Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uniforms

Started by 40MINSOFHELL, March 13, 2009, 01:29:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

Can we please change our uniforms, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!! :razorback: :razorback:

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Cooper on March 13, 2009, 01:32:14 pm
Why?

they look like they are from the late 80's, i dont like them

akp4105

I think we need to focus on becoming a better basketball team and winning games. Then I dont care what the uniforms look like.

McKdaddy

Quote from: akp4105 on March 13, 2009, 01:35:39 pm
I think we need to focus on becoming a better basketball team and winning games. Then I dont care what the uniforms look like.
Agreed, one problem at a time.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

sickboy

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 13, 2009, 01:33:42 pm
they look like they are from the late 80's, i dont like them

I wish we played like a Razorback team from the late 80's.  Maybe we need to try the uniforms the 94 and 95 teams wore.  Those seemed to have worked.

4thdownnutt

win 2 games and were worried about what?

hawgsav1

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on March 13, 2009, 02:26:41 pm
win 2 games and were worried about what?

You realize that we only won two games because our uniforms weren't cool right? ;)
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

cdclark09

Yeah that's right... the uniforms are the problem. 

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 13, 2009, 01:33:42 pm
i dont like them
Did they forget to consult YOU before they designed the current unis?  How dare they!

cdclark09

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 13, 2009, 02:28:12 pm
You realize that we only won two games because our uniforms weren't cool right? ;)
You mean, because they aren't cool enough for 40minsofpel

4thdownnutt

These guyes need to know what the unis look like before the commit so it won't bother their performance.  If they then approve of the unis then they should sign a guarantee that we'll win more than 2 games and if we don't then we'll act like their good enough for the nba

hawgsav1

Quote from: cdclark09 on March 13, 2009, 02:35:29 pm
You mean, because they aren't cool enough for 40minsofpel

Well, obviously.  I can't believe you didn't realize that 40minsofpel is the final authority on this team.  What's wrong with you? ;)

hawgsav1

Quote from: Cooper on March 13, 2009, 02:45:46 pm
I'm wearing a black shirt. I think I'll perform better at work today because of it.

NO...BLACK...UNIFORMS...

hawgsav1

4thdownnutt

hey what a revelation.  we could wear black and look like vandy and georgia.  Thats what we need is black - ought to be worth at least 10 more pts a game don't you think?

cdclark09

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 13, 2009, 02:51:44 pm
Well, obviously.  I can't believe you didn't realize that 40minsofpel is the final authority on this team.  What's wrong with you? ;)
mea culpa

hawgsav1

40MINSOFHELL

sorry, i'm just tired of these uniforms

H-O-double g

I'd rather have the "slobberin Hog" back at midcourt of Bud more

akp4105

When nolan was here we had a lot of uniforms with a significant amount of black on them. I'm not for the all black though.

Oliver

Our uniforms are somewhere between items 85 and 90 on my 100 item list of things that are wrong with our basketball program right now.

I know the off season always gets around to uni talk, but on the first day?

akp4105

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 13, 2009, 03:10:29 pm
Our uniforms are somewhere between items 85 and 90 on my 100 item list of things that are wrong with our basketball program right now.

great post

PMP11

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 13, 2009, 02:57:24 pm

When was the last time Man U changed their uniforms?  I may be wrong, but I thought they were basically the same as they've been wearing for over 40 years.

I guess I'm in the minority, I like the "classic" look of our uni's.  I'm not a fan of teams changing it up every year.  But hey, that's just me.

heathtits

Another brilliant thread from the highly intelligent Manc fan.

The_Iceman

Back to a version of these...please!

No black, big razorbacks across the front, and a stripe on the side.

akp4105

how bout these.. with black

akp4105

Quote from: Cooper on March 13, 2009, 05:51:47 pm
I swear, it seems that season we wore a different jersey every other game.

To start the season we wore the ones that look like the ones we wear right now.. then we started wearing the ones with red stripe down the leg then the ones with red and black down the leg during the SEC tourney.. then in the NCAA we wore the red stripe ones.. from what i remember

josh_sec33

Anyone else think the black (with blue accent) that Kentucky wore today are god awful ugly?

I hate UK like anyone else, but you don't completely change UK's jersey... just like you wouldn't slap black on UNC's baby blue.

As for Arkansas's.. I'm with Iceman.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hei5manhog

Did we play this year? I'm glad Cooper is back
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

JoePaul03

They're sitting at about 112 on mine
WCOB, 2003

jfred59

It dont matter what the uni's look like, if you dont have the players you can wear Laker uni's and still be bad

Smokehouse

I'm interested in what items are less important than uniforms on your list.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 13, 2009, 09:10:30 pm
I'm interested in what items are less important than uniforms on your list.

What Stephen Cox eats for breakfast.

dddollars

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 13, 2009, 02:57:24 pm

I feel the same way no matter what are recored they look like  :puke:

hawgsav1

Smokehouse

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 13, 2009, 09:42:37 pm
What Stephen Cox eats for breakfast.

Cox's breakfast is vitally important to the performance of the team. I think his switch from Frosted Flakes to Fruit Loops after the Texas game really threw off the team's chemistry.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 13, 2009, 10:56:06 pm
Cox's breakfast is vitally important to the performance of the team. I think his switch from Frosted Flakes to Fruit Loops after the Texas game really threw off the team's chemistry.

Maybe Tiger Woods delivered some wrath onto him for not eating Wheaties...

JoePaul03

FWIW, I like our unis...Simple, clean, sticks to school colors and a traditional design. They're much better than the abortion of a uniform UK has been wearing this year, and much better than some of the crap I've seen while watching the Big East Tournament over the past few days.
WCOB, 2003

HogK

I'd like to share a story that will, once and for all, clear up the much-discussed Hogville issue of uniforms for football and basketball:

When I was in the third grade, we had a track and field day at our school.  I was placed on the Red team.  We were told to wear a red shirt.  My momma took one of my old whitey-tighty, fruit-of-the-loom t-shirts and dyed it red with the RIT clothing dye that she bought down at the Dixie Dandy.  That worked real well.  Left a little pinkish stain on my skin after I took it off.  But that washed off after a week or so.

There, now don't we all feel better?

PennaHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 13, 2009, 04:26:44 pm

The 1994 Uniforms were easily the coolest of all....the again...we won a national championship that year.   ;)

WPS GHG
:razorback:
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

heathtits

I don't give a damn about our Unis but I do miss the Hog jumping through the A logo on the bottom of those 94 shorts.

woodhog14

Quote from: heathtits on March 14, 2009, 10:38:04 am
I don't give a damn about our Unis but I do miss the Hog jumping through the A logo on the bottom of those 94 shorts.

I sure don't...the hog we have is perfect! The helmet Hog!

Smokehouse

Quote from: heathtits on March 14, 2009, 10:38:04 am

I do miss the Hog going through the A and the slobberin' Hog. I don't think it would absolutely destroy our marketing to occasionally use a hog other than the helmet hog (as long as it's not popcorn hog.)

H&D

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 13, 2009, 04:26:44 pm

I've been playing NCAA Basketball 09 this weekend and that is the uniform I use every game.  Best looking uniform we have ever had and if we go back to it nobody can say it's not traditional, it's the only one we have ever won a title in.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

JoePaul03

R.I.P. "Hog jumping thru the A"...That was always my second favorite logo after "helmet hog"
WCOB, 2003