Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dexter Lawrence

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 08, 2015, 07:31:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsOfAnarchy

2016 6'5" 310lb. DT from wake forest  NC. 247 sports has him listed as warm for the hogs. Any reason to this that anyone knows?

xxtomassxx1980

My goodness that kid is a monster!

onebadrubi

ricepig

opineonswine

bulldog04

That's Albert Haynesworth type build

PorkRinds

Possibly a TJ Smith connection? Wasn't he from NC originally?

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2015, 07:43:29 pm
I'll take two!

Two would kill the tires on the taxi from the airport. Would need a tractor to pick up two of these beasts.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

downsouthhawg72

I'm just glad we're finally getting players like that & that big then leaving them at DT & not putting them on the O-line.
DownSouthHawg

RazorbacksFan

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 08, 2015, 07:31:55 pm
247 sports has him listed as warm for the hogs. Any reason to this that anyone knows?

From a North Raleigh News article:

"Lawrence was born in Maryland but reared in Arkansas. Parker [his mother] ran 400 meters at the University of Arkansas-Pinebluff, and Lawrence's father, Dexter Lawrence, was a linebacker at Arkansas State."

http://www.northraleighnews.com/2014/12/12/4397220_wake-forests-big-lineman-has-huge.html?rh=1

trphog

It's about time that we get some kids who were born here, moved away, and want to come back instead of kids who moved here and don't want to stay. You guys will take two, I am not greedy. I'd be happy with just one! This one :)

jackflash

Lets take these four and call it a day.
1 Lawrence
2 Capps
3 Bledsoe
4 Agim

zane

Quote from: jackflash on February 08, 2015, 09:36:07 pm
1 Lawrence
2 Capps
3 Bledsoe
4 Agim

Would be awesome
RIP LSUfan

Hogeration

It says warmer for the Gators.  Does someone know something they don't?

ADavisTheGOAT

If our staff can get it down to Arkansas vs Florida, I'm confident.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

mhuff

1 Lawrence
2 Capps
3 Bledsoe
4 Agim

jackflash

Did anybody find it strange that North Carolina was not on Lawrence list?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogeration on February 08, 2015, 09:41:04 pm

Yep, it's 2016...

texas tush hog

That was before D.J. Durkin left. Bet we get him now.

HogsOfAnarchy

His mom worked in Fayetteville  so there's definitely some ties to arkansas for him and his family

texas tush hog

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 08, 2015, 10:09:53 pm
His mom worked in Fayetteville  so there's definitely some ties to arkansas for him and his family

That's Fayetteville, North Carolina not Arkansas, however, both mom and dad went to school in Arkansas. Dad played lb at Arkansas State and mom ran the 400 meters at UAPB.

HogsOfAnarchy

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 08, 2015, 10:14:34 pm
  That's Fayetteville, North Carolina not Arkansas, however, both mom and dad went to school in Arkansas. Dad played lb at Arkansas State and mom ran the 400 meters at UAPB.
Ah my mistake. You r correct

AugustaHog

Wow this would be a huge get!  Clemson and FSU being in the mix is never good, those guys are closers.  We've beaten FSU before, but not for a DL that I can remember.  I hope we pull this one off.  Dexter is a beast.

#1 STUNNA

1 Lawrence
2 Capps
3 Bledsoe
4 Agim
Would probably be the best dline class in arkansas history

yraciv

Quote from: jackflash on February 08, 2015, 09:51:55 pm

UNC offered and is listed as low.   I found it funnier Wake didn't even try and extend an offer.  Obviously the kid doesn't appear to be tied down to the area.

carolinahogger

Quote from: yraciv on February 09, 2015, 08:22:38 am
UNC offered and is listed as low.   I found it funnier Wake didn't even try and extend an offer.  Obviously the kid doesn't appear to be tied down to the area.

Wake Forest University is in Winston-Salem, NC.  Wake Forest, NC is a town just north of Raleigh, NC.  They are about 100 miles apart.

rwspear

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 09, 2015, 07:48:02 am
Would probably be the best dline class in arkansas history

one would have to assume it would be the best dline class in '16

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: rwspear on February 09, 2015, 09:53:11 am
one would have to assume it would be the best dline class in '16
I think Bledsoe will be hard to get out of Kansas.

whosiskid

"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

rwspear

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 09, 2015, 11:25:06 am
I think Bledsoe will be hard to get out of Kansas.

no way he stays in Kansas.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: rwspear on February 09, 2015, 12:23:50 pm
no way he stays in Kansas.
I mean it won't he is that gets him out of Kansas... Looking like oklahoma right now is the heavy favorite from what I read and heard. He plays football in the same conference as my lil brother... The conference is usually pretty stacked with D1 talent especially on the lines.

BigE_23

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 08, 2015, 07:31:55 pm
2016 6'5" 310lb. DT from wake forest  NC. 247 sports has him listed as warm for the hogs. Any reason to this that anyone knows?
I mean...my God, why would this kid want to come to Arkansas?? There must be some explanation for this craziness!!

HogsOfAnarchy

Quote from: BigE_23 on February 09, 2015, 02:43:56 pm
I mean...my God, why would this kid want to come to Arkansas?? There must be some explanation for this craziness!!
Our top 10 defense this year might have something to do with it

BigPapaHawg

Would be real nice if we could get this kid!
WOO PIG

Hog N Bama

1 Lawrence
2 Capps
3 Bledsoe
4 Agim
Call it a Bielema Quad

Hog N Bama

No

ChicoHog

UF has had wholesale staff changes.  I'm thinking the "warmer" to UF was probably when Muschamp was there?  Hope this kid doesn't start thinking about Auburn. 

ZERO

Yeah, pretty weird that they didn't even at least offer. What's the harm of throwing their name out there at the very least? They're a major school close to home, they should have had the confidence to make an offer.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

rolyat_2008

Florida is/was his favorite team growing up

yraciv

Quote from: ZERO on February 09, 2015, 10:10:34 pm
Yeah, pretty weird that they didn't even at least offer. What's the harm of throwing their name out there at the very least? They're a major school close to home, they should have had the confidence to make an offer.

Expand the list and read down, they did, but apparently he doesn't have much interest.

NC_Hog_Fan

I've watched this kid play for two years and he's a BEAST!! Would be a great pickup for the Hogs!!