Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kapita to the Hogs

Started by ricepig, February 12, 2015, 06:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

What will the haters do now?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

forrest city joe

Basketball recruiting is going great right now. GO HOGS.

HawgnCorona

Welcome aboard Mr Kapita...

"His desire stands out," said future Vanderbilt forward Joseph Toye, via Gearhart. "He was the one leading us. He's really strong. He has the ability to outdo defenders with his strength."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330250-ted-kapita-to-arkansas-razorbacks-land-4-star-pf-prospect
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hawgzinbowlz

Smooth and ambidextrous. TK looks like he'll help us continue to improve.

Mike just got better and BWA visits also got better.

" GO HOGS "

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Sorry Joe but we disagree on Thompson. Him not redshirting put him a yr or two behind.

Tim

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 07:58:10 pm
Wrong! Trey Tompson has outstanding skills. he can shoot it and pass it. he is going to be a good player before he leaves here.
No he's not.  I bet he ends up at A State or UALR. 

COCHISE

Any idea on how many guys we are planning on signing in this class? I'm assuming part of it depends on what Portis and Qualls decide to do?

ArmyOfnobunaga

Cant say it enough... BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 12, 2015, 07:13:57 pm
It would be nice if we would tell someone such as Durham to move along and go get Allen but thats not going to happen. Kapita is a great pickup though. Honestly didnt think Mike had it in him

This is my hope- replacing Durham with Allen.  APR is fine now- can't afford to keep ur misses

Kapita- wow!!  Huge and unexpected!!

ArmyOfnobunaga

I never voiced my one concern with mike here or at the joke of 247... I don't believe in posting an opinion  with out a trend or facts to substantiate it....

but today mike destroyed my inner concern.

Hogs basketball is alive folks and its a metamorphosing mean critter.

I promise you.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 12, 2015, 07:13:57 pm
It would be nice if we would tell someone such as Durham to move along and go get Allen but thats not going to happen. Kapita is a great pickup though. Honestly didnt think Mike had it in him

They've already informed Allen that they would make room for him if he were to ever decide to de-comitt. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 12, 2015, 09:11:22 pm
They've already informed Allen that they would make room for him if he were to ever decide to de-comitt. 

How recent or not recent was this?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 12, 2015, 08:07:38 pm
Sorry Joe but we disagree on Thompson. Him not redshirting put him a yr or two behind.

Believe it or not Thompson is one of the best passers on the team....they didn't redshirt him because he oozes potential just like 2Star Quarles did but needs to be developed.   Their is a reason Billy Donavan was all over him his Jr/Sr yr in High School.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

3kgthog

Quote from: Tim on February 12, 2015, 08:14:15 pm

Agreed. He's Devonta Abron.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 12, 2015, 09:19:47 pm
Agreed. He's Devonta Abron.

Abron looked like he would have been a stud DE.

hawgmasta

Wow. This was one I really didn't know if we had a legitimate shot. Whitt and Kapita were pretty much everyone's wish list and we got both. I've had my doubts before because it has been said CMA is not the strongest recruiter; I think this year he put that to rest z

forrest city joe

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 12, 2015, 08:07:38 pm
You are right, we do disagree. Trey will be a good player. just wait and see. and it won't take 2 years. he will help a lot starting nest year.

RICKHOGHEAD

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 12, 2015, 09:11:22 pm
+1000. he could be a Razorback, if he wanted to be one. and if he wants to be a Hog, he needs to De-commit now.and tell Mike he wants to be a Razorback.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 09:53:49 pm
+1000. he could be a Razorback, if he wanted to be one. and if he wants to be a Hog, he needs to De-commit now.and tell Mike he wants to be a Razorback.

Kapita is big joe... ll the rest is gravy imo.

The nice thing about guys like Kapita is that will usually be 3 year players... which we need.

And in which championships come from.

one and 2 and dones never really center the leadership of a championship team.

SwineGrind

Just so I am not confused.....Malik Monk is a 2016 recruit?

BentonvilleJeff

He's exactly what we needed!

Break & Run

The Allen ship has sailed. He posted a pic of him in gator gear or whatever right after the hogs got shafted at Florida. Added this: 🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗<<<<<🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊      😂😂😂😂😂
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ballinhog

forrest city joe

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 12, 2015, 09:57:37 pm
Kapita is big joe... ll the rest is gravy imo.

The nice thing about guys like Kapita is that will usually be 3 year players... which we need.

And in which championships come from.

one and 2 and dones never really center the leadership of a championship team.

Agreed. but this guy is really good. don't know if we can keep him 3 years. but i will take 2 good years. this is Big.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 10:36:01 pm
Agreed. but this guy is really good. don't know if we can keep him 3 years. but i will take 2 good years. this is Big.

You might be right... been looking at his tapes the last hour.. he really might be a 2 and gone.

We just need to keep the team full of the kingsleys that are a backbone.

RazorPiggie

Wow. Kudos to the coaching staff. Didn't think they could pull this off.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Break & Run on February 12, 2015, 06:25:51 pm
Kapita with Kingsley... now we just need another K...

LOL

Can we find a Mr. KrashDeboards?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HognitiveDissonance

Huge news. Just what was needed. Got a great guard and great forward.

Now we got two Top 100 recruits just like those other SEC teams they flashed on the graphic the other night. We'll be fine.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 12, 2015, 11:22:54 pm
Can we find a Mr. KrashDeboards?

Apparently Kapita is Mr. KrashDeboards.

razorbackfanatic

This is great news!! I was extremely worried about our team next year if Portis decides to leave, now I feel much better. This guy reminds me of a Derek Hood type athletic big man. I'm seeing he's listed at 6'9" and 6'10" on one video I watched. Hood was 6'8". If Portis stays we are going to be stacked next season! Kapita and Whitt are two very nice additions!

Edit: I saw 247 has him at 6'8.5" so he'll probably be listed at 6'9" in college plus he could still grow. Looks like our front court could be ran by a couple 6'9" twin towers(Kingsley, Kapita) from Africa for the next couple years!!

UltimateHog

Just hope he can get healthy. May need a redshirt.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Hogz87

I knew we were "on" Kapita but I wasn't really ever aware of our chances with him.  Was this a surprise?  Or was he one that most thought we had a legit chance at getting all along?

razorbackfanatic

The_Iceman

Potosihog

Yesterday I was traveling and had stopped at a restaurant.  My phone starts buzzing with twitter activity so I check it thinking maybe it was something on the football front.  When I read about the commitment I was blown away.

Big Get!!!

Welcome to the hogs

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 13, 2015, 04:21:14 am
Is he hurt?

He has a pinched nerve in his hip. Could be wrong but I don't think it will be a problem next year.

Pork Twain

For the most part, redshirting basketball players is a waste.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Scott7703

Quote from: Tim on February 12, 2015, 08:14:15 pm

I feel much better about Thompson than Durham or miles. Thompson hasn't looked bad in his limited minutes. He has bigtime upside in my opinion.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 13, 2015, 08:15:52 am
I feel much better about Thompson than Durham or miles. Thompson hasn't looked bad in his limited minutes. He has bigtime upside in my opinion.

Thompson has already taken the big step of getting his body ready for the SEC and Mike's system. The fat is down, now he just needs to add on muscle.

His passing and shooting are pretty good for a guy his size. He just needs to get some of his high school habits worked out.

The_Iceman

Scout:
http://arkansas.scout.com/topic/players?team=%22Arkansas%22&minimumInterest=%22SoftVerbal%22&category=%22Basketball%20Recruiting%22&league=%22HS%22&classYear=2015&type=players&start=0

ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/8/class/2015

24/7:
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Commits

Rivals:
https://rivals.yahoo.com/byu/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2015/arkansas-74;_ylt=AvM.4LkDOKThKp1WQtEDfI_lrJB4

tkclark

HoopS

I wouldn't give up on Juco's and transfers after 1 season. Usually year 2 is when you start to see them really start to figure it out.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

nwahogfan1

Great pickup.  Now we have to pray for healing for what ever he is having trouble with.  I have heard back and/or hip which could be related to his back. Either way we need him healthy by next fall.

I also heard he might have some NCAA issues with grades or something.  So he has to get that straightened out also.

But great get.  Good job CMA.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HoopS on February 13, 2015, 09:04:34 am
I wouldn't give up on Juco's and transfers after 1 season. Usually year 2 is when you start to see them really start to figure it out.

Durham is one of those players that is most effective when you don't realize he is on the court. What I mean by that is, if he is playing great man to man defense, handling the basketball, and distributing, he is doing exactly what we need him to do. If you notice him turning the ball over, taking a bunch of shots, or getting beat on defense....then he is really hurting us.

JackJohnson

Quote from: HoopS on February 13, 2015, 09:04:34 am

The thing with Miles is this is his second year here after sitting out last year and he also had two  years at WVU and this year obviously isn't any better.  At what point do you look past his HS recruiting ranking/potential and say maybe he just isn't a high level D1 player? 

I wonder if he is on track to graduate this spring and can take advantage of the transfer rule- which of course would be a win/win