logand02

Wes Welker type.  Glad to have him. 

WaltonCollege

Most likely squad player, he is very undersized like 5'7

flippinhogmana

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 07, 2015, 03:18:01 pm
Most likely squad player, he is very undersized like 5'7

and a buck 75, hope he is quick and fast with velcro hands
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PEtrader

Seems a bit small compared to coaches usual offers.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

PEtrader

Somebody asked him scholarship or walk on,  that would be my question as well.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

beringer62

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on February 07, 2015, 03:25:52 pm
Somebody asked him scholarship or walk on,  that would be my question as well.

Walk on

Congrats to Prosper WR Zack English who will be the newest member of the Arkansas #Razorbacks on a preferred walk on. @ZC_Rogers @hawksdad75

PEtrader

hawg1221

PEtrader

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to The Hogs Mr. Zack English.

" GO HOGS "

redeye

Looks like someone who could help on punt returns and maybe more.  I love these small guys that are hard to bring down.

ICEman

Is he as fast as Tanner?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: redeye on February 07, 2015, 05:27:58 pm
Looks like someone who could help on punt returns and maybe more.  I love these small guys that are hard to bring down.
Exactly what I was thinking. I noticed he's had high school experience in that area.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Hudl highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1246277/highlights/200570375/v2

Reminds me of a white Wes Welker.

But seriously, this kid looks like a steal as a walk-on.  The body control and ability to shed would-be tacklers is awesome.  If he was a couple of inches taller, he'd been given a scholarship by a P5 school, no doubt.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

opineonswine

Quote from: The Chief on February 07, 2015, 06:00:27 pm

Huh?  You do realize Wes Welker is also white?

GB-Razorback

Living on the left coast we see a lot of Boise State out here ... he reminds me of ALL their slot receivers that just kill defenses.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: opineonswine on February 07, 2015, 06:05:08 pm

No!  I think you jest!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: opineonswine on February 07, 2015, 06:05:08 pm

What?  Wait...what? 

Yes.  It's my take on the old joke where every smaller player with speed looked like a Wes Welker.  It evolved into everyone joking that linemen look like a larger, slower Wes Welker and players who were black looked like a "black Wes Welker," and so forth.  So, I started saying players looked like a white Wes Welker as my own spin on the joke. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

GB-Razorback

Trying to figure out who he plays like and now I am going to age myself ... Steve Largent.  A little shorter and maybe a bit faster but watching his highlights  that is the closest player that meets the mark. 

redeye

Quote from: The Chief on February 07, 2015, 06:00:27 pm
Hudl highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1246277/highlights/200570375/v2

But seriously, this kid looks like a steal as a walk-on.  The body control and ability to shed would-be tacklers is awesome.  If he was a couple of inches taller, he'd been given a scholarship by a P5 school, no doubt.

LOL.. I love his highlights.  One shows a guy jumping on his back, but it doesn't even seem to slow him down, even though the defender is literally riding on his back.  He also seems to have a decent arm for trick plays.

He reminds me of a black Cameron Artis-Payne.  Wait...

Sir Oinksalot

Welcome Zack !! , and please forgive us our joyous attempts at humor....
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

RunHogruN

I like this kid. He's got some burst. Great body control and changes direction on a dime.  I think CBB will have this kid on the field fielding punts or kick off returns.  Great pick up as a walk on.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

Hogberry Snortcake

That's a good looking highlight reel.  Welcome!  WPS.

OLDHOG

Welcome to hog heaven Mr. English. Enjoy your stay. SOOIE PIG!

tophawg19

this kid could be a missing piece to our return teams . And for you old guys think Derek Holloway . young guys look him up.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jgphillips3

Special teams gunner, punt returner, potential slot receiver.  Welcome to the hogs!

1hogfan

Welcome to The Razorback Family Zack. Happy you are on board.

Dominicanhog

qb looks pretty decent in that video as well.. is that Zach Rogers team?

Thepigdoctor

Why is every short white football player compared to Wes Welker?!?

He reminds me of a young Steve Largent.

hawgsmellgud

I want the bug guy that ran him down, but missed, on the kick return!
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

swinesation

Eerily similar to the great Tyler Weddle, an amazing 5A HS football player at Little Rock Christian who graduated 5 or 6 years ago.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: swinesation on February 08, 2015, 01:59:07 pm
Eerily similar to the great Tyler Weddle, an amazing 5A HS football player at Little Rock Christian who graduated 5 or 6 years ago.
He is now a coach at shiloh Christian I believe..

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on February 08, 2015, 12:37:28 pm
I want the bug guy that ran him down, but missed, on the kick return!

Thats what stood out to me too

cypert2

Could be another Reggie Fish; or maybe not.
Swinging on the two and the four.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Could be a white version of Edelman
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

RazorbacksFan

Quote from: redeye on February 07, 2015, 06:15:06 pm
LOL.. I love his highlights.  One shows a guy jumping on his back, but it doesn't even seem to slow him down, even though the defender is literally riding on his back.

I saw that, too!
He drags three defenders 15 yards after contact on a route at 5:55.

texas tush hog

My daughter was a student trainer for the Razorback football team from 1996 til 2001. Lives in Prosper and she knows all about this kid. She is extremely knowledgeable about football and kinda like E.F. Hutton, when she speaks I listen. If she says he can play, and she does, you can take it to the bank. Was a trainer at North Mesquite for four years before  she went to the hill and they were the #1 high school team in the nation her senior season for most of the season. I am taking her word that we got a good one. Only reason he did not get major attention is his lack of size. Saw him play a couple of times, and his highlight film is typical.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ICEman on February 07, 2015, 05:33:12 pm
Is he as fast as Tanner?

was hoping someone would post this as I scrolled down the thread.  Got a kick out of that as I immediately thought the same thing when I read his name.  funny stuff

+1