Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sam Pittman

Started by pigbacon, October 22, 2017, 10:34:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 01:44:12 pm
Who knows how those guys would have developed if Pittman was coaching them. Doubt they would have been jumped over by Clary. Heck - Gibson (one of our most dependable linemen) had to go into Bielema's office and beg and plead for the opportunity to play.

He coached Merrick and Wallace.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 01:44:12 pm
Who knows how those guys would have developed if Pittman was coaching them. Doubt they would have been jumped over by Clary. Heck - Gibson (one of our most dependable linemen) had to go into Bielema's office and beg and plead for the opportunity to play.

Beg and plead huh? Methinks you may be falling victim to hyperbole Hoglady

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2017, 01:06:37 pm
As far as the guys on the bench it's pretty clear that we decided to do something different than what we recruited them to do. Wallace and Merrick signed on to be road graders. We don't road grade any more unfortunately.

Correct.  We switched gears with the Enos hire.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 22, 2017, 01:50:08 pm
Correct.  We switched gears with the Enos hire.

Which I think was a good move actually. But the OL schemes needed some transition time to get new players. Changing all at once has been a disaster.

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2017, 01:51:05 pm
Which I think was a good move actually. But the OL schemes needed some transition time to get new players. Changing all at once has been a disaster.

This is Enos' 3rd season.

It's not a changing the scheme too fast problem, it's a recruiting and development problem. Changing schemes can't be a 5 year install.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

PorkRinds

Quote from: thebignasty on October 22, 2017, 02:01:27 pm
This is Enos' 3rd season.

It's not a changing the scheme too fast problem, it's a recruiting and development problem. Changing schemes can't be a 5 year install.

The guys they recruited for enos' pass happy system are all freshmen. It's why you see Clary getting to play instead of Merrick or Rogers. Linemen shouldn't be on the field until their redshirt sophomore season after at least 2-3 years of development. They guys that should be developed and playing right now are square pegs. And it means we are terrible. These coaches should have come up with a better transition to bridge the gap.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2017, 02:28:33 pm
The guys they recruited for enos' pass happy system are all freshmen. It's why you see Clary getting to play instead of Merrick or Rogers. Linemen shouldn't be on the field until their redshirt sophomore season after at least 2-3 years of development. They guys that should be developed and playing right now are square pegs. And it means we are terrible. These coaches should have come up with a better transition to bridge the gap.

Just like Skipper and Kirkland were put in their freshman year because they were maulers for Pittman, they holdovers were more pass oriented. The OL play has been the biggest disappointment this season, which I realize isn't any great revelation.

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2017, 02:28:33 pm

We can't run, either.  I don't think we could be successful in hardly any scheme with this line.
But they win

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on October 22, 2017, 03:04:32 pm
We can't run, either.  I don't think we could be successful in hardly any scheme with this line.

We hold well......

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 10:38:11 am
For what he is? Petty? Can you elaborate? I can't wait until we fire him but why the uninformed character assassination?

It's not uninformed. It's imagination, assumption and frustration with how truly powerless they are.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

thebignasty

But they win

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 22, 2017, 12:48:04 pm
PR and  Ex-trumpet

Y'all still haven't answered my question

Who does the buck stop with for the hires and player evaluation?

Seriously?  CBB should have been gone after the collapses last year.  His unwillingness to get rid of Anderson is a head scratcher.

I just called some folks out for stating their opinions as facts.  Doesn't mean their wrong, just not necessarily facts.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 22, 2017, 12:48:04 pm
PR and  Ex-trumpet

Y'all still haven't answered my question

Who does the buck stop with for the hires and player evaluation?

The head coach. Never claimed any different.

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on October 22, 2017, 03:15:25 pm
We know how to false start.

As I saw in a tweet at the game, RayRay thinks Ramirez false starts too much....

hog.goblin

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 22, 2017, 03:20:22 pm
Seriously?  CBB should have been gone after the collapses last year.  His unwillingness to get rid of Anderson is a head scratcher.

I just called some folks out for stating their opinions as facts.  Doesn't mean their wrong, just not necessarily facts.

Just because you don't believe a fact doesn't mean it is an opinion

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 22, 2017, 03:37:35 pm
Just because you don't believe a fact doesn't mean it is an opinion

I would phrase it , just because it is an opinion doesn't mean it's wrong!

But without any evidence our opinions are just that (and they may be true).
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hog.goblin

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 22, 2017, 04:48:09 pm
I would phrase it , just because it is an opinion doesn't mean it's wrong!

But without any evidence our opinions are just that (and they may be true).

I watched the Bears beat the Panthers today.  I was home alone so there is no evidence that I watched.  It still remains a fact.

Not everything can or even should be corroborated, though it's helpful in a murder trial...