Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball @ Mary Nutter - Day 2 Weber St.

Started by psycHOGlogist, February 18, 2018, 04:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

T3

2 hitter tries to bunt, nicely thrown out. 1 down.
3 hitter grounds out to Diaz (I think), 2 down.
4 hitter pops out on the first pitch - 3 down. Nice, easy inning for Warrick.

Due up - Diaz, Bugarin, and Buczek

flippinhogmana

Hope Warrick pitches at least a good four or five innings
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 07:29:36 pm
T3

2 hitter tries to bunt, nicely thrown out. 1 down.
3 hitter grounds out to Diaz (I think), 2 down.
4 hitter pops out on the first pitch - 3 down. Nice, easy inning for Warrick.

Due up - Diaz, Bugarin, and Buczek

Indeed
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

B4 -
Diaz grounds weakly to 3b, 1 down.
This pitcher is keeping the batters guessing by mixing speeds well.
Bugarin goes down 0-2, popping out to SS. Another bad swing at a change up.
Buczek is flailing at garbage pitches up there ... ugh. But then she bounces an infield single - NICE!
McEwen flies out to LF.

Looks like Storms was warming up?

Due up for LMU 5-6-7.

psycHOGlogist

Nope - Warrick still out there for T4.

5 hitter swings at the first pitch and pops to Belans, 1 down.
Another ground ball right past Belans, who doesn't dive for it, and the 6 hitter has a single. Runner on 1, 1 down.
Jeez - this is just horrible.
Liner past Diaz at 1b, it rolls through McEwen's legs in RF, runner on first scores, batter makes it all the way to third. Just. Awful. Defense. 4-0 LMU.
And to be clear, it was not a hard hit ball. More of a bloop.
LMU tries the squeeze but it goes foul.
Warrick gets the K on the next pitch - 2 down.
Next batter, the 9 hitter, singles solidly to LF, 5-0 LMU. UGH.
Runner on 1, 2 out.
Next batter LACES one but right at Buczek, who snags it very nicely for the 3rd out.

Due up: Krzysko, Belans, Cooper.

Have to get something going here, down 5 in the B4.

psycHOGlogist

February 18, 2018, 07:49:40 pm #55 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:02:10 pm by psycHOGlogist
B4

Krzysko grounds out easily to 2b.
Belans ends the shut out - dinger to LF! Reeaaaalllly long HR. 5-1 LMU.
Cooper whiffs. Doesn't look good doing so, either. 2 outs.
Green doubles to LF on a nice looking swing. Runner on 2, 2 outs.
Warrick hits an easy grounder to SS, but she boots it, and Green scores from 2b and Warrick is safe at 1b. 5-2 LMU.
Diaz, with Warrick on 1b, should just be trying to put one in the seats.
Some kind of issue with the LMU coach, who gets tossed. How weird.
To reset - Warrick on 1, 2 outs. Diaz up.
Diaz hits a long single to LF, runners at 1/2, 2 outs (despite the fact that the announcer thinks there's only 1 lol).
PR now for Warrick on 2b, Edwards.
Bugarin grounds out to SS to end the inning.

Due up for LMU to face Storms: 2-3-4

flippinhogmana

Belans and the vets are starting to wake up a little bit I think.  I hope they jell around the freshmen and show them the way in this one.

psycHOGlogist

T5
Storms into the circle.
2 hitter K's. 1 down.
3 hitter walks. Some iffy ball/strike calls there, imo.
Weather is a bit of a factor tonight - it's pretty windy, and it looks like the temp has dropped about 15 degrees from the early game.
Runner on 1, 1 out.
4 hitter K's, 2 down.
And Storms strikes out the side in the 5th! Nice, Autumn!

Due up - top of the order. C'mon, offense!!!!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 08:04:37 pm
T5
Storms into the circle.
2 hitter K's. 1 down.
3 hitter walks. Some iffy ball/strike calls there, imo.
Weather is a bit of a factor tonight - it's pretty windy, and it looks like the temp has dropped about 15 degrees from the early game.
Runner on 1, 1 out.
4 hitter K's, 2 down.

Haff seems to have challenged Autumn!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 18, 2018, 08:08:56 pm
Haff seems to have challenged Autumn!

Her drop is really working, and she did a good job of jamming the RH batters. Looked very good.

And the video feed has gone dead, so ... we'll see about more play by play ...

flippinhogmana

was there any explanation about why the lmu coach got tossed?

pigture perfect

Come one gals. Go my rally hat on. Great win in 1st game.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

psycHOGlogist

February 18, 2018, 08:14:47 pm #62 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:26:10 pm by psycHOGlogist
It's back, and there's a new LMU pitcher.

Looks like Buczek is on 2b, Krzysko is up. No idea about anyone else. Man, FloSoftball... you are letting me down! lol

McEwen must be on first, because they're signaling no outs to the OF.

Update - Buczek got a hit, McEwen was HBP.

Krzysko whiffs, so that's the first out.
Belans is now on 2b, and McEwen 3rd, so we must have gotten a hit scoring Buczek. 5-3 LMU. Runners on 2/3, 1 out. Cooper up.

Of course, ours is the only field having video tech problems lol.

Video is gone again. Grrrrr.

Video frozen again.
We're back - pinch runner for Belans at 2b, 2-2 on Cooper, she bloops out to CF.

Softball twitter says that LMU throws WP, McEwen scores, PR (Haizlip) to 3b, Green at the plate. 5-4 LMU.

Inning over, per SB twitter. 5-4 LMU into the T6.

flippinhogmana

stat feed is totally frozen right now with Buczek at the plate

psycHOGlogist

T6 - I got nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like the stat feed is back. Storms got a 1-2-3 inning, and we're headed to B6.

Bottom of the order headed up for the Hogs. WPS!!!

psycHOGlogist

February 18, 2018, 08:31:10 pm #65 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:44:56 pm by psycHOGlogist
B6 -
Malkin PH (and is now DP).
She K's swinging, 1 down.
(BTW - Storms struck out the side in the T6).
Diaz doubles down the RF line - great job! Love to see her take pitches the other way!
Runner on 2, 1 out. Benz on to PR for Diaz.
Bugarin singles, runners on the corners, 1 down.
Buzcek SINGLES, Benz in to tie the game!!! WPS!!!
Runners 1/2, 1 out. McEwen up.
Another pitching change for LMU.
McEwen K's swinging.
Krzysko up. Hitless so far ... and stays that way. Hits into fielder's choice.

But the Hogs TIE IT UP! Headed to T7.

Storms to face 9-1-2 for LMU.

flippinhogmana

February 18, 2018, 08:34:11 pm #66 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:44:33 pm by flippinhogmana
I see storms has six Ks this short stint!

and perhaps Diaz is starting to get it going (as is Belans) both now have two hits this game

Its Bugarin's turn!  Good to see the vets providing leadership and bringing us back from a deep hole.

Three hits now for Buzcek!

It would be fitting for Kryzsko to cap the comeback (as a vet) after the freshman made an out.  It will help bond the team even more, letting the rookies know they need the vets!

Well at least they tied it up!

psycHOGlogist

T7
Bummer - Storms doesn't get the K. Just a groundout to 3b, 1 out.
GAH!!!! 1 batter reaches on throwing error by Bugarin. Sheesh!
Storms rebounds and gets the next batter to K, 2 down.
Batter grounds out to 3b, third out.

On to B7 -- LET'S WALK IT OFF, HOGS!!!!

Due up: Belans, Cooper, Green

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 08:46:56 pm
T7
Bummer - Storms doesn't get the K. Just a groundout to 3b, 1 out.
GAH!!!! 1 batter reaches on throwing error by Bugarin. Sheesh!
Storms rebounds and gets the next batter to K, 2 down.

but then Autumn leans over to her and picks her up with a K!

Now this is the Autumn of early last year!  Easily the best she has pitched in her three appearances this spring.

The vets came to play this game, especially Buczek!

pigture perfect

Thanks guys for the pbp. I'm loving the comeback so far.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

psycHOGlogist

B7 -

Belans walks. Runner on 1, 0 out.
Cooper flies out to RF, 1 down.
Green singles to LF, runners 1/2, 1 out!
Malkin up. And she DELIVERS!!! GWRBI single to CF, Belans scores from 2b, and the comeback is COMPLETE!

WPS!

flippinhogmana

hahaha! love it for Malkin that it wasnt a homer, and I love it that Belans scored the winner and that green did her part moving her along.  A team win of veteran grit and some youthful exuberance!

Southarkansashog

Woo pig!! Games like this will definitely help later in the year. Lots of guts and determination showed by these young ladies!

Bacons Rebellion

Great to win games like that. Team has to learn that they are winners.

psycHOGlogist

Very exciting - really have to love the heart. Coming back from down 5-0 against anyone is impressive.

Now, let's come out tomorrow morning against a decent Fordham team and finish the tournament off in style!

flippinhogmana

Lot of heroes today Buczek, Belans, Storms, Green, Diaz and Malkin especially

pigture perfect

What a great weekend to be a Hog fan. Thanks everyone.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 09:07:07 pm
Very exciting - really have to love the heart. Coming back from down 5-0 against anyone is impressive.

Now, let's come out tomorrow morning against a decent Fordham team and finish the tournament off in style!

Fordham is 0-4, however that is deceiving, three of the losses have been to ranked teams including UCLA (ranked fourth I believe) 0-4, # 23 California (by 2-9), Utah (that we beat by two, they lost to by 5), so they aren't walkovers.

psycHOGlogist

I honestly don't know about this year, but traditionally Fordham is one of the better teams in the Northeast. (Though this year, Boston U already beat Oklahoma!)

flippinhogmana

well one thing is emerging -  we have a lot better overall hitting, and we have two front line pitchers this year.  Haff has pitched 13 inning not giving up an earned run, and Storms has pitched 10 innings giving up only two earned runs.  Haff has been the better, more dominating pitcher to this point, but that last three innings by Autumn was dominating too (no runs, one hit, with seven of nine struck out).

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana