Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last two weeks of Raw

Started by jbell96, September 02, 2014, 11:02:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

The last two weeks have been putrid. They gave fans what they wanted on Summerslam, and the Raw after, not surprisingly just in time for subscription renewals, but have been beyond awful since then. The majority of the last two weeks, I have fast forwarded through the show. The Bella stuff is beyond terrible & Cena as the Anti Authority guy just seems so forced.

One thing I did find hilarious last night was Cena holding up the wrong side of the sign he borrowed from a fan at the end of the show.

who knows

I didn't watch a single second last night I just deleted it
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Boared Stiff

At least Reigns isn't getting buried completely.

The_Iceman

hogsanity

what they should be worried about is people like my 11 year old, he turned Summer Slam off BEFORE the Lesnar match ( said he knew Lesnar was going to win ) and has not watched RAw, Smackdown, or any other WWE show since then. We dvr them, but when I ask him if he wants to watch, he says " No, you can erase it.".   This from a kid that has a room full of wrestling stuff.  So of course if he isn't watching, no one in our house is watching.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hvsupastar

Over and over and over and over again they try to recreate some sort of Austin mcmahon storyline. Whether it's punk vs Johnny ace or Cena vs HHH, just let it go. Create something sort of new or at least old rehash
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BigSexyHog

Been bad for a real long time and hard to believe it's getting worse but it is...lol
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jbell96

Quote from: hvsupastar on September 03, 2014, 10:30:44 pm
Over and over and over and over again they try to recreate some sort of Austin mcmahon storyline. Whether it's punk vs Johnny ace or Cena vs HHH, just let it go. Create something sort of new or at least old rehash

Exactly. Cena vs the Authority/Corporation is so forced. Nobody is buying it at all. Sadly, this seems to happen every year, after Summerslam there is a lull in the shows up until Survivor Series. It also doesn't help that Dean Ambrose was on fire, and really connecting with the crowd, but had to leave for 2 weeks to shoot a straight to DVD movie.

And Jerry Springer is going to be on Raw this coming Monday for the Bellas segment. Hopefully they are realizing how dumb this angle is & going to go the so bad it's funny comedy route.

hogsanity

Quote from: jbell96 on September 04, 2014, 09:36:12 am
Exactly. Cena vs the Authority/Corporation is so forced. Nobody is buying it at all. Sadly, this seems to happen every year, after Summerslam there is a lull in the shows up until Survivor Series. It also doesn't help that Dean Ambrose was on fire, and really connecting with the crowd, but had to leave for 2 weeks to shoot a straight to DVD movie.

And Jerry Springer is going to be on Raw this coming Monday for the Bellas segment. Hopefully they are realizing how dumb this angle is & going to go the so bad it's funny comedy route.

That's what I miss when I do watch with my kid, the totally absurd stuff.  Of course I grew up on WCCW with characters like the great Kabuki, JYD, and Koko B Ware and his parrot.

There just don't seem to be that many great characters anymore. Even someone goofy like Santino was, even though he was a pretty good wrestler, makes a 3 hour show better.  And it does not have to be the crap like in the attitude era either. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Eddie Goodson

The Bellas angle is being done for three reasons. 1 is to push Total Divas. 2 is to keep Daniel Bryan's name relevant. 3 is to keep Stephanie elevated as one of the top heels in the business. I am fine with the whole thing.

The one thing I do not like is the continual pattern of feeding the biggest wrestlers to Rusev as fodder. I cannot stand to see Mark Henry and Big Show continually jobbed out. It just is not realistic.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 04, 2014, 10:30:19 am
I cannot stand to see Mark Henry and Big Show continually jobbed out. It just is not realistic.

Is it realistic to think that either one of those 2 would ever lose clean, unless it was maybe to Kane? 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hogsanity on September 04, 2014, 10:33:20 am
Is it realistic to think that either one of those 2 would ever lose clean, unless it was maybe to Kane? 
Kane is another I just can't swallow losing.

You're right and them getting beat clean should be rare and special. It's not anymore. I would like to see this new idea of them as a dominate tag team run with as they wind down their careers.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbell96

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 04, 2014, 10:30:19 am
The Bellas angle is being done for three reasons. 1 is to push Total Divas. 2 is to keep Daniel Bryan's name relevant. 3 is to keep Stephanie elevated as one of the top heels in the business. I am fine with the whole thing.

The one thing I do not like is the continual pattern of feeding the biggest wrestlers to Rusev as fodder. I cannot stand to see Mark Henry and Big Show continually jobbed out. It just is not realistic.

Well you have 2 out of 3 right on the Bellas angle. I'm not sure how Daniel Bryan is being kept relevant with crappy acting by his wife & her sister. The angle is terrible & does nothing other than make people fast forward their DVR or change the channel.

To me, Rusev really hasn't had a feud with anyone of relevance yet. Swagger was treated as mid card fodder before he had his angle with Rusev. Despite losing those matches, he's much more credible and over than he was before that feud. And how are Henry & Show being jobbed out? They haven't lost since they came back.

After the backstage segment on Raw, I think we will see Show vs Henry soon, as they teased an issue with Show not liking Mark going after Rusev instead of focusing on their team.

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 04, 2014, 10:39:24 am
Kane is another I just can't swallow losing.

You're right and them getting beat clean should be rare and special. It's not anymore. I would like to see this new idea of them as a dominate tag team run with as they wind down their careers.

The real problem they have right now is that all of the big men are just about done.  Age and injuries are closing in fast on Show, Henry and Kane. Khali can barely move in the ring, and is just painful to watch.  As for Rusev, I don't even know if he can really wrestle. One of the last shows we watched, he whiffed on two kicks, and I mean flat out missed by a foot whiffed.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: jbell96 on September 04, 2014, 10:45:16 am
Well you have 2 out of 3 right on the Bellas angle. I'm not sure how Daniel Bryan is being kept relevant with crappy acting by his wife & her sister. The angle is terrible & does nothing other than make people fast forward their DVR or change the channel.

To me, Rusev really hasn't had a feud with anyone of relevance yet. Swagger was treated as mid card fodder before he had his angle with Rusev. Despite losing those matches, he's much more credible and over than he was before that feud. And how are Henry & Show being jobbed out? They haven't lost since they came back.

After the backstage segment on Raw, I think we will see Show vs Henry soon, as they teased an issue with Show not liking Mark going after Rusev instead of focusing on their team.
Notice that he is mentioned in every interaction. They are keeping his name on the minds of the fans.

Here is script from Monday night.
http://imgur.com/a/6CXSR

jbell96

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 04, 2014, 11:02:16 am
Notice that he is mentioned in every interaction. They are keeping his name on the minds of the fans.

Here is script from Monday night.
http://imgur.com/a/6CXSR

I saw the script via reddit earlier this morning.

If you read my post, I never said they weren't trying to keep his name out there with this angle, my point is they are doing an awful job at it. When the Bellas are on TV, people are changing the channel in droves or not paying attention. Ratings were well below a 3.0 for a 2nd consecutive week and that isn't good for them since MNF starts in 4 days. They will probably blame the holiday weekend, but the last 4 labor day Raw episodes have been over a 3, so that argument doesn't hold water.

You are the only person I know that is okay with the angle. Steph doesn't need this angle to be a great heel, she can do it in whatever storyline she's involved in. I'm not a fan of her as a writer, but her on camera heel persona is top notch.

Eddie Goodson

You cannot fully look at ratings for Labor Day. That is a bad ratings day every year.

Doug

Quote from: Eddie Goodson3 is to keep Stephanie elevated as one of the top heels in the business. I am fine with the whole thing.
WWE royally screwed up by allowing Vicki Guererro to become a face. NO ONE does a better heel female than she did... something that is sorely lacking amongst today's Divas. The next best ACTIVE female that does heel/face almost as well is AJ Lee. She's being coached up somewhere by either Vicki or Lita/Trish Stratus or one of the others that did the heel role well.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Eddie Goodson

Vicki is epic no doubt. Steph is too when she will just go full out heel this oscolating back and forth is confusing. When she goes all out she is as good of a heel as there has been in a long time.

jbell96

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 04, 2014, 02:06:08 pm
You cannot fully look at ratings for Labor Day. That is a bad ratings day every year.

Let's play Devil's Advocate and say the 2.81 rating was because of Labor Day, it wasn't, rating was a 2.88 the week before without a holiday to blame. Care to explain that away?

Bottom line is, people hate the Bellas story line & tune out because of it. Bringing in Jerry Springer for it this week just proves how stupid it is.

who knows

You can add this week's raw tp the list...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

hvsupastar

How many times are we going to let them get away with stuff that doesn't make since. Randy Orton said he was going to do something tho Reigns that made Rollins curb stomping Ambrose head into cinder blocks look weak..... And all he did was  lower the steel cage
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln