Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our kick off and punt return guys

Started by Papawhog, February 06, 2015, 07:19:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Papawhog

We all seen Collins late in the season come in and perform very well with his vision on kick off returns. Jo Jo is already known, as most of us have seen in his H.S. highlights, as to be a dangerous KO returner himself, but in H.S. Could we have a better duo at the end zone awaiting the kick? Can JoJo be something special as our punt return man? CB has Cornelius as our punt return man because of his sure hands. I remember someone on the staff (CB?) saying he has the best hands of our receivers at the begining practices last year. Concerning our return men, which is of course game changers in momentum, who's going to be our big 3?

Papawhog

Think I should have maybe put this in MMQ. Sorry. I'm getting old.

IBleedRazorbackRed

I like what Cornelius brought to the punt return game. I would like to see someone else at kick return. JoJo, Stewart, someone besides Keon and Collins

redeye

Arkansas was 5th in the nation in Kickoff Returns and 40th in Punt Returns in 2014.

Potosihog

Quote from: redeye on February 06, 2015, 08:01:54 pm
Arkansas was 5th in the nation in Kickoff Returns and 40th in Punt Returns in 2014.

Being 5th In ko returns had a lot to do with a young man no longer on the team.   I hope we can. Replace him with another speedster with vision.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Potosihog on February 06, 2015, 09:26:11 pm
Being 5th In ko returns had a lot to do with a young man no longer on the team.   I hope we can. Replace him with another speedster with vision.

Collins numbers aren't bad and Marshall's are skewed by the 97 yarder against Nicholls State.

KICK RETURNS    No.    Yards    Avg     TD    Long
K. Marshall     9    271    30.1    1    97
Keon Hatcher     6    139    23.2    0    47
Eric Hawkins     4    73    18.2    0    27
Alex Collins     4    113    28.2    0    39
Alex Voelzke     1    21    21.0    0    21
Total..........    24    617    25.7    1    97

Sir Oinksalot

...I'm wanting to see Reed the new JC transfer... He's a speed burner and a more mature player with a lot of game experience...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

choppedporkextrasauce

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: redeye on February 06, 2015, 08:01:54 pm
That means zilch.

The Hogs need to find both sure handed and explosive return men. To do so will help us to that next level.

redeye

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 07, 2015, 06:37:20 pm
That means zilch.

The Hogs need to find both sure handed and explosive return men. To do so will help us to that next level.

It means we weren't really that bad or our numbers would have been worse.

Regardless, I wasn't defending our return teams, but just interjecting some facts into the discussion.  I'd also like to see more help on those teams and Zach English seems like a good start.

Papawhog

We all want someone returning punts that the opposing coach tells the punter not to give him something to return. Joe Adams is an example. We need another as its been a while since we all held our breath a bit to see what's fixing to happen. Sure hands Cornelius has taken away our "can he catch it without fumbling" fear and does have some moves and may even break out to be a feared return man now with a year behind him, but some of you that have studied our newcomers and  redshirts closely, do we have someone that can give him competition? There's not a single one of us that doesn't deeply want that feeling again.

tophawg19

the new walk-on zack may fill this role . small , shifty runner with good speed and surprising power for a small player .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Papawhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 07, 2015, 09:34:33 pm
the new walk-on zack may fill this role . small , shifty runner with good speed and surprising power for a small player .
Just read/seen highlights tophawg and thought the same thing. Even though a walk on, still a year away from seeing the field if that good you think?