Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU lost to Troy in year 2

Started by Hawg_E_Style, September 07, 2019, 11:32:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg_E_Style

Under Orgeron....and look at them now. Top 5 team. And a lot less of a program rebuild than we have had.

And isnt this essentially year 1 under Morris?? Last year was essentially a mulligan. That sad, CM has to make some changes. These assistants arent going to cut it. He needs top SEC level coordinators to compete. Look what Luke did at Ole Miss....went and hired two previous head coaches as coordinators.

Full disclosure: Im not a Morris lover. I was pissed when he was hired because he has done nothing at SMU. The mistakes he made last year against Colorado St and now mismanaging Starkel and Hicks is a VERY BAD look, and so far he has proven me right that he isnt an SEC level coach.

BUT: He has recruited very well and the team is very young. If he can get some better coaches in here, maybe we can make some noise. Firing him now is the worst thing we can do, unfortunately.

Hopefully Morris is smart enough to figure out that we need to trim down the offense and focus on what we can do and do it right.

The rest of the year will be ugly. We arent gonna make a bowl. We arent gonna win a conference game. Still, I would hate to fire him now. It will only get worse from here Im afraid. Hold that rope.

STLhawg

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 07, 2019, 11:32:17 pm
Under Orgeron....and look at them now. Top 5 team. And a lot less of a program rebuild than we have had.
Apples to Oranges!  How many total SEC wins did LSU have in his first two years?  You even say that Morris won't any in his first two seasons/years.

And isnt this essentially year 1 under Morris?? Last year was essentially a mulligan.
NO -- this is Morris' SECOND year!!!

TebowHater

CCM thought Hicks and Kelley were our better QBs.

Hawg_E_Style

Quote from: STLhawg on September 07, 2019, 11:45:28 pm
Apples to Oranges!  How many total SEC wins did LSU have in his first two years?  You even say that Morris won't any in his first two seasons/years.
NO -- this is Morris' SECOND year!!!

Meh. I think last year was doomed to be a disaster. That said, we still almost won 5 games. I think this is really year 1

Still, CCM obviously has issues. He HAS GOT to upgrade his coaching staff

HawgZZilla

At this point, if you're a Razorback fan or alumni whose goal isn't to see CCM fired for gross leadership incompetence?

I believe you're a loon.

Even "hands off" Coach O showed signs over two years. The only sign shown here is a death rattle.

STLhawg

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 07, 2019, 11:50:01 pm
Meh. I think last year was doomed to be a disaster. That said, we still almost won 5 games. I think this is really year 1
You can "meh" all you want, but Ed O's LSU team went 10-4 in the SEC their first two seasons (Miles coached 2 of the SEC games in 2016) while Morris is currently 0-9 in SEC play -- and likely will be 0-16.  So comparing them and him to Arkansas and Morris is just plan WRONG and misleading at best!

LRHawg

Our situations aren't even close to comparable. Besides, even the supreme cajun himself was at least smart enough to go hire good assistants.

Tantor

Apples and Oranges. LSU still finished in the Top 20 that season and Top 15 in Coach O's first season. Morris lost to a 3-9 midmajor. At least Troy was 11-2.

Hawg_E_Style

Quote from: LRHawg on September 08, 2019, 12:04:10 am
Our situations aren't even close to comparable. Besides, even the supreme cajun himself was at least smart enough to go hire good assistants.

And you clearly didnt read my post. I said that if CCM doesnt get better assistants it wont matter. Look at ole miss....they upgraded their coaching staff and improved as a team.

Morris has to do the same, soon, or he will be gone by 2020

STLhawg

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 12:15:32 am
And you clearly didnt read my post.
Oh, we all read it.  You compared LSU's first two years under Ed O to what Arkansas is going through -- and several of us have explained that is just plan wrong and many levels!  You obviously refuse to admit your folly or have comprehension issues.

SeldomHere

Well, when we get LSU's roster I expect to be in the Top 10.
All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else.

Hawg_E_Style

Quote from: STLhawg on September 08, 2019, 12:28:41 am
Oh, we all read it.  You compared LSU's first two years under Ed O to what Arkansas is going through -- and several of us have explained that is just plan wrong and many levels!  You obviously refuse to admit your folly or have comprehension issues.

Orgeron had a complete roster when he took over. No excuse for losing some of those games, but they did.

Chad, despite his incompetence, is dealing with a complete rebuild.

Still, he has brought in a great class of freshmen last year. He may mismanage them into oblivion and is well on his way to doing so, but improvements can be made.

He isnt going to be fired this season, so may as well hope for the best.

STLhawg

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 12:47:16 am
He isnt going to be fired this season, so may as well hope for the best.
I have never called for him to be fired this season, and have even stated he should get at least three.  But LSU losing one game to Troy (who went 11-2 that season) while going 10-4 in the SEC in the first two seasons under Ed O is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like what Morris is doing here -- so bringing that up as some kind of justification is just plain wrong.

Hawg_E_Style

Quote from: STLhawg on September 08, 2019, 12:59:02 am
I have never called for him to be fired this season, and have even stated he should get at least three.  But LSU losing one game to Troy (who went 11-2 that season) while going 10-4 in the SEC in the first two seasons under Ed O is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like what Morris is doing here -- so bringing that up as some kind of justification is just plain wrong.

Im not trying to say the teams are on similar levels or that Morris is going a good job. Its more of an observation that darn happens, and you cant overreact.

Besides, shouldnt you be on SECrant? You are noticeably absent......

PorkSoda

And you clearly didnt read my post. I said that if CCM doesnt get better assistants it wont matter. Look at ole miss....they upgraded their coaching staff and improved as a team.

lol, its not the assistants, its morris.  he is incapable of competing at the D1 level.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

STLhawg

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 01:45:49 am
Im not trying to say the teams are on similar levels or that Morris is going a good job. Its more of an observation that darn happens, and you cant overreact.
You are comparing one "bad night" that LSU had (against a team that went 11-2) to repeated poor showings by Arkansas under Morris.  Apples to Oranges...

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 01:45:49 am
Besides, shouldnt you be on SECrant? You are noticeably absent......
What you talkin' about Willis?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yep let's compare fluke wins, individual missteps or gaffes that a new HC makes to a pattern of continual ineptitude. Like someone already said apples to oranges.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg_E_Style

So our minds are made up??

When do we fire him? Who pays the buyout?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 02:27:40 am
So our minds are made up??

When do we fire him? Who pays the buyout?
end of the year, and you do.

however, ideally we wait until after signing day, he has a pretty good recruiting class shaping up.  just need a coach capable of doing something with it.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawg_E_Style

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 08, 2019, 02:28:12 am
end of the year, and you do.

however, ideally we wait until after signing day, he has a pretty good recruiting class shaping up.  just need a coach capable of doing something with it.

Ill put my $20 bucks in I guess. When do we start the GoFundMe for Mike Norvell?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 02:34:33 am
Ill put my $20 bucks in I guess. When do we start the GoFundMe for Mike Norvell?
just send it to me, I'll take care of it. 

I think we need to find a hogvillian in memphis to start laying the ground work, cause morris isn't going to survive this year.

LumberBacks

I wouldn't go quite so far to anoint Ole Miss as improved.  They lost to a G5 last week and beat the equivalent of a FCS team this week.  As for the "mehs" ... Rich Rod.

To your point about CCMs assistants, particularly offensive assistants - there was much fan concern that he packed the van for all of them at SMU and relocated them here.  They are woefully inexperienced at the the G5/P5 level.  CCMs challenge is that he wants to run "his" RPO offense and if he brings in a Rich Rod, he will have to likely abandon some of that if he give the OC proper authority over the offense.  He has mentored Craddock so Craddock runs what Morris wants in an offense.  It's another question as to what the Morris offense is b/c it looks more like disarray for the second straight year.

hawgsalot

Good grief LSU had a good team that O inherited, no question it wasn't hard to right that ship.  I see us more like Texas when Herman took over, even with all those 5 stars they were freaking horrible in a weak as conference.  Watching them a few years later and wow you can tell he's got his players and gave LSU all they wanted.  I hope this is Morris's path but it's to early to tell.  All these fire Morris threads are dumb from a dumb ass fans.  At the end of the year if we haven't improved then sure go for it but week 2 after an SEC road lose, nah way to early.

woodhog14

And isnt this essentially year 1 under Morris?? Last year was essentially a mulligan. That sad, CM has to make some changes. These assistants arent going to cut it. He needs top SEC level coordinators to compete. Look what Luke did at Ole Miss....went and hired two previous head coaches as coordinators.

Full disclosure: Im not a Morris lover. I was pissed when he was hired because he has done nothing at SMU. The mistakes he made last year against Colorado St and now mismanaging Starkel and Hicks is a VERY BAD look, and so far he has proven me right that he isnt an SEC level coach.

BUT: He has recruited very well and the team is very young. If he can get some better coaches in here, maybe we can make some noise. Firing him now is the worst thing we can do, unfortunately.

Hopefully Morris is smart enough to figure out that we need to trim down the offense and focus on what we can do and do it right.

The rest of the year will be ugly. We arent gonna make a bowl. We arent gonna win a conference game. Still, I would hate to fire him now. It will only get worse from here Im afraid. Hold that rope.

Worst comparison ever. Lost to Troy, but hey also ended up with 9 wins and went 6-2 in the SEC. We have a 13 game SEC losing streak going on 20.

Oda Hamunaga

Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 08, 2019, 02:34:33 am

I've already got one going for the best coach in the country. Chris Klieman.