Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Mike Anderson win Coach of the year

Started by jdunhog, March 04, 2016, 09:26:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Yeah 500 record because you suck at recruiting, should earn you COY every year! That sounds like the recipe!

Justifiable Hogicide

HogBreath

Coach of the year??  Definately a no!

Bear rassler of the year?   Now that is a real possibility.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on March 04, 2016, 03:54:43 pm
If that is your qualification for good coaching you might as well call the award the Most Returning Talent award. Miss St. is 13-16 led by three seniors (Ware, Sword, Thomas) who have played a ton of minutes over the past four years.  Throw in Newman who possibly leaves and they will likely be pretty terrible next year.

Nope, regarding them likely being pretty terrible next year.  Howland is bringing in six 4 Star ranked players for next season.  Four of the six are Top 100 players, and two of the six are Top 50 players.

Porked Tongue

Pork Twain

Quote from: Redbug on March 05, 2016, 07:14:08 pm
JUCO's buddy....TOP Juco's...mature, developed, ready to step in and STAR...none of this underdeveloped, immature, hit the wall high school freshman hit or miss....JUCO's....it's the wave of the future...
That's not how this works, that;s not how any of this works
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Breems

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 05, 2016, 07:32:45 pm
Kennedy with Anderson a distant last with zero votes.

Kennedy took a program with little to no history and in only 5 years he has knocked the Kentucky machine off the top of the SEC. Mike will never, and I repeat NEVER, win an SEC title here. Not if he stays 10,15, or 20 years.

Mike will likely end the season at .500. Gee what an accomplishment.

Mike would've challenged UK in 4 years had UK not had a superhuman, historic team.

Little to no history, but hadn't they made the Big Dance six straight times before Kennedy?

Definitely deserving of COY. Those Texas recruiting grounds will keep them in play for a while.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pork Twain

Mike cannot even challenge middle of the pack teams, no way he challenges Kentucky
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Breems

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 07, 2016, 09:04:45 am
Mike cannot even challenge middle of the pack teams, no way he challenges Kentucky

WE CHALLENGED LAST YEAR.

BUUUUUURN.

(except it wasn't really a challenge cuz they were historic, but still burn)

wheelspigharvey

Lots of Silky Johnsons in this thread after the SC game

Pork Twain

I give them props when they win but I will remain unhappy until this ship is righted.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 07, 2016, 02:21:10 pm
I give them props when they win but I will remain unhappy until this ship is righted.

I think some folks appear to take pleasure in making jokes when the chips are down. To them it's probably just letting off steam, sometimes it comes off mean-spirited.  *cough cough Redbug**

I don't know if we can overcome physical mismatches against UF to extend our season, so we'll have awhile to see if the ship is righted.  If it isn't, I'll agree that Mike needs to ride off into the sunset, probably to a mid-major or struggling major.

HoopS

As predicted

Kennedy wins coach of the year.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 11:37:00 am
As predicted

Kennedy wins coach of the year.

Remind us again what year Kennedy was hired at that basketball power Texas A&M.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2016, 11:39:02 am
Remind us again what year Kennedy was hired at that basketball power Texas A&M.
same as Mike. And Mike has won more games than him in a less fertile recruiting area. Helluva good point. I may have to reconsider things.

In year 5 he has 95 wins and Mike has 102

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 11:44:15 am
same as Mike. And Mike has won more games than him in a less fertile recruiting area. Helluva good point. I may have to reconsider things.

it is especially less fertile when you cant sign a vast majority of the top in state players.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2016, 11:46:42 am
it is especially less fertile when you cant sign a vast majority of the top in state players.
and still has won almost two games more than Kennedy per season. Another good point.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 11:47:34 am
and still has won almost two games more than Kennedy per season. Another good point.

imagine what a decent recruiter and a decent game manager could do here then, instead we have what we have, "smilin Mike Anderson and his bus picking up, getting punked, losing at home to Auburn, needs a decade to turn his program around, forty fastest minutes of failure band".

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2016, 11:50:09 am
imagine what a decent recruiter and a decent game manager could do here then, instead we have what we have, "smilin Mike Anderson and his bus picking up, getting punked, losing at home to Auburn, needs a decade to turn his program around, forty fastest minutes of failure band".
decade?

What was the point about Kennedy again?

You may want to look at the state of each program when these two were hired. I'm guessing you may decide to go a different direction.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 11:52:42 am
decade?

You may want to look at the state of each program when these two were hired. I'm guessing you may decide to go a different direction.

That Kennedy comparison is getting him nowhere.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HoopS

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 08, 2016, 12:09:33 pm
That Kennedy comparison is getting him nowhere.
it is actually making Anderson look better.

Kennedy got to 13 wins in 5 seasons
MA got there in 4 seasons

Next season Kennedy will be replacing some of his scoring, not the level we replaced, but still, let's see how he stacks up. And I live in Houston, there's talent down here for him.

I think Kennedy earned it this season. Good for him.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 11:52:42 am
decade?

well Mikes going no where in year 5 ( barring a huge miracle this weekend, so there is a chance I guess ), and now people are talking about if he just gets them around the bubble next year, then 2017/18 is the put up or shut up year for him, that would be his 7th season. Then again my idea of a turnaround is making the NCAAT for several consecutive seasons, not just one in every 4 or 5.

Kennedy year 5, had his team in the top 10 at one point, is safely in the ncaat, oh yea WON THE SEC regular season too. Anderson year 5, 16-15 so far.

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2016, 12:18:43 pm
well Mikes going no where in year 5 ( barring a huge miracle this weekend, so there is a chance I guess ), and now people are talking about if he just gets them around the bubble next year, then 2017/18 is the put up or shut up year for him, that would be his 7th season. Then again my idea of a turnaround is making the NCAAT for several consecutive seasons, not just one in every 4 or 5.

Kennedy year 5, had his team in the top 10 at one point, is safely in the ncaat, oh yea WON THE SEC regular season too. Anderson year 5, 16-15 so far.
13-5 record in year 5. Like Mike did in year 4.

Spinning wheels here. Mike has more wins in the same amount of time at a school that hasn't had many good seasons recently and Kennedy took over a team that was constantly winning more than us. Bad comparison. Crunch the numbers. Really.

Who here said they hoped to be around the bubble next season? Not I. Nobody I know. NCAAT next season or bust.

Breems

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 11:44:15 am

In year 5 he has 95 wins and Mike has 102

Yeah we performed similarly to this year's A&M last year. We were unfortunately matched up against a near flawless UK team. Bad luck.

Just as we suffered from losing Portis and Qualls, Kennedy is going to suffer from losing a great group of seniors.

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on March 08, 2016, 12:42:33 pm
Yeah we performed similarly to this year's A&M last year. We were unfortunately matched up against a near flawless UK team. Bad luck.

Just as we suffered from losing Portis and Qualls, Kennedy is going to suffer from losing a great group of seniors.

how was their recruiting like the last 2 signing classes?

Breems

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 12:25:51 pm

Spinning wheels here. Mike has more wins in the same amount of time at a school that hasn't had many good seasons recently and Kennedy took over a team that was constantly winning more than us. Bad comparison. Crunch the numbers. Really.

Who here said they hoped to be around the bubble next season? Not I. Nobody I know. NCAAT next season or bust.

I believe A&M went to the tournament 6 straight times before Kennedy or something like that. That and Texas recruiting grounds help a lot.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 12:25:51 pm

I think it should be sweet 16 or bust. But I am sure if they just get in Mike gets another 5 years.

dsims2k3

Thorough it all CMA has given this program more SEC wins than any other program besides UK FLA and Ole Miss, and those include the down years. That is an accomplishment in itself, given what what occurred in the 9 season prior to his arrival.Those are FACTS not opinions from delusional fans. 
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

-Blu

I can't believed I missed this thread, it's hilarious.

Speaking of awards HoopS needs to win poster of this week for the spanking he's giving hogsanity in here.

jbcarol

SEC ‏@SEC 3h3 hours ago

2016 SEC Men's Basketball Coach of the Year:

BILLY KENNEDY, @AggieMensHoops
http://bit.ly/1Rysvwt 

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jdunhog on March 04, 2016, 09:26:43 am
if we finish 5th with 13% of scoring coming back and 0 starters.

He needs to get to the final 4 in the SEC tourney and win at least 2 Big Dance games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: dsims2k3 on March 08, 2016, 12:50:13 pm
Thorough it all CMA has given this program more SEC wins than any other program besides UK FLA and Ole Miss, and those include the down years. That is an accomplishment in itself, given what what occurred in the 9 season prior to his arrival.Those are FACTS not opinions from delusional fans. 

that just shows how pathetic the league is, and even is such a pathetic league the Hogs have ONE NCAAT appearance.

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 12:51:56 pm

Speaking of awards HoopS needs to win poster of this week for the spanking he's giving hogsanity in here.

hoop is giving nothing but the same old " Mike Anderson is the cure for all ills of the world " schtick he always gives. If The Hogs went 0-33 Hoop would still be here talking about how Mike is turning things around.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 12:51:56 pm

I agree!!!!  It's a blowout

WilsonHog

A few of y'all might want to read and heed my effort to keep you from being banned.

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2016, 03:38:40 pm
that just shows how pathetic the league is, and even is such a pathetic league the Hogs have ONE NCAAT appearance.

hoop is giving nothing but the same old " Mike Anderson is the cure for all ills of the world " schtick he always gives. If The Hogs went 0-33 Hoop would still be here talking about how Mike is turning things around.
you see what he's doing?
Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 08, 2016, 03:40:28 pm
I agree!!!!  It's a blowout
the thing is, I'm simply stating facts. Numbers. Actual results.

And for the record, I've said repeatedly that I expect at the very least a NCAAT appearance next season and most likely I won't be happy without us representing well once we are there. Now my friend hogsanity will somehow comprehend that as me saying Mike should be extended today thru 2020 and get a pass until then at which time he should be allowed to rebuild.

HoopS

Out of respect to Wilson and this board, I'm going to stop responding. I make no promise if somebody keeps coming at me.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 04:23:53 pm
you see what he's doing? the thing is, I'm simply stating facts. Numbers. Actual results.

And for the record, I've said repeatedly that I expect at the very least a NCAAT appearance next season and most likely I won't be happy without us representing well once we are there. Now my friend hogsanity will somehow comprehend that as me saying Mike should be extended today thru 2020 and get a pass until then at which time he should be allowed to rebuild.

simple FACT - In a sport that determines success on one thing and one thing only- THE NCAAT- barring a miracle in the sect the Hogs will have been to the NCAAT one time in Mike's 5 seasons here.

HoopS

-Blu

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 04:34:00 pm
Ok. We done now?

Yes, I'm starting to feel bad for him.  I think he's had enough.  This was like Diaz vs McGregor... just a plain beatdown.

hogsanity

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2016, 04:38:24 pm
Yes, I'm starting to feel bad for him.  I think he's had enough.  This was like Diaz vs McGregor... just a plain beatdown.

i fell bad for everyone who swallowed the promises 5 years ago and now can't see they were duped.

Sivad

Mike Anderson = Coach of the Year?
40 Minutes of laughing. Sadly.

Porked Tongue

Isn't the point continued pattern of success?
Isn't the point "improvement every year"?

18-16
21-12
24-7

Year 5 and he's on top.  A real top as far as conference is concerned.

HoopS

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 08, 2016, 06:33:17 pm
Isn't the point continued pattern of success?
Isn't the point "improvement every year"?

18-16
21-12
24-7

Year 5 and he's on top.  A real top as far as conference is concerned.

same pattern Mike has but reaching a high point a year earlier. Same conference standing.

Let's see how Kennedy does when he loses a couple of those studs.

Porked Tongue

Same conference standing?  When did we finish first in the regular season? 

And if he falls off as bad as Ark next year, he'll hear about it.

HoopS

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 08, 2016, 09:47:12 pm
Same conference standing?  When did we finish first in the regular season? 

And if he falls off as bad as Ark next year, he'll hear about it.

same record.  13-5

Hear about? I'm sure he will. And he will retain his job. And to this point he is averaging almost 2 fewer wins a year at a school that was averaging way more wins a year. In other words -- he took over a stronger program, is averaging fewer wins, and is safe.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HoopS on March 08, 2016, 10:02:58 pm
same record.  13-5

Hear about? I'm sure he will. And he will retain his job. And to this point he is averaging almost 2 fewer wins a year at a school that was averaging way more wins a year. In other words -- he took over a stronger program, is averaging fewer wins, and is safe.
Conference title.  There first since.......   Staying in the present tense.

Splitting hairs here.

But to be clear, I'm not basing Anderson's stature based on Kennedy's.  Just saying his high watermark is higher and in his 5th year he's not .500 

Uncommon

Billy Kennedy has 1 year over Mike and that is this year.  In the previous 4 seasons, Mike's teams have been better.