Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

v LSU

Started by flippinhogmana, February 18, 2018, 02:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

February 18, 2018, 02:42:58 am Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:42:07 am by flippinhogmana
game time 2 pm at the Bud.

I am pretty sure that I will not be doing a thread tomorrow as the softballers also have two game tomorrow.  Before that there is a baseball game, so I will try to fit in watching it all, but I doubt I will have time to post.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

But I will probably see if I can give it some sort of a shot and at least post some updates, just not sure how timely I will be with it.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

I dont know how well I can watch a baseball game and update the women's BB game but I wlll give it a shot.  The game lineup will be the same for the hogs.  LSU will be a tough opponent.  They are playing well.

flippinhogmana

game about to start
tigers break on top, 2-0
mason ties it a couple of possesions later, 2-2
7:07 to go first quarter
williams gives the hogs with fts,
then LSU ties it up with a bucket, 4-4

flippinhogmana

six minutes to go 4-4
williams with a layup off a mason feed gives the hogs the lead back 6-4
hogs not shooting well, but neither or the tigers
with three to go, tigers hit a three for a 7-6, lead
williams rebounds and gets a stick back to regain the lead 8-7

flippinhogmana

williams with six of the hogs points as we go to the media time out

flippinhogmana

tigers get a layup to take the lead back 9-8
then they hit a three as the shot clock winds down 13-8

flippinhogmana

monk gets a layup near the end of the quarter to cut the lead to three, 13-10
and thats the score at the end of one

flippinhogmana

tigers score a bucket to make it 15-10
hogs just cant buy a basket
now tigers score again inside, foul on williams, and tigers get the ft, for a 18-10 lead

flippinhogmana

rnb hits a three, to cut it to 18-13
25-13 as hogs cant stop the tigers and cant hit anything themselves

flippinhogmana

i have no idea why coach seems to refuse to play weaver when it might matter

flippinhogmana

media timeout, 4:23 to go in the first half
williams hits a layup to cut it back to ten 25-15

flippinhogmana

williams fighting hard, saves the bucket, gets an offensive board and bucket, to cut it to eight

flippinhogmana

williams now has 12 and its a six point game

flippinhogmana

tigers get a bucket to take it back to eight 27-19, williams is the only one who can score for the hogs.
williams hits one of two from the line, 27-10 for 13 points, monk and cosper has a combined two points
tigers hit a couple of fts, and then monk hits a three to take it to 29-23

flippinhogmana

and thats at the buzzer, the end of the first half

flippinhogmana

williams is the only reason we are in this game, she even hit 5-6 fts (she is usually a 50 per cent shooter from there) for 13 and has six boards (four offensive)

Monks long heave at the buzzer might get her going though
monk is 2-12, mason 1-7, cosper 0-6, and zimmer 0-3 from the field

flippinhogmana

cosper does have a couple of steals and has five boards, as does mason,
zimmer has two boards both offensive, thomas has one offensive board, but two fouls
hogs have five turnovers, and the tigers have seven, that and the fact that the tigers are also shooting poorly is the only saving grace at this point
I wonder if the Tennesse loss didnt suck a lot of heart out of this team, maybe especially monk and cosper who had career days that game.

flippinhogmana

hogs baseballers up 3-1 going to the top of the ninth.  quite a chance from 32-4!

flippinhogmana

tigers score inside but mason counters with a mid range jumper 31-25
now 33-29 after a couple of monk scores
hogs running a triangle and two today by the way
its a four point game after an LSU score and a monk bucket (now has 12)
tigers with another layup, 38-32 at the media time out

flippinhogmana

hogs win their baseball game 3-1
monk is three for three this half, but with a couple of turnovers, the hogs with four this half
4:14 to go in the third when play resumes,
cosper is 0-2 this half 0-8 for the game

flippinhogmana

thomas, and rnb in now with mason, zimmer and williams
zimmer turns it over and the tigers get a layup
tigers get another layup, but thomas gets a tip in to counter, still an 8 point game,
44-36
then tigers get a jumper to make it a ten point game 46-36

flippinhogmana

mason gets a jumper to cut it to eight
but with a layup, lsu takes it back to ten 48-38, ft makes it 49-38
and thats the score at the end of three

psycHOGlogist

Every time I want to scream at Monk for doing something stupid or missing a layup, she turns around and does something absolutely incredible. She has got to be incredibly tired - what a gamer!!!

And with Mason running the point, we are really struggling on O...

flippinhogmana

lsu's freshman 6-5 center is injured on the court and being attended to
rnb hits a ft, and misses the second to cut it to 49-39
swinson with her second consecutive turnover
and it results in a layup for lsu and a twelve point lead
tigers add a ft, for a 13 point lead

psycHOGlogist

Also - I really feel bad for Cosper. This is her Senior Day, and she is having one of the worst shooting nights I can remember for her. Love her effort and guts, but it's not her night from the floor.

ladybackfan

Does ANYONE know WHY Weaver is still sitting on the bench?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 03:20:20 pm
Every time I want to scream at Monk for doing something stupid or missing a layup, she turns around and does something absolutely incredible. She has got to be incredibly tired - what a gamer!!!

And with Mason running the point, we are really struggling on O...

another one plus for you for doing the softball thread later today!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ladybackfan on February 18, 2018, 03:24:11 pm
of course not

flippinhogmana

one of two from the line for monk to cut it to 12
cosper finally hits a three, cuts it to nine
mason hits a jumper to cut it to seven after a tigers foul

flippinhogmana

another foul on lsu's center and we are to the media timeout
4:59 to go

flippinhogmana

tiger center's fourth foul by the way and williams should be at the line when we come back

flippinhogmana

williams is playing heroic today, hits both to cut it to five and a 8-0 run

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: ladybackfan on February 18, 2018, 03:24:11 pm

The only thing I can think of, apart from the staff having a better sense of what she can and can't do than I do as a fan, is that Williams is actually playing really well. We are playing a new defense today (Triangle and 2), and it's very possible that Weaver doesn't fit that scheme or doesn't understand how to run it. We definitely need height, but if the choice is Williams or Weaver, you don't sit Williams with the way she is playing, imo.

flippinhogmana

however another layup for the tigers and a foul/turnover on cosper
and lsu gets a three for a ten point lead
cosper hits both fts to cut it back to eight
3:39 to go
monk fouled and hits both to take it back to six

flippinhogmana

cosper fouls, her third
lsu misses, hogs board and with 2:42 to go, hogs take a time out, down six

psycHOGlogist

OMG - that is such a TERRIBLE call on Cosper. Literally incidental contact. These refs are such garbage!

flippinhogmana

layup good by monk to cut it to four

flippinhogmana

too busy to commenting on officiating today, thanks for having my back!
lsu and hogs trade misses and then wiliams hits a layup to cut it to 2!

flippinhogmana

1:14 to go and the tigers take a time out

flippinhogmana

good feed for cosper to find williams going to the basket

flippinhogmana

hogs with another 8-0 run
lsu scores a two and monk misses a three, 44 seconds left

psycHOGlogist

Really need someone to make a clutch shot about now.

... and we don't get it.  :(

flippinhogmana

mason fouls and lsu gets a layup again for a six point lead
41 seconds to go and a hogs time out
difference in score clocks, one shows 33 seconds, one 41, I suspect its 33
cosper misses a three, zimmer fouls
lsu hits one ft for a seven point lead

flippinhogmana

williams hits two fts to cut it to five
but there is only three seconds left, at least they showed some fight

psycHOGlogist

Just don't have it in the clutch, but another pretty solid overall effort.

I keep thinking that with the right players and a little bit better shooters, we will really be in good shape.

flippinhogmana

career high for williams no doubt (19 points) and nine boards

flippinhogmana

well gaulden is another player a lot like monk, but dungee is like cosper (sometimes streaky) but bigger, longer and more of a scorer, we still need our bigs to play better (which I think they will) and for weaver especially to impact more

logic

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 03:34:04 pm
The only thing I can think of, apart from the staff having a better sense of what she can and can't do than I do as a fan, is that Williams is actually playing really well. We are playing a new defense today (Triangle and 2), and it's very possible that Weaver doesn't fit that scheme or doesn't understand how to run it. We definitely need height, but if the choice is Williams or Weaver, you don't sit Williams with the way she is playing, imo.

LadybackBBFan

Game was lost with Cosper and Mason being off on their shooting plus the steals that we let them get that led to easy layups at critical times.  Weaver will have to play against Texas A&M as we will not be able to slack off of their shooters and pack it in or we will get killed