Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Club reshafting

Started by GolfNut57, May 04, 2017, 01:07:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

I have a older model Titleist 3W that has a steel shaft in it.  Is it possible to put a graphite shaft in it? Or is there a difference in the shaft tip diameters going from a steel shaft to a graphite shaft that makes that impossible. No idea what the flex is in the steel shaft but I would like to put a Sr flex graphite in the club. I figure there is no such thing as a Sr flex in a steel shaft.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

cc

Yes you can get an "A" flex or Sr. flex in steel.  Probably a .335 hosel and many options are available in Sr. flex.  Most club fitters will know and can give you options.  Probably run 15-20$ to pull the shaft that's in it and $25-300 for a new shaft.  So unless you are in love with the club, update to a 2 yr old one on eBay for $25-$100. 

Wooderson

You can certainly put a graphite shaft in this club but more than likely you will need to add a bit of head weight. A steel shaft will be a bit heavier than the graphite so swing weight would be light unless you went over length.
Give me liberty, or give me death!