Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Virginia Tech just got jobbed by refs & UNC

Started by midwestcityhog, March 13, 2009, 01:04:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

midwestcityhog

had the lead most of the 2nd half, some bs calls allowed precious moments hansborough to go to the FT line.

last play: vt ball, hansborough TRYING to foul intentionally (Unc still had several fouls to give, imagine that), and isntead of calling a foul on hansborough they called a "jump" ball.  the replay showed hansborough was either fouling or bear hugging VTech.

what a joke.  cant stand that kid and feel bad for vtech getting left out of the dance again...

zebra

Yeah, I totally agree.

Could you read the lips of the VT coach?  Besides dropping off the F word continually, he said "do you not have the balls to call a foul on him?"

ruarealhogfan

2nd half was ridiculous...Going into last minute UNC had 3 fouls, VT had 9

midwestcityhog

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 13, 2009, 01:09:35 pm
2nd half was ridiculous...Going into last minute UNC had 3 fouls, VT had 9

yup

i actually think VTech gets in the NCAA     theyve been so close the last 2 years and everyone thinks they got robbed last year.  i bet they get in as a pity rule.

tiber

Hansbrough will get man-handled by someone if they end up anywhere but an east-coast bracket.

Sadly that's not likely to happen.

Wild Bill Hog

NC and Duke almost always get in regionals at some location in NC (Greensboro, Charlotte, etc.) or very close.  Last year NC lost the first game they had to play outside the borders of NC.  Same thing with Duke a lot of years.

WMHawgfan

Yeah its annoying how he can go inside and flail his arms and get a foul called everytime and be allowed to mug someone on the other end with no call.

Watched the Duke game last weekend and about died. NC was inbounding the ball on the Duke baseline and they threw a lob to TH and the defender swatted it out of bounds. The ball never touched Tylers hands and they call a 2 shot foul.

JoePaul03

Quote from: tiber on March 13, 2009, 01:33:26 pm
Hansbrough will get man-handled by someone if they end up anywhere but an east-coast bracket.

Sadly that's not likely to happen.

At some point I hope and pray UNC gets matched up with Pitt so DeJuan Blair can destroy Hansbrough so thoroughly that we don't have to hear his name spoken lovingly by everyone at ACC-SPN ever again. (I'm looking at you, Dickie V.)
WCOB, 2003

jfred59

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 13, 2009, 01:38:43 pm
NC and Duke almost always get in regionals at some location in NC (Greensboro, Charlotte, etc.) or very close.  Last year NC lost the first game they had to play outside the borders of NC.  Same thing with Duke a lot of years.

It's called that the NCAA is ruled by gamblers and criminals who will make sure certain folks, high betters get taken care of

Smokehouse

Hope he enjoys getting the opposite end of the spectrum in the NBA when their established stars like Lebron bowl him over for a no-call.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.