Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 In-state OL class?

Started by GalaHawg, February 09, 2015, 11:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

Any interesting in-state guys at OL that may show out in the camps this summer?

So far, the in-state class for DL, LB, and athletes seem to be good but the OL front is quite. We will need to sign numbers at OL in 2016 according to Coach Pitt.

I found these two guys to be somewhat interesting...

Samuel Williams - http://247sports.com/Player/Samuel-Williams-49734 has an early ULM offer from last summer and attended an Ole Miss camp.

Noah Johnson - http://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Johnson-35365 unofficially visited the Hogs last September

any chance either one of these guys get an offer or any other in-state OL?

redleg

I'm sure there is always a chance. Both of those guys could develop into quality linemen this fall and earn an offer. But right now, the only in-state O-Lineman that has a remote chance of getting a scholie offered to them is Hope High's Kadarius Rowe.....and that's a slim chance.
However, Dylan Soehner of Prarie Grove may be moving from TE to OT. At 6'7" 265 lbs, he would be an in-state target for Pittman to develop.
The O-Line class in Arkansas just has not been very good for the last three or four classes. The only scholarship O-Linemen on the team are Smothers and Danenhauer, and they signed in 2011, and then redshirted. Smothers has done fairly well, and is slated to start at center, while Danenhauer has been a flop so far.
Jeremy Ward and Cordale Boyd moved to D-Line.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

SquidBilly

Think Cordale Boyd was from Memphis.  We signed Colton Jackson in state for this recruiting class.

redleg

Correct on both counts. Forgot Boyd was out of state.
Jackson is the first in-state lineman to sign with the Hogs since 2011.....that is either still with the team or still at OL.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

It doesn't look good in 2016.

I'd bet Soehner ends up a Hog either as a OT or a TE.  He's got a good set of tools to work with,  I hope he gets an offer.

There's an OT out in California that I'm sure we'll be down to the end on or he could be next years Porter Gustin/Malachi Dupre/Jeff Luc for RD.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/23/top-2016-o-lineman-names-arkansas-top-school/

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

AugustaHog

February 10, 2015, 07:54:13 am #5 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:52:03 am by AugustaHog
CSP is going to have his work cut out for him this recruiting season.  I'd love to see him get a commit from Martin and Boudreaux.  I'm not worried here because he's such a great recruiter.  He has to round up a pile of them this year as a result of Weathersby heading to LSU though.  This could be good news for our class in the long run.  The more kids that Pittman is responsible for recruiting, the better.  Technically all of our OL prospects this past cycle, were rated a 4 star on at least one site.  If he did that again with 6 kids, that would be crazy impressive.

gmarv

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 10, 2015, 07:54:13 am
CSP is going to have his work cut out for him this recruiting season.  I'd love to see him get a commit from Martin and Boudreaux.  I'm not worried here because he's such a great recruiter.  He has to round up a pile of them this year as a result of Merrick heading to LSU though.  This could be good news for our class in the long run.  The more kids that Pittman is responsible for recruiting, the better.  Technically all of our OL prospects this past cycle, were rated a 4 star on at least one site.  If he did that again with 6 kids, that would be crazy impressive.
I think you meant weathersby

onebadrubi

We will probably need at least 6 OL in this upcoming class.  Bielema has said he wants 15-17 OL.  We aren't even close to that and lose a lot after this season (assuming Kirkland goes pro too)

Styflin

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 10, 2015, 08:18:53 am
We will probably need at least 6 OL in this upcoming class.  Bielema has said he wants 15-17 OL.  We aren't even close to that and lose a lot after this season (assuming Kirkland goes pro too)

I have been saying we need more OL for quit some time now. I keep getting told not to worry about it as long as we have Pittman. SP is elite. Not a shot at him at all. The bottom line is we need more.

Pork Twain

We have plenty of depth on the lines and as lone as CBB is our coach, I will never worry about this area.  Would we like to have more?  Sure, but no reason to worry about it.  Looks like CBB likes to take 3-4 a class and fills in depth with walk-ons.  Also I love Pittman as much as the next guy but CBB was churning out NFL OL at Wisky, long before he ever had him.

Arky

Wisky
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

AugustaHog

Quote from: gmarv on February 10, 2015, 07:58:25 am
I think you meant weathersby
Yep thanks.  Brain fart this morning.  Got it changed.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 10, 2015, 09:31:29 am
We have plenty of depth on the lines and as lone as CBB is our coach, I will never worry about this area.  Would we like to have more?  Sure, but no reason to worry about it.  Looks like CBB likes to take 3-4 a class and fills in depth with walk-ons.  Also I love Pittman as much as the next guy but CBB was churning out NFL OL at Wisky, long before he ever had him.

Arky

Wisky

Bielema has said in interviews he wants that Oline up too 15-17 bodies.  It will take him sometime but it is needed. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 10, 2015, 12:56:42 pm
Bielema has said in interviews he wants that Oline up too 15-17 bodies.  It will take him sometime but it is needed. 
You are right, if we sign 4 per year, we will have 16 over a four year period, which oddly enough is somewhere between 15-17.  I doubt we ever sign six in one class, but it could happen if it is an extremely loaded class.

I read his original comments and was not disputing them.  Still do not think we need to over-sign in the future.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/