Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No respect

Started by Swinefeld, January 02, 2018, 10:08:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinefeld

All that we would chant and hear.  Lay an egg on the road.  Give up 17 offensive rebounds.  Gave up THREE times as many free throws, and didn't even hit half of the free throws they did get.  Garbage effort.  I don't want to hear anymore about rankings and respect. 

checkraiser88

I think we had a better team last season, even if our seed is better this year

mykidsdad

Quote from: Swinefeld on January 02, 2018, 10:08:38 pm
All that we would chant and hear.  Lay an egg on the road.  Give up 17 offensive rebounds.  Gave up THREE times as many free throws, and didn’t even hit half of the free throws they did get.  Garbage effort.  I don’t want to hear anymore about rankings and respect. 

why don't you shut the hell up. Or are you of the mindset that the screwing that everyone just witnessed by the refs didn't happen. We drive the lane, nothing, they drive the lane foul. It was a joke as are you!

razorpimp

All that we would chant and hear.  Lay an egg on the road.  Give up 17 offensive rebounds.  Gave up THREE times as many free throws, and didn't even hit half of the free throws they did get.  Garbage effort.  I don't want to hear anymore about rankings and respect.

6th in SEC...about right we won't win a road game

woopig

If that was a good team we would have just been beaten by 30. We have to figure out how to play on the road.

Beaverfever

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 02, 2018, 10:09:34 pm
I think we had a better team last season, even if our seed is better this year
No we didn't.  The league is getting better.  You don't win road games by being not terrible anymore. 

rzrbackramsfan

Hog Pharm

Quote from: woopig on January 02, 2018, 10:13:26 pm
If that was a good team we would have just been beaten by 30. We have to figure out how to play on the road.

True, they were what 3/20 from 3 and we still lose??

mykidsdad

Quote from: woopig on January 02, 2018, 10:13:26 pm
Quote from: razorpimp on January 02, 2018, 10:10:32 pm
6th in SEC...about right we won't win a road game

I love the little haters that keep their damn mouth silent when we are winning, and come on and talk crap when we lose one. I have news for you, you are going to be silent most of this season. Enjoy your little time to post before we don't see you again! You are pathetic and for sure no fan!!!

RaisinHog

Im sick.of Macon and barford running there mouth about respect and then going out and sucking butt

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

34 rebounds to 35. Rebounding wasn't the issue, but you knew that.

razorbackchamps94

I think he's right we won't win many road games .. especially fouling and going 3-10 from line

Swinefeld

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on January 02, 2018, 10:18:22 pm
34 rebounds to 35. Rebounding wasn't the issue, but you knew that.

17 offensive rebounds when a team is shooting 19 percent from three is a major issue when it leads to extra possessions that help lead to 40 free throw attempts. Two times at the FT line alone Miss St missed the back end of their shots and got the rebound.  One lead to a three. But you already knew that

3kgthog

It's not necessarily hating. It's just that some of y'all complained week after week about getting no respect. The media finally gave the team a nod and the Hogs said thanks by losing the first game out.

You wonder why Arkansas gets no respect or attention? It's because they don't know how to handle success.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Swinefeld on January 02, 2018, 10:20:10 pm
17 offensive rebounds when a team is shooting 19 percent from three is a major issue when it leads to extra possessions that help lead to 40 free throw attempts.  But you already knew that

Like I am sure that it is obvious to you that a team shooting 19% will have lots of opportunities at long rebounds.

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 02, 2018, 10:20:15 pm

You wonder why Arkansas gets no respect or attention? It's because they don't know how to handle success.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Swinefeld

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 02, 2018, 10:21:54 pm
Like I am sure that it is obvious to you that a team shooting 19% will have lots of opportunities at long rebounds.

Hey great.  Maybe all teams should start shooting 19% because it's apparently a strategic advantage...or maybe the defense just grows a pair and rebounds the ball

Randohoggie

Quote from: Swinefeld on January 02, 2018, 10:24:08 pm
Hey great.  Maybe all teams should start shooting 19% because it's apparently a strategic advantage...or maybe the defense just grows a pair and rebounds the ball

Sure.  It's simple.  Just get more rebounds.  I can't believe none of them thought of that.

Swinefeld

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 02, 2018, 10:25:08 pm
Sure.  It's simple.  Just get more rebounds.  I can't believe none of them thought of that.

Yep it is.  And apparently they weren't

lynbug

That last call was definitely questionable.  However, we definitely did not take care of business down the stretch.  Had many opportunities to create separation but couldn't maintain control of the game.  And when the game comes down to a 50-50 call....on the road it usually goes against you.

old_school_hawg

Yes it does. And Macon walked. Big time. Wasn't even a hard call. I think he is a great player, but he needed to focus before the rebound, not talking shirt to the fans behind him. He is usually very mentally tough and focused. I just don't understand it.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: old_school_hawg on January 03, 2018, 02:19:40 am
Yes it does. And Macon walked. Big time. Wasn't even a hard call. I think he is a great player, but he needed to focus before the rebound, not talking shirt to the fans behind him. He is usually very mentally tough and focused. I just don't understand it.

HA!

https://twitter.com/jacebradley12/status/948405498268868608
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Wild Bill Hog

We've still got a long way to go before we are "consistently respected".  We have to earn it.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogginbama

Quote from: old_school_hawg on January 03, 2018, 02:19:40 am

That is what is known as a "jump stop"....go back, watch the game and see how many times they did it on numerous shots. Then play close attention to shuffling of feet by their guards as they started to drive. Could call about 20 walks against MSU if you had wanted to.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

phadedhawg

I don't want to hear anymore about rankings and respect. 

Got it.  Any other topics we should steer clear of in order to please you?