Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All SEC Team(s)

Started by chiefhawg, February 28, 2016, 06:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

What Arkansas players will make one of the All-Sec Teams?
My Vote:
Coaches Team: Moses Kingsley 1st Team. Bell 2nd Team. Hannahs and Durham Honorable Mention.
AP Team: Moses Kingsley 1st Team. Bell, Hannahs and Durham Honorable Mention.

sadhogfan

Quote from: chiefhawg on February 28, 2016, 06:34:43 pm
What Arkansas players will make one of the All-Sec Teams?
My Vote:
Coaches Team: Moses Kingsley 1st Team. Bell 2nd Team. Hannahs and Durham Honorable Mention.
AP Team: Moses Kingsley 1st Team. Bell, Hannahs and Durham Honorable Mention.

I agree that all four of these players had outstanding seasons, but I just don't see four players from a .500 team receiving recognition.

I think Kingsley will make a team, and one of Bell/Hannahs will get a mention.

I hope your prediction is right, though!

Uncommon

February 28, 2016, 10:07:10 pm #2 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:25:29 pm by Uncommon
Our Big 3 will get accolades for sure.  I think Moses gets on the 1st team because he is one of the top two big men in the SEC.  Pretty amazing to have that in 2 consecutive seasons after Bobby Portis left for the NBA early.  The other being Ben Simmons.  Hannahs and Bell are definitely prime candidates for 2nd and 3rd team.

1st team Moses Kingsley
2nd team Dusty Hannahs
3rd team/Honorable Mention Anthlon Bell

batmanfan

Are these 5 player teams or like the 8-9 player teams they have done in the past?  You have to figure Simmons, Ulis, Obasahan, and Murrary are sure bets. Then you got guys like King, DFS, Jones/House, Baldwin, Damion Jones, Kevin Punter. Michael Carrera.  Moody.

But I think he'll at least get on some team.

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

jbcarol

http://www.secsports.com/article/14925031/2016-sec-men-basketball-awards-announced

QuoteSoutheastern Conference unveiled its men's basketball coaches' postseason awards Tuesday

Second Team All-SEC
Moses Kingsley, Arkansas - F, 6-10, 230, Jr., Abuja, Nigeria

SEC All-Defensive Team
Retin Obasohan, Alabama - G, 6-2, 210, Sr., Antwerp, Belgium
Moses Kingsley, Arkansas - F, 6-10, 230, Jr., Abuja, Nigeria
Tyler Ulis, Kentucky - G, 5-9, 160, So., Chicago, Ill.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

wheelspigharvey

I guess Durham didn't score enough to get more love.  I loved what we did have on this team, I think Durham was my favorite this year. Hope we can extend the season for him and Bell.

Uncommon

What a bunch of crap.  Moses was EASILY the best big man outside of Simmons this season.

sadhogfan

Quote from: Uncommon on March 08, 2016, 03:21:33 pm
What a bunch of crap.  Moses was EASILY the best big man outside of Simmons this season.

I think it is lame that guys like Carrera and Jones made it ahead of Kingsley. I also thought Bell and/or Hannahs might get a mention from someone. But 16-15 teams don't get a lot of love.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Uncommon on March 08, 2016, 03:21:33 pm

Yeah this is dumb. Very impressive stats for a big guy. Not much worse than BPs last year and he won POY