Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 QB might as well think ahead

Started by theciscoshow, December 09, 2015, 12:22:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theciscoshow

Ray_Finkle

I sure hope he learns to check down to other receivers....  looks like he had his mind made up before the snap.  Of course he is only a freshman and will get better i'm sure.   He does look to have some potential however.  Nice find OP.

hvsupastar

I wouldn't be surprised if that 2019 QB from Earle ends up getting some D1 looks
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

yraciv

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 09, 2015, 01:05:09 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if that 2019 QB from Earle ends up getting some D1 looks

Has Earle ever had a Division 1 player? Much less a Quarterback?

hawgwild child

jgphillips3

Get your boy to as many camps as you can over the next few years.  Especially at the schools he might be interested in attending.  Those camps are critical these days, especially for coaches like Arkansas who want to see a kid and put him through drills.  I'm sure you already know this but my nephew just went through it and had some good attention before a possible career ending injury.  A good performance and great attitude at a camp will often have a coach call other coaches at other schools if they like a kid but can't take him.  That networking can be vital on the offers. Keep us updated as he matures.

theciscoshow

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 09, 2015, 12:57:47 pm
I sure hope he learns to check down to other receivers....  looks like he had his mind made up before the snap.  Of course he is only a freshman and will get better i'm sure.   He does look to have some potential however.  Nice find OP.

Some plays are designed to go to a certain player and are thrown very quickly. Some he decides when his 6'3" (#23) receiver gets man coverage. As he told me Kendrel is his first read. Number 3 is the brother of Nate Johnson from Independence who ran a 10.5 100 meters when he was 13. Those 2 always get the first look. He told me that the freshman teams rarely disguise their defense and that he can tell 90% of the time who is going to be open, pre-snap. 

Barman91

Quote from: yraciv on December 09, 2015, 02:30:17 pm

No, only the greatest coach in the history of football.....

Grizzlyfan

Same thing might have been said about Charleston.  Until there was one.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 10, 2015, 01:10:19 pm
Same thing might have been said about Charleston.  Until there was one.

Charleston already has a previous Div 1 and pro athlete - Steve Cox

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: BirmingHam on December 10, 2015, 01:15:04 pm
Charleston already has a previous Div 1 and pro athlete - Steve Cox
Then it's perfectly reasonable to expect that Earle will have one someday.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 10, 2015, 04:48:52 pm
Then it's perfectly reasonable to expect that Earle will have one someday.

Sure

Grizzlyfan

BirmingHam

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 11, 2015, 10:23:50 am
Right. Now you get it.

Kinda like saying that Pleasant View is due a D1 athlete. So, yeah I get your point.

Wmhog

Michael Forest,  University of Arkamsas

theciscoshow

theciscoshow

Has been added to Rivals.com and invited to their QB challenge in Columbus Ohio April 10. Only 441 kids in the country in the 2019 class at this time and 41 Pro-Style QB's.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189293

jgphillips3

Thanks for the updates. Is he camping anywhere this year?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: theciscoshow on December 10, 2015, 11:28:08 am
Some plays are designed to go to a certain player and are thrown very quickly. Some he decides when his 6'3" (#23) receiver gets man coverage. As he told me Kendrel is his first read. Number 3 is the brother of Nate Johnson from Independence who ran a 10.5 100 meters when he was 13. Those 2 always get the first look. He told me that the freshman teams rarely disguise their defense and that he can tell 90% of the time who is going to be open, pre-snap.

RazorPiggie

If I ever have a son I give Hogville permission to kick me in the nuts if I come on here and start pimping him out.

AirWarren

Same garbage was said about Strong and Kenneth Dixon.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 08, 2016, 01:32:53 pm
If I ever have a son I give Hogville permission to kick me in the nuts if I come on here and start pimping him out.

Why even say this?  Part of the way to get your kid elevated as a recruit is doing exactly what this guy is doing.  Getting his name out there.  Building hype.  If you ever have a kid that's got a chance at playing SEC football, you can consider yourself lucky and do whatever it takes to get him to a high level without any judgment from people who don't know jack about you or your kid. 

FBREW000

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 08, 2016, 02:54:07 pm
Why even say this?  Part of the way to get your kid elevated as a recruit is doing exactly what this guy is doing.  Getting his name out there.  Building hype.  If you ever have a kid that's got a chance at playing SEC football, you can consider yourself lucky and do whatever it takes to get him to a high level without any judgment from people who don't know jack about you or your kid. 

This... Geeze... THIS!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on March 08, 2016, 02:46:47 pm
Same garbage was said about Strong and Kenneth Dixon.

I guess he didn't know who, are where Michael Forrest was from???

tophawg19

does he have a real interest in the hawgs ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

AirWarren

No. More than likely is a daddy who thinks his kid is better than he actually is.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on March 08, 2016, 03:11:55 pm
No. More than likely is a daddy who thinks his kid is better than he actually is.

All parents think that, lol.

AirWarren

Come on. You can tell if your kid is a superstar or D1. Not all parents are delusional ha.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on March 08, 2016, 04:58:07 pm
Come on. You can tell if your kid is a superstar or D1. Not all parents are delusional ha.

For sure, we just all think they are more athletic, handsome/beautiful, or smarter! Cause we love them!!!

Wildhog

Some dickish behavior in this thread.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

howie76

Great size for a freshman! Best of luck and if the hogs offer I hope he takes it!

hawgfan4life

Nice looking kid.  I cannot believe a poster would nit-pick a ninth grader about staring down WR from what I saw on that film.  As for camps.  The poster stating going to camps is spot on the money.  Your kid will NOT be considered as a top prospect unless he is a sure thing athlete in a sure thing program, coached by a top notch coach, if he does not attend camps and combines.  That is simply the way recruiting works these days.  Go to the camps of the schools you want to go and get in a few of the top combines.

HogNDas

Quote from: Barman91 on December 10, 2015, 11:36:01 am
No, only the greatest coach in the history of football.....
Are you kidding me!....the great Michael Forrest!...part of the Forrest brothers including Sylvester!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2016, 05:09:00 pm
For sure, we just all think they are more athletic, handsome/beautiful, or smarter! Cause we love them!!!

Yes we do!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 08, 2016, 02:54:07 pm

I'm sorry but you don't do it on a message board. You send him to camps, email the EK Franks, etc. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 08:37:12 am
I'm sorry but you don't do it on a message board. You send him to camps, email the EK Franks, etc.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you do.  Creating hype for a player among the fan base of a school that you want an offer from is not new. And it happens all the time.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 09, 2016, 09:03:32 am
I'm sorry but you have no idea what you do.  Creating hype for a player among the fan base of a school that you want an offer from is not new. And it happens all the time.

You mean, like Pinnacle Preps????...????....

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 09, 2016, 09:03:32 am

Man I see that it happens. I just pray I never turn out to be that parent.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 09:12:30 am
Man I see that it happens. I just pray I never turn out to be that parent.

That's fine. But you'd be better off praying that you'll one day get the chance to be in that position. Because most don't.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 09, 2016, 09:15:12 am
That's fine. But you'd be better off praying that you'll one day get the chance to be in that position. Because most don't.

Well given that I'm of average height and my wife is barely over 5', I don't foresee me being in that position. Also having a daughter doesn't help in that aspect either. Hopefully they are good at golf or really smart.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 09:30:31 am
Well given that I'm of average height and my wife is barely over 5', I don't foresee me being in that position. Also having a daughter doesn't help in that aspect either. Hopefully they are good at golf or really smart.

I'd have a long list of things to pray for, before wishing I had a "potential" college athlete.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on March 09, 2016, 09:32:43 am
I'd have a long list of things to pray for, before wishing I had a "potential" college athlete.

I do. Trust me lol.

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 09:30:31 am

My daughter is a future LPGA star/Supreme Overlord.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 09, 2016, 09:49:48 am

Mine will probably be retired by then, I can see you hope.......

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Wildhog on March 09, 2016, 09:49:48 am

I just hope mine has the patience to play. My wife doesn't, which is great for me.

whosiskid

Nah. Ain't going to look at out of state QB prospects that far out unless they make it known that they want to play at Arkansas. If we go down that road we could waste our time speculating on thousands of kids.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

AirWarren

theciscoshow

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 09, 2016, 10:03:19 am
I just hope mine has the patience to play. My wife doesn't, which is great for me.

I understood your skepticism. MY son is now a Jr. and up for Titans Player of the week in the Nashville area. Please go vote for him.

His last game against Hillboro, they were on ESPN last year and have a DT committed to Alabama and a CB being recruited by power 5, he had this stat line in the first half 17-23-318-5-0  He played 1 series in the second half.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/09/09/vote-titan-up-readers-choice-top-player-week-4/649524001/

He is now 6'4" 185 lb. 2 of his receivers are 2019 4* and if things keep going like this, he will join them by the end of the year. He has another year with those guys next year and has other weapons to choose from. He does not depend on those 2 as he threw TD's to 4 different players the last game.

Here is his latest Hudl http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/nathan-cisco/PxgdKkzeEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/awards.htm

He is interested in playing for a power 5 school SEC preferred. Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, UT and Penn State are currently showing interest, but no offers yet.

If Arkansas were interested they would be on his list because they run a more pro-friendly offense. He wants to go where most snaps will be under center. He runs a spread on a team that has been to the state finals the last 2 years.