Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (15-8, 4-6) vs South Carolina (13-10, 4-6)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 06, 2018, 05:30:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

c-townfan

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 06, 2018, 06:48:19 pm
My problem with the officials is them being inconsistent on calls.  One time down they call a quick foul when the Hogs try to trap.  A couple of minutes later it looks like a rugby scrum in the lane and no whistles.  That has to make it tough for the players to adjust.

Not to mention them calling fouls when they are holding the ball. The hand is an extension of the ball. As long as the arm isn't touched, by rule, it is not a foul.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Ironhawg

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Ironhawg

Letsroll1200

Mike has finally decided to play Gabe. Good job! Now if Anderson would just stop playing Cook.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

40MINSOFHELL

Dr. Starcs

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

40MINSOFHELL

Letsroll1200

Ironhawg

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Of course they DONT go to the monitor this time. The officiating this year has been extremely inconsistent
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Anyone else think Frank Martin looks like Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean)?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogmolar

la20688

Nice to be leading at halftime. Seems like it's been forever and a day.

Letsroll1200

Dr. Starcs

Cma showing off his coaching prowess using a timeout there to run a ball screen for barford to jack up a contested 3. Something that every other coach in the country could've called from the bench. Lol

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Dirty on February 06, 2018, 06:57:52 pm
That was not a foul

How bout you don't put yourself in that position with freaking 10 seconds  left in the half 45 feet away from the basket.

TebowHater

Time out to run an iso 1 on 1 step back 3. That is the culmination of MA. I wonder if the assts are also as dumb or if he just doesn't let them talk / doesn't empower them

sshawg

Quote from: hogmolar on February 06, 2018, 06:59:07 pm
Wow that play out of a timeout.

Just what I was thinking.  They called time out to set that play up :-)

Etowah

Surely the players did not run what they called a time out to run?

Did we really need a time out to get that shot?

I am a half empty fan...but opportunities like that where we did not even give ourselves a chance to stretch the lead could come back to haunt.

Razorbacks#1

Razorbacks Scoring:

Barford - 15
Macon - 10
Gafford - 5
Jones - 4
Beard - 4
Hall - 3
Thompson - 2

THUNDER!

elksnort

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on February 06, 2018, 07:00:35 pm
Well, Dustin Thomas had as many minutes in the first half as JT Plummer did, and Gabe played more minutes than he has in all other SEC games combined.
At least Mike is trying to mix it up some.

c-townfan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 06, 2018, 07:00:05 pm
I'll take a five point lead but we left alot out there

I disagree. I'll take 43 at half all day. Difference is they should not have 38 points. It should be 43 to 33.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 06, 2018, 07:00:30 pm
Cma showing off his coaching prowess using a timeout there to run a ball screen for barford to jack up a contested 3. Something that every other coach in the country could've called from the bench. Lol
He is beyond bad

elksnort

cardsNhogs

c-townfan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 06, 2018, 07:00:30 pm

You honestly think he set up a ball screen and told barford to jack up that 3? Hell no. You people baffle me.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: c-townfan on February 06, 2018, 07:07:12 pm
You honestly think he set up a ball screen and told barford to jack up that 3? Hell no. You people baffle me.

Actually he probably didn't tell them anything at all...

Dr. Starcs

Aykm?!  So you think they blatantly disregarded his play call?  Who does that reflect on?

Dirty

rljjr

Yes. Yes I do. Here's how it went. "Barf has the hot hand, get him the ball, spread out and let him go one-on-one. Barf, if you can take him to the rack do it, but if you take a 3 make sure there's not any time left for a rebound and 94 foot shot."

UAGolfer1981

It may just be me, but whenever the ball comes to Barford he goes into dibble iso-mode.  Great example on the play to end the half.  Nobody moves because they all know he is jacking it up. 

On the plus side, I thought Macon had a strong 1H.

cardsNhogs

He really has the respect of his players if he tells them one thing and they do another.. But yeah I figure that's what he drew up

c-townfan

Quote from: rljjr on February 06, 2018, 07:09:24 pm
Yes. Yes I do. Here's how it went. "Barf has the hot hand, get him the ball, spread out and let him go one-on-one. Barf, if you can take him to the rack do it, but if you take a 3 make sure there's not any time left for a rebound and 94 foot shot."

He said all of that minus if you take a 3. He told him to take the shot one on one. Period.

You people just spew hate. It's old. Yes Mike is very flawed but he didn't call that crap. So get over yourselfs.

HoGs1031

rljjr

Quote from: c-townfan on February 06, 2018, 07:11:28 pm
He said all of that minus if you take a 3. He told him to take the shot one on one. Period.

You people just spew hate. It's old. Yes Mike is very flawed but he didn't call that crap. So get over yourselfs.

Well now you're just contradicting yourself.

la20688

Quote from: UAGolfer1981 on February 06, 2018, 07:10:00 pm
It may just be me, but whenever the ball comes to Barford he goes into dibble iso-mode.  Great example on the play to end the half.  Nobody moves because they all know he is jacking it up.
Well....that is what you're supposed to do in "iso-mode".

elksnort

Folks, we got to win this game.

Or this season is toast.

Better hope the ISO works.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!