Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos

Started by HoggyCat, January 25, 2018, 06:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

TebowHater

That was a fast change (from Michigan). Good for him.

greenEGnHAWGS

Dang...is this legit? That sucks cuz I don't want to see what he'll be able to do with a top talent QB and an OL that will give him enough time to run the plays out...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Flrazrback

Good for Coach Enos. He now gets to show his ability and we have to figure out a way to beat him.

PygmalionEffect2

Our worst fears have been realized......

Enos will take Tagovailoa and have him playing like AA by next fall.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 25, 2018, 06:54:11 pm

Our worst fears?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

livevanguy

Does this speak volumes about what was going on behind the scenes last season? If Bama wants our former OC, something wasn't right...and I believe it must have been CBB.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteOur worst fears?

Ok, how about

THE SUM OF ALL FEARS!

Sinking in?

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Tortfeasor

But, he sucks as a coach. Right?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 25, 2018, 06:54:11 pm

We weren't going to beat Bama without Enos. We need Saban to leave and then a couple years after that, maybe we'll have a chance.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Whats the over/under on the number of weeks/days/hours until someone mentions what a terrific coach he is after many on here recently saying what a terrible coach he is. It seems we may have had a bunch of good to great assistants come through here in the past 5 years.

Hate to say it but if Saban thinks he will be a good tutor for his QBs, that speaks volumes to me.  Remember the QB coach doesn't have final say in the plays run.

I am surprised Enos came back South after getting back near where he seemed to be happy at.

kaiserhog

He is A Good coach, another one who will do well after Bielema.

Tigaman

Quote from: livevanguy on January 25, 2018, 07:00:45 pm
Does this speak volumes about what was going on behind the scenes last season? If Bama wants our former OC, something wasn't right...and I believe it must have been CBB.

No it doesn't. He is their QB coach, not their OC. The fact that he hasn't been hired as an OC means he's probably not as highly thought as a OC as those on here think he is.

PygmalionEffect2

For someone who is supposed to be some kind of football genius, Saban has always been completely clueless when it comes to the most important position on the field, quarterback.

Further proof that we are all just living in a computer generated matrix.

nchogg

I have confidence in our coaches. I am very happy for Coach Enos. Learn from the best and the sky is the limit. He will be a head coach again. Alabama knows what our defense will bring even Coach Enos. New coach and we will be alright. Can't be worse than last year. We don't have a coach that will brag and say "I didn't come here to play Alabama, I came here to beat them". It's a wait and see how this team progresses to the new schemes.

Dominicanhog

With Enos they'll play for the national title repeatedly and kick our ass every year...

grayhawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 25, 2018, 07:17:15 pm
With Enos they'll play for the national title repeatedly and kick our ass every year...
What's new?

Dominicanhog

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 25, 2018, 07:38:11 pm #20 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:08:17 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: Tigaman on January 25, 2018, 07:08:23 pm
No it doesn't. He is their QB coach, not their OC. The fact that he hasn't been hired as an OC means he's probably not as highly thought as a OC as those on here think he is.

Lol. His contract in Michigan had a contract provision for if his OC was added to the title.

That only happens if they think he is the eventual OC.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is call plays at Bama by 2019

TomasPistola

Quote from: Tigaman on January 25, 2018, 07:08:23 pm

He's just waiting in line. His time will come.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ChicoHog

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 25, 2018, 07:09:24 pm
For someone who is supposed to be some kind of football genius, Saban has always been completely clueless when it comes to the most important position on the field, quarterback.

Further proof that we are all just living in a computer generated matrix.
Can't agree with that.  He and his staff have done a good job taking guys that are not NFL players for the most part and getting the most of them.   He doesn't need a guy who throws 40 passes a game.  Just manage the game and be a threat to run the ball.  And don't make stupid mistakes. 

bennyl08

Quote from: 12247 on January 25, 2018, 07:05:51 pm
Whats the over/under on the number of weeks/days/hours until someone mentions what a terrific coach he is after many on here recently saying what a terrible coach he is. It seems we may have had a bunch of good to great assistants come through here in the past 5 years.

Hate to say it but if Saban thinks he will be a good tutor for his QBs, that speaks volumes to me.  Remember the QB coach doesn't have final say in the plays run.

Plenty on here never stopped saying he was a good coach and a number never said he was a good coach in the first place. It's only an issue if the person flip flops their position on somebody or something for their own gain.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

checkraiser88

The dude went from a Head Coach, to OC, to a position coach..I like the coaches we have coming in

steveaustin69

Hoggish1

Quote from: TebowHater on January 25, 2018, 06:43:21 pm
That was a fast change (from Michigan). Good for him.

Good for him?

Hoggish1

Quote from: 12247 on January 25, 2018, 07:06:47 pm
I am surprised Enos came back South after getting back near where he seemed to be happy at.

Coaching football in the N. is not a walk in the park.  The S. is where it's at or haven't you noticed?

LA Football fan

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 25, 2018, 07:53:19 pm
The dude went from a Head Coach, to OC, to a position coach..I like the coaches we have coming in

Went from Central Michigan to Arkansas to Michigan to Alabama.  Enough said.  I like our coaches too but anyone thinking he is on any kind of downward spiral is out of their  mind.

HiggiePiggy

So who in here actually has alabama as a win in any year that Saban is the coach?  Who cares about Alabama. Beat the rest of the teams.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

rljjr

Ha. He didn't even get to take any of his UM gear out of the plastic wrapping.

I wonder if this was his plan all along, or if things are not rosy in Wolverine land. Or, perhaps he just didn't want to tuck his sweatshirts into his khakis. Whatever the reason, he's a good coach and by all accounts a good dude. Happy he is getting a good job. Saban will be gone in a year or two, so maybe he'll take over!!! :-)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Wouldn't be surprised if he calls plays this year. Locksley is not setting the world on fire.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgmasta

With the best players in college football Dan Enos is gonna be juuuusst fine.

Dr. Starcs

Biggest problem I had with Enos was his goal line play calling. Atrocious.

Buff

Saban is statistically more likely to win a national championship than Bielema was to win any SEC game.

azhog10

He seemed to be the scape goat for those close to the program in why we struggled. I don't buy it tho.

Hogindasticks

Georgia has Chaney.......same deal....

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 25, 2018, 08:56:33 pm

His play calling when you get into a situation when a team needs a spark....he does not  have a clue.

HogHomer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 25, 2018, 09:17:38 pm
His play calling when you get into a situation when a team needs a spark....he does not  have a clue.
So you think Enos, who at CMU ran a wide open offense, is the one who called 3 runs up the middle in a goal line formation?

Hogarusa

Wait until you hear about the past decade
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Interesting that almost every coach from the previous staff have high profile jobs and the 2 that are still unemployed are bielema and kurt anderson
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 25, 2018, 08:56:33 pm
The play calling was the same as when Chaney was here. Different OC but same play calling means someone else is running the offense. That person was puppet master bielema
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hog N Bama

That and the OL

hoghiker

No link, saw it on another board. Have no idea if true but I could see it happening.

Sed76

Can you imagine the meltdown Saban would have if Bama ran a couple of the terrible 4th down plays Arkansas ran last year that failed miserably? He seriously might stroke out on the sideline.

chiti66

Confirmed...as QB Coach. 

FANONTHEHILL

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain!"

Actually very happy for Coach Enos.  Great guy and great coach.  Will be pulling for him except during Arkansas week. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

rhames

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 26, 2018, 10:54:47 am
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain!"

Actually very happy for Coach Enos.  Great guy and great coach.  Will be pulling for him except during Arkansas week. 

Batman became the villain so Harvey Dent could die a hero.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me