Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the recruited walk ons at this point?

Started by luke hawg, February 02, 2015, 10:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

Phillips, Harvey, and Reid. Are there any others I'm not aware of?

Uncommon

Quote from: luke hawg on February 02, 2015, 10:45:22 pm
They signed George Madden to maybe replace D'Appollonio.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jcpack

That would be epic! Come on R.D., throw us a bone!

Huds_HawgTide

I say if we have a spot open give it to dj brown...he has real talent...if you can get him to walk on then omg wow
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

swinesation

Quote from: luke hawg on February 02, 2015, 10:45:22 pm

Could you give full names on these guys? I don't know who they are.

hawgfan4life

If we are going to take kids on a gamble, give me Bequette  and Dancy.  I like DJ but on film, Dancy is a far more talented runner IMO.

scruf

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 03, 2015, 02:09:14 pm
If we are going to take kids on a gamble, give me Bequette  and Dancy.  I like DJ but on film, Dancy is a far more talented runner IMO.

[attachment deleted by admin]

pfrg999

Harvey is a BIG ol Boy at 6'6" and 320 lbs.. Nice walk on....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

tophawg19

why are some of these guys still unrated ? on the good side we are getting 3 star walk-ons where in the past we were signing 2 star recruits .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Uncommon

davispard

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2015, 03:36:18 pm
Byron Keaton joins that list.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/562725838349938689

Pretty impressive walk-on class.
Just by the sheer numbers of DBs walking on, and those coming back, and committing this cycle, I think we ought to be able to put together a pretty good back 4-5.  JMO

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

opineonswine

Never happened at Arkansas ever...not even close.

ArKan5a5 KiD

February 03, 2015, 04:18:10 pm #19 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:08:04 pm by thalilcrzydawg
Just alittle FYI. I've watched Keaton play at CF and he was also a teammate at one point with D. Reed. I know for sure that D. Reed was in Camden today visiting with family and friends. Not saying Reed signs with Arkansas but I think we have a chance even though I've heard rumors he's headed to Arizona St.

Dropkick

Appreciate these kids even more that want to be a Razorback bad enough to walk on. Uncommon.

luke hawg

I really believe this is going to be the X factor in regards to us closing the talent gap between us and traditional powers. What happens to our 247 rating when you add three 3 star players. this is huge.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: luke hawg on February 03, 2015, 05:22:12 pm
What happens to our 247 rating when you add three 3 star players.

Not much at all actually.  But this is still really good news.

tophawg19

i wouldn't be surprised to see any of these kids starting in 2 years

luke hawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 03, 2015, 05:26:05 pm
Not much at all actually.  But this is still really good news.

The extra recruits seem to be helping Mississippi State. Does it only account for the top 25?. If not the difference is marginal between us and some others.

lefty08

Quote from: luke hawg on February 03, 2015, 05:38:49 pm
The extra recruits seem to be helping Mississippi State. Does it only account for the top 25?. If not the difference is marginal between us and some others.

They count your best 20 recruits
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

tophawg19

in a way i'm more excited over the athletic ability of some of these guys , than i am over some commits

hawg1221

Quick question.  When a player "commits" to walk-on at Arkansas, do they actually sign anything??

hawg1221

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 03, 2015, 06:10:29 pm
in a way i'm more excited over the athletic ability of some of these guys , than i am over some commits

I agree.  I think some of the walk-ons are athletic freaks!!

tophawg19

hawg1221

texas tush hog

Uncommon

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 03, 2015, 06:21:38 pm
Richard, aren't we limited to five recruited walk-ons per year?
If so, I believe we just filled them all.

1. OL Klint Harvey
2. DB Byron Keaton
3. LS George Madden
4. DB Reid Miller
5. LB Tyler Phillips

tophawg19

i think Tyler starts out as a Safety being as that was how our coaches worked him during the camp. he worked totally with Jennings . however if they think his skill set works he may start as a hybrid /OLB

tophawg19

On NSD i believe they do but not when committing

tophawg19

Way to go staff . This is like signing 29 or 30 . These guys are quality enough to be signed . Any other year we are signing these kids . Don't be surprised if some of these kids aren't starters before they graduate . WE ARE GETTING 3 STAR WALK-ONS .  Guys with offers to other schools . Great job by our staff to keep digging to fill depth .

Hogfan46

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 03, 2015, 08:23:34 pm
Way to go staff . This is like signing 29 or 30 . These guys are quality enough to be signed . Any other year we are signing these kids . Don't be surprised if some of these kids aren't starters before they graduate . WE ARE GETTING 3 STAR WALK-ONS .  Guys with offers to other schools . Great job by our staff to keep digging to fill depth .

I agree. Most of these walk ons would be well regarded signees in most of HDN's classes.

nationwish

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 03, 2015, 08:08:33 pm
On NSD i believe they do but not when committing

Walk-ons do not sign a NLI. They may sign other agreements, such as a code of conduct, but there is nothing binding on the school or the player. If the player receives a scholarship offer from another school, the player is free to accept it as long as he has not enrolled. Otherwise, he would need written permission from his school to talk to other programs.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2015, 07:37:30 pm

1. OL Klint Harvey
2. DB Byron Keaton
3. LS George Madden
4. DB Reid Miller
5. LB Tyler Phillips

We can have more than five, but only the recruited walk-ons can report with the rest of the team. The others, and I am not sure there is a limit, must wait until classes begin.

DeltaBoy

This is great and what Tom O had going on with the Corn huskers for years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 04, 2015, 11:15:58 pm
We can have more than five, but only the recruited walk-ons can report with the rest of the team. The others, and I am not sure there is a limit, must wait until classes begin.

I believe 125 is the cap on number of players.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2015, 07:37:30 pm

1. OL Klint Harvey
2. DB Byron Keaton
3. LS George Madden
4. DB Reid Miller
5. LB Tyler Phillips

I can remember the day when these five would be in our top 15 recruits.

tophawg19

Add Zack English WR to this list . Small at 5'8 170 but looks like help in the return game and slot WR. shifty moves with good speed and surprising power . may be the punt return man we need .

jackflash

Phillips is the one I see making a impact first. Could be on special teams next year.

CattleCorn

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 03, 2015, 08:23:34 pm

This can't be emphasized enough.  Getting three-stars with offers to other schools excited to walk on at Arkansas means that people are buying into what we are building here.  I couldn't be happier with the direction our program is taking.  Up, up, up!

Wooderson

Quote from: jackflash on February 08, 2015, 10:28:09 am
Phillips is the one I see making a impact first. Could be on special teams next year.

Phillips will not be able to play while he is on academic scholarship, unless they have changed that rule.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

justmaybe

Quote from: Wooderson on February 08, 2015, 02:41:39 pm
Phillips will not be able to play while he is on academic scholarship, unless they have changed that rule.

As soon as he plays he has to immediately go on football scholarship. Same as if he was on any other kind of scholarship like baseball one basketball. So if he plays special teams there has to be room5 on the 85. The exception is he is not on any scholarship at all I believe. That is how A&M had a full 10 on kick off coverage. And that might have been before there was a 125 limit

texas tush hog

This new kid, Zack English, from Prosper Texas is going to turn some heads before he is through. This coaching staff is a recruiting machine.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: CattleCorn on February 08, 2015, 12:36:07 pm
This can't be emphasized enough.  Getting three-stars with offers to other schools excited to walk on at Arkansas means that people are buying into what we are building here.  I couldn't be happier with the direction our program is taking.  Up, up, up!

Not to bash Nutt but, as many other have said, these walk-ons would have been recruits #16 to 22 or in years gone by.  A lot we would say or more likely hope were "diamonds in the rough."  We would steal recruits from Tulsa or North Texas and the like to get to our 25 or 27 or more.  Our current walk-ons make our true recruiting number 27 or 28 deep with real hope that 20 make an impact long term instead of the 27 from before where we hoped that would 12 to 15 stick and make an impact. 
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.