Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve Sarkisian?

Started by checkraiser88, October 22, 2017, 03:27:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

I know he had an alcohol problem for a bit but he's an Offensive guru. I think it would be a good fit. He's got a good resume. He's currently the OC for the Atlanta Falcons. Thoughts?

rtr

No way, I would take Lane Kiffin before Sarkisian.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Augustus

We've tried the "hire the offensive guru from the Atlanta Falcons" experiment. It clearly didn't turn out well.

Smalltownhog95

How about we try and find a quality coach that wont show up for the press conference drunk?
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

checkraiser88

He got help, that won't happen again

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 03:27:56 pm
I know he had an alcohol problem for a bit but he's an Offensive guru. I think it would be a good fit. He's got a good resume. He's currently the OC for the Atlanta Falcons. Thoughts?

Falcons offense has cost them games this season.  Sark was awful for Bama in the NCG.  No.  He may retread as a head coach at San Jose St or Cal Davis someday. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Augustus on October 22, 2017, 03:29:52 pm
We've tried the "hire the offensive guru from the Atlanta Falcons" experiment. It clearly didn't turn out well.

Show me one football play where it didn't work out... I'm pretty sure there's not a class in Atlanta where they teach men to ride recklessly on their choppers while towing long legged ex-volleyball players.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HawgPound

No. No more baggage coaches. Those couple of years of success was not worth the aftermath.

NationalChamps2017

I don't know a whole lot about him, but for some reason I'm drawn to Mike Bobo.

farmhawg

Trade one drunk for another? No thanks.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Augustus

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 03:32:46 pm
He got help, that won't happen again

You clearly don't have any experience with family members who have become addicted to alcohol & pills, and have only been to rehab once and "got help"

hawgdavis

Quote from: NationalChamps2017 on October 22, 2017, 04:29:31 pm
I don't know a whole lot about him, but for some reason I'm drawn to Mike Bobo.

This, he did a real good job at Georgia and cutting his teeth now at CST I think he's a real viable candidate

31to6

Quote from: rtr on October 22, 2017, 03:29:45 pm
No way, I would take Lane Kiffin before Sarkisian.
No doubt. I'd rather have Tosh.0 with a chip on his shoulder than a trainwreck with a bottle in his hand.

Lane is a narcissist, but at least he is a great offensive mind that seems driven to succeed.

LumberBacks

He's not gonna be the guy that many mama's will want to entrust their kid.

LumberBacks

He's not gonna be the guy that many mama's will want to entrust their kid.

twistitup

We don't need 2 drunk coaches in a row.

No

Hell NO
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hou-Hog

Quote from: Augustus on October 22, 2017, 03:29:52 pm
it actually was one of the more successful period in recent years.  It did not end well but that is a different issue

Qui Gon Jinn

Did not impress at Bama for his short time.  Don't think he's ready for having a team of his own yet.  Don't want to experiment here to find out.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

thebignasty

I think you've had almost as much as Steve
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

SooieGeneris

That "offensive guru" has so far turned the most potent offense in the NFL last season into a team that was shut out in the 2nd half vs the mediocre Miami Dolphins... No thanks!
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

770john111

Vantage 8 dude

Might as well. He couldn't drive me to drink any more than our current HC.

Lets find a new young Guy who is like our Freshmen Players, one who doesn't know how impossible the job is, who is proud to be a HC for a P5 SEC team with rabid fans and decent facilities and pays decent.  An energetic person who wants to be known as at top 10 HC someday.  No retreads, or great has beens or overpaid car salesmen.

HogTakes

What are the odds we could get him as OC, though? can't imagine he stays in the NFL...

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HogTakes on October 22, 2017, 09:54:14 pm
What are the odds we could get him as OC, though? can't imagine he stays in the NFL...

Have you watched the Falcons this year?

No thanks.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 03:33:17 pm
Falcons offense has cost them games this season.  Sark was awful for Bama in the NCG.  No.  He may retread as a head coach at San Jose St or Cal Davis someday.

And his play calling cost them the super bowl.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Pork Twain

No such thing as "having" an alcohol problem, he has one.  See our past drunk basketball coach
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

rwspear

I know he had an alcohol problem for a bit...

I'm not sure you understand how alcoholism works.

secfan30

arkfan81

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 10:00:51 pm

Ahh, that would be the guy in San Francisco.. not sark
Have faith...

SiriusHog™

Um. Sark wasnt the Falcons OC last year...

HogTakes

Woof. Let's make legitimate points as to why we don't like Sark or Kiffin.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HoggyCat

Quote from: arkfan81 on October 22, 2017, 10:41:46 pm
Ahh, that would be the guy in San Francisco.. not sark

Oh yeah, Shannahan. Bert has me all effed up. 😂😂 Sark took over afterward.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ChicoHog

Sark is similar to Kiffin in that he is a really good recruiter, something we need desperately.  I don't think he is a good coach regarding strategy, organization, prep, etc.,  His talent at SC was very good but he just couldn't put it together.  Similar at UW.  Maybe the alcohol issue was the problem.  I don't know but I would not take a chance on him. 

Pig in the Pokey

Sark has RUINED Atlanta, lost the only game he coached at BAMA (how is that possible?), and is a drunken, lecherous, pill popping [CENSORED]. HELL NO.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

arkfan81

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 22, 2017, 11:35:33 pm
Sark has RUINED Atlanta, lost the only game he coached at BAMA (how is that possible?), and is a drunken, lecherous, pill popping [CENSORED]. HELL NO.

Lol, so we'll just take your vote as a no..
Have faith...

Slater

A guy who hardly tore it up at both Washington and USC would not win at an acceptable rate at Arkansas.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Bonehog

I would crawl to Arkansas if the offered it to me!  No thanks Sark.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

JethroB.

Quote from: 12247 on October 22, 2017, 09:02:27 pm
Lets find a new young Guy who is like our Freshmen Players, one who doesn't know how impossible the job is, who is proud to be a HC for a P5 SEC team with rabid fans and decent facilities and pays decent.  An energetic person who wants to be known as at top 10 HC someday.  No retreads, or great has beens or overpaid car salesmen.

I like this idea....give the guy a decent salary (a couple million or whatever) with the option for more based on incentives. If he blows up we saved money and if he does well he's earned himself a good raise.