Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS: DANIEL STEGALL COMMITTS TO MIAMI

Started by BadDogGHSDogPound, January 22, 2006, 05:51:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadDogGHSDogPound

I just got off the phone and got word from a very close source to Daniel that he has decommitted to Arkansas State and has committed to Miami in the past hour.

Miami just started to focus on Daniel on Thursday of last week. Over the weekend Miami decided they wanted the All State Quarterback out of Greenwood and offered him. Daniel is in the process of setting up an official visit to Miami and is excited to be going to a ACC school.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

jrw11475

BadDogGHSDogPound

Oh it's true...Daniel decommitt to ASU this afternoon.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on January 22, 2006, 05:51:13 pm
I just got off the phone and got word from a very close source to Daniel that he has decommitted to Arkansas State and has committed to Miami in the past hour.

Miami just started to focus on Daniel on Thursday of last week. Over the weekend Miami decided they wanted the All State Quarterback out of Greenwood and offered him. Daniel is in the process of setting up an official visit to Miami and is excited to be going to a ACC school.

If true, that's a big upgrade for him.  Congrats.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

ballhog™

he's a great athlete, great kid too from what I hear.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

gwddog

way to go daniel. great move by miami. where is that d@m fence!!!!!
back 2 back 2 back

Cure

This kid is a steal...great athlete..can't wait to see him the next few years ;D
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Zen_Hog

jrw11475

I hate that for ASU, I know they are building a good program.  He will be moving into a higher class bigtime.

gibby

Seems like a rather easy decision for him to make.  Coral Gables over Jonesboro?  check  ACC over Sun Belt? check  Perennial Top 25 program over um, arguably-zero tradition?  check

Good luck to the kid.  I hope he does well.  It's a great opportunity for him, and for future Arkansas high school kids overall. 

On a side note, it might be interesting to look back in 5 years to see which star quarterback from the Class of 2006 has the better collegiate career.

Rzrbckr

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 22, 2006, 06:03:26 pm
I am so happy for him, and the fact that HDN has no ability to judge talent.......... unless he made an offer to him I never heard about........ NO, that didn't happen......

SMITE THIS!
NR    Daniel Stegall
(Greenwood HS)
Greenwood, AR   6-2/180/4.55  Air Force, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Navy, Arkansas, Texas A&M 

bosshawg38

What does it matter to us? We're getting Mustain.

gibby

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 22, 2006, 06:19:29 pm
I'm sorry, but I am just not believing this post and I am calling BS on it! A two star recruit, according to rivals, does not fit in the same class as any of the Miami recruits so far. Sorry Greenwood Bulldog fan, it didn't happen
Frankly, I couldn't care less, but here's the link:  http://www.miami.rivals.com/

Razorback Ranger

Nice to hear a Greenwood Boy getting some love.  There have been a couple that have deserved it and were overlooked.

Ugly Uncle

I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU!

Stegall is better than we have given him credit for.  I hope he does well.  Too bad we couldn't get him, but honestly, with Mustain coming he needed to go somewhere else.  I just thought during the Mitch indecision time, he should have been our back up plan.
Retired Radio Host

fieldturf

Good enough for Miami, but not good enough for HDN.  Said on the hurricane site that he can also play receiver and has real good moves.  We are over here foaming at mouth over all these kids that we no nothing about and here we had a great athlete right here in our back yard.  He must be from the wrong side of the tracks I guess!!  Good Luck Daniel!!!!!!!!

thahawg

I would of been madder if we went after this kid.

BadDogGHSDogPound

January 22, 2006, 06:26:36 pm #18 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 06:35:20 pm by BadDogGHSDogPound
rivals.miami.com That's not current anymore. This happened in the past hour and 1/2.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 22, 2006, 06:03:26 pm
I am so happy for him, and the fact that HDN has no ability to judge talent.......... unless he made an offer to him I never heard about........ NO, that didn't happen......

SMITE THIS!

good grief man, can you be more of a loser?  with his list of schools being arkansas state, navy, and tulsa EVERYBODY on this board (yourself included) would say, "yea, he's a good athlete but isn't good enough to be an SEC QB."  so now that miami jumps in people like you start saying that HDN has no ability to judge talent  hahahahah  give me a freakin' break
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Thrilbilly

I have heard good things on this kid all year. I was wondering why the Hogs were not interested. Sometimes the things that go on up there don't make any sense to me!

HoopS

Congrats to him.  I guess it shouldn't have surprised me to see that HDN has gotten blaimed for letting DS out of state.  I guess I'm confused here, did you want us to sign 2 qbs or what?   Fwiw, Malzahn and Wood apparently didn't offer DS either.

Thrilbilly

bosshawg38

ScotchHog

High school quarterbacks in Arkansas seem to have a bit of a reliability problem.
In the future, colleges might want to make sure they have a trustworthy backup before recruiting one.
Always waiting

fieldturf

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 06:32:28 pm
What is wrong with signing two quarterbacks?
What's wrong signing him as wide reciever?  We going after 4 or 5 wideouts or maybe more....And yes what's wrong with signing another QB....

Thrilbilly

January 22, 2006, 06:43:59 pm #26 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 06:47:26 pm by Thrilbilly
I read the article that was posted on the Miami bored where Stegall was interviewed. He said at that time he wanted to be a Hog and used the word us talking about Hog baseball. Hope he does well in Florida and also hope he is not a good one we missed. Just because top schools are not all over a guy does not mean he is not a baller!!

hogwildinhouston

What will now become interesting is how amazingly he will probably shoot up the recruiting ranks now that he's a Miami commit.

However, that's absolutely great for the kid.  Hope he has one hell of a career there.

Hogimus Maximus

Good for him. Nobody cares about that two bit vo-tech in Jonesboro anyway.

Galleywinter

chiefsfan

Hey  gives me all the more reason to hate Miami.

ASU will be fine at QB without him,   at least for the next couple years.   This just means we need to sign a new QB for next year, something we didnt plan on doing earlier...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: taintlint on January 22, 2006, 06:50:24 pm
WHO GIVES A CRAP?!!?!?!?!?!?!!? No one wanted this kid until Miami snagged him. None of you were stroking him while he was an ASU commitment and had we offered him, most of you would be making fun of the fact that his other choices were ASU, Oral Roberts, Texas El Paso, and Pulaski Tech. Many of you are pathetic. Pick a damn stance and stay there. Either it's ok to go after kids who have offers from only crappy schools or it's not. I'm going to go and vomit now that I have realized the time I have wasted on this board.

If i am not mistaken there have been several post on here about Stegall and why the Hogs were not offering him!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 06:58:27 pm
WHO GIVES A CRAP?!!?!?!?!?!?!!? No one wanted this kid until Miami snagged him. None of you were stroking him while he was an ASU commitment and had we offered him, most of you would be making fun of the fact that his other choices were ASU, Oral Roberts, Texas El Paso, and Pulaski Tech. Many of you are pathetic. Pick a damn stance and stay there. Either it's ok to go after kids who have offers from only crappy schools or it's not. I'm going to go and vomit now that I have realized the time I have wasted on this board.

If i am not mistaken there have been several post on here about Stegall and why the Hogs were not offering him!!

Not just that, but there were MANY that were upset the nobody from Alabama was going to be the plan B instead of him. 

Good for Daniel.

taintlint

You are correct. His name has come up but no one WANTED him. There were no "stay home daniel" threads. This is just a bunch of typical hypocrits.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 22, 2006, 07:00:16 pm

Not just that, but there were MANY that were upset the nobody from Alabama was going to be the plan B instead of him.

Good for Daniel.

Thats true. I have saw highlight and stats on Stegall and he can play. I guess now time will tell if the Hogs should have moved on him. I wondered all year what they saw in him that they did not like.

HoopS

with MM in the fold, we now have 4 schollie qb's.   More good ones available next season as well.   Im not saying that it would have been a mistake to sign DS, in fact, I was hoping they would offer him myself a couple weeks ago.   My point is, you pile on HDN for this when we don't know who actually didn't want him.  Obviously, none of the 3 just had to have him if no offer was ever tenedered by us.  So make sure to pile on Malzahn and Wood as well.

Did you see that Denver game earlier?  Played horribly.   I bet you can find a way to blame Nutt for that too, or maybe Stan.

JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT

When I read this recent news about Daniel, I had to laugh at myself.  I'm not a big Nutt fan, but what is interesting about this whole thing is that whenever we get the commitment from a kid who was being recruited or had committed previously to another school such as a Tulsa or a Louisiana-Monroe, I think that our coaching staff has lost its mind.  "We've wasted a scholarship.  We can never compete with these kind of recruits."  Now we see one of our own, who had not been heavily recruited and had committed to Ark. State, drawing interest or committing to a national power such as Miami, and instead of laughing at Miami and thinking "how could you make such a mistake?" I ask myself, "How could we have let this kid get away?  What happened to that fence around our state Nutt promised ?  I wonder if we could offer him a scholarship now or get him to visit?  If he is good enough for Miami, he is good enough for us."  If you visit Miami's message boards, some of the posts there sound very familiar to some I've read here.  Many of them view Daniel just like we view some of our commitments. After all, the value of a recruit is all based on "stars" isn't it?  And Daniel doesn't have allot of "stars."  Maybe, just maybe, our coaches see some things in a recruit that I don't see.  Maybe they are a better judge of talent than me, afterall!  I think when it comes to recruiting, I'll just keep my day job.

ballhog™

I think he could have been a better option than the kid from alabama, but I'm not upset arkansas didn't offer him.

that being said, it is great news for him and I wish him luck at miami (if that's where he ends up)
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

BadDogGHSDogPound

http://www.greenwooddogpound.com/Foot05/Stegall.html

Should be something in the Miami newspaper tomorrow as they've already called and intereviewd Daniel this afternoon.

Galleywinter

We can't have 5 or 6 QB's on on campus guys. Your going to have some unhappy players, and there are not that many scholarship's to go around. We have been so wrapped up in the MM saga, and now we need to get receivers. What about some linemen with some speed to pass block, or some decent DB's. Point is. Only 50 something scholarship's to go around. 5 Qb's on scholarship's means there is one missing somewhere else.

chiefsfan

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on January 22, 2006, 07:09:57 pm
http://www.greenwooddogpound.com/Foot05/Stegall.html

Should be something in the Miami newspaper tomorrow as they've already called and intereviewd Daniel this afternoon.

Here's a smite just for making a big deal about it and registering on 8 different boards under similar names just to tell us

I will now boo any noncommited ASU or hog player from Greenwood High School.  and of course Miami...:)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HoopS

absolutely right Galley. 

Nobody wants to lose good in-state guys but I think it's justified this time.   If AM didn't come back, I imagine they may have made a late push at him or Carson Williams.... as is, they made the right decision from a numbers standpoint.    I can't say if he will turn out better than Mustain, but we played it right. 

Thrilbilly

Quote from: hoophogs on January 22, 2006, 07:17:58 pm
absolutely right Galley.

Nobody wants to lose good in-state guys but I think it's justified this time. If AM didn't come back, I imagine they may have made a late push at him or Carson Williams.... as is, they made the right decision from a numbers standpoint. I can't say if he will turn out better than Mustain, but we played it right.

Isn't Landon Leach having surgery to make a come back at QB also.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

HoopS

NS thrillbilly.   

I read something about a transfer too.   Who knows.

gwddog

would not have needed to use a fb schollie. he could of took a baseball schollie and walked on in fb if it was an option?
back 2 back 2 back

BadDogGHSDogPound

Galleywinter

Can't go for that either.My man DVH shouldn't burn one for a kid that wouldnt play. He was a good High School BB player, but not major college(Miami/Arkansas good).
Quote from: gwddog on January 22, 2006, 07:26:39 pm
would not have needed to use a fb schollie. he could of took a baseball schollie and walked on in fb if it was an option?

BadDogGHSDogPound

Pioneer Fan

Quote from: Galleywinter on January 22, 2006, 07:29:32 pm
Can't go for that either.My man DVH shouldn't burn one for a kid that wouldnt play. He was a good High School BB player, but not major college(Miami/Arkansas good).
Quote from: gwddog on January 22, 2006, 07:26:39 pm

Ditto Galley. I would love to have him for football (receiver or backup quarterback) but I don't think he is Razorback baseball material.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.