Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uniform Question...

Started by woodhog14, March 29, 2017, 01:29:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhog14

I know that the Athletic Department has it's branding and want all the athletic teams to use the same font, but IMHO that font we have wasn't designed with baseball in mind and doesn't look good our baseball uniforms. My question is, can the baseball team somehow change it to a different font so the uniforms would look better?

I'm sure they can't, just curious.

clutch

kennymayne

What happened to the cream throwbacks on Sundays? Those are my favorite.

FraggleHog

Quote from: kennymayne on March 29, 2017, 03:14:22 pm

You mean these? They were used last season (after the re-branding) so I imagine they are still in use and in the rotation this season.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

BigD94

Yea I havent seen these yet this season and was wondering the same thing.
WOO PIG!

SPAL

I expect to see them against LSU on sunday

hogfan14

Think I read where the players didn't like them because they were hot and uncomfortable so we're waiting till next year to wear them once they get made out of the same fabric as the others

BroyledNutts

Quote from: hogfan14 on March 29, 2017, 07:13:50 pm
Think I read where the players didn't like them because they were hot and uncomfortable so we're waiting till next year to wear them once they get made out of the same fabric as the others

I'll vouch for that ... I have one of those jerseys, and it will roast you on warm days. Can't imagine adding pants of the same material to the misery.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Surfing8 on March 30, 2017, 12:08:43 pm
Since we're talking about uniforms... does the excessive bubbling on some of the player's numbers on the back of their unis bug anyone else? 

Just looks a bit amateur hour for a top D1 program IMO.

Hadn't really noticed that - if so, it's typical Nike quality. I have Addidas stuff from years ago that is still as nice as when I bought them. I have three Nike items, not more than two years old, where the graphics are already beginning to peel. 

hogfan14

Yeah it looks worse when the sun hits it. I like the shiny look to the numbers but it makes me want to take an iron to it.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Surfing8 on March 30, 2017, 12:08:43 pm
Since we're talking about uniforms... does the excessive bubbling on some of the player's numbers on the back of their unis bug anyone else? 

Just looks a bit amateur hour for a top D1 program IMO.

I have noticed that, also.  Not a good look.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: hogfan14 on March 30, 2017, 02:43:48 pm
Yeah it looks worse when the sun hits it. I like the shiny look to the numbers but it makes me want to take an iron to it.

Yuck.