Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damontrae Jefferson question for RazorAg or anyone who may know...

Started by ballinhog, February 14, 2015, 12:27:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinhog

Any idea if our staff has any interest in him? I doubt we take a PG in this class but if so I guarantee this kid alone would sell tickets. He's very undersized, listed at 5-7. If you haven't already, go look up his highlights. Kid is full of confidence and I would love to see him wear a Razorback jersey. Very exciting to watch

mhuff

Quote from: ballinhog on February 14, 2015, 12:27:08 pm
Any idea if our staff has any interest in him? I doubt we take a PG in this class but if so I guarantee this kid alone would sell tickets. He's very undersized, listed at 5-7. If you haven't already, go look up his highlights. Kid is full of confidence and I would love to see him wear a Razorback jersey. Very exciting to watch

Where is he from?

ballinhog

Quote from: mhuff on February 14, 2015, 12:36:45 pm
Where is he from?

I think he's going to Prep school in Rock Hill, SC but 247 says he's originally from Milwaukee

ballinhog

Doesn't have a lot of big offers right now. I think Ole Miss is on him, not sure how hard theyre after him tho. If we offered im sure we would be a favorite immediately. Has a composite rating of 90 and 247 rates him a 93, I think lol too lazy to go back and recheck

The_Iceman

Just watched his video. He looks like a fun player. Would be great in an up and down system.

ballinhog

Wish we would make room for him somehow. He could be one of those 6-8 assists a game type of guy.

ricepig

Quote from: ballinhog on February 14, 2015, 02:45:36 pm
Wish we would make room for him somehow. He could be one of those 6-8 assists a game type of guy.

There's a 5'10" kid that's playing for Lehigh he could have had, I think leading the nation in assists for a freshman.

ballinhog

And for me personally his height doesn't bother me at all. I think it actually helps him have that dog mentality and puts a chip on his shoulder that he will carry forever. Just look at Tyler Ullis for Kentucky, he's listed at 5-9 and there's been times where he's looked like the best player on that team full of 6-11 guys

ballinhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2015, 02:49:15 pm
There's a 5'10" kid that's playing for Lehigh he could have had, I think leading the nation in assists for a freshman.

Is that the kid from Arkansas? Kahron Ross? If so then I remember him being a guy that I really wanted. When it comes to point guards ive never been concerned about height. Anywhere from the 2 thru the 5 spots I think height does matter, esp with our system with the pressing and trapping we need the length. But at the 1, I'll take the under 6-0 guys all day long. I wanted Ross over Durham

ricepig

Quote from: ballinhog on February 14, 2015, 02:54:33 pm
Is that the kid from Arkansas? Kahron Ross? If so then I remember him being a guy that I really wanted. When it comes to point guards ive never been concerned about height. Anywhere from the 2 thru the 5 spots I think height does matter, esp with our system with the pressing and trapping we need the length. But at the 1, I'll take the under 6-0 guys all day long. I wanted Ross over Durham

Yep, he's doing well at Lehigh. I thought he would have done well in Mike's system, but I'm a homer from Jonesboro, haha.

ballinhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2015, 02:56:48 pm
Yep, he's doing well at Lehigh. I thought he would have done well in Mike's system, but I'm a homer from Jonesboro, haha.

I remember watching his video and I knew right then he could play here

I love keeping up with basketball recruiting so I always have my own opinion of who we should offer and who we shouldn't lol I sometimes think I enjoy keeping up with recruiting just as much as I enjoy the games