Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A&M had this to say after game article

Started by runninrazorback, September 25, 2017, 01:31:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

runninrazorback

DeltaBoy

Sumlin got a voodo doll and used it on Bret.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LA Football fan

Yeah they just told their blockers they needed to do a better job of holding and the hole would be there.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LA Football fan on September 25, 2017, 01:41:41 pm
Yeah they just told their blockers they needed to do a better job of holding and the hole would be there.

Yep LSU dad said the Zebra crew shafted us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hogcard1964

Did you see the follow up article?

Arkansas message board: Sick grandfather approaching death wants Bret Bielema fired before passing away

DeltaBoy

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LA Football fan on September 25, 2017, 01:41:41 pm

Yeah I'm no fan of bielema but on that ko return for a td the guy that would have made the tackle was held and once the ball carrier passed him he was tackled by the guy holding him. Was pretty bad.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 02:39:10 pm
Yep LSU dad said the Zebra crew shafted us.

The refs took a touchdown off the board and tried to eject two of our players for targeting, but yeah, they're against you.  ::)

At Jerryworld when you're the home team in a venue run by a well-known Arkansas booster, the refs are against you.

Please.

Tiredofhogssucking

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 26, 2017, 06:04:55 am
The refs took a touchdown off the board and tried to eject two of our players for targeting, but yeah, they're against you.  ::)

At Jerryworld when you're the home team in a venue run by a well-known Arkansas booster, the refs are against you.

Please.

Ok... but explain how the last penalty called on Texas A&M was with 8:00 to go in the 2nd Qtr.  It seems the refs tried to make up for the blown call on the Mond run for the rest of the game. 

The tackle block on the KO was pretty obvious. 

I sincerely hope the majority of the Arkansas fans refuse to try and make the refs the cause of our loss to A&M.  We lost the game because we weren't good enough in the schemes we choose, the decisions we make, the mental state we play in, to beat this team that day.  Sadly, its been that way for 6 years.  BUT REMEMBER, we just need time to correct these problems.  So A&M, rest assured, within the next few years, given time, you Guys better look out.  We've changed the old, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, slogan, to, WAIT TILL NEXT DECADE.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: 12247 on September 26, 2017, 06:33:17 am
I sincerely hope the majority of the Arkansas fans refuse to try and make the refs the cause of our loss to A&M.  We lost the game because we weren't good enough in the schemes we choose, the decisions we make, the mental state we play in, to beat this team that day.  Sadly, its been that way for 6 years.  BUT REMEMBER, we just need time to correct these problems.  So A&M, rest assured, within the next few years, given time, you Guys better look out.  We've changed the old, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, slogan, to, WAIT TILL NEXT DECADE.
No one is blaming the refs for the loss.  It can be pointed out that there were missed calls on important plays, but everyone understands the worst call went against A&M. 

Rayzback

"We haven't had a kick return for a touchdown in, I think it's about seven years. I don't know what it is, the exact number."

The odds of lightning striking twice must have been pretty high that day.....
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Tiredofhogssucking

Quote from: 12247 on September 26, 2017, 06:33:17 am
My comment wasn't meant to say we lost because of the refs.  The thread is how A&M saw something and "executed" a KO return for a TD.  I'm only saying the play wasn't without a tackle block to spring the return. 

It seemed the refs swallowed their whistles after the blown call on the Mond run.  It's a moot point that doesn't matter now.  Just curious there wasn't another penalty called the rest of the game on A&M after the blown call on the Mond run. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Tiredofhogssucking on September 26, 2017, 06:57:38 am
My comment wasn't meant to say we lost because of the refs.  The thread is how A&M saw something and "executed" a KO return for a TD.  I'm only saying the play wasn't without a tackle block to spring the return. 

It seemed the refs swallowed their whistles after the blown call on the Mond run.  It's a moot point that doesn't matter now.  Just curious there wasn't another penalty called the rest of the game on A&M after the blown call on the Mond run. 
I saw blown calls on both sides of the ball. I remember one big play in the 2nd half where we got away with an obvious block in the back...that play went for 20 or 30 yards and I think it was a 3rd down. I felt like it was an evenly called game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys