Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Evolution vs. The Shield

Started by acey33, April 29, 2014, 08:51:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

acey33

This match-up is going to get interesting. Who you got?

Eddie Goodson

The Cena/Wyatt feud is excellent. Last night was a memorable moment and Bray Wyatt is already near the top of the bisiness with a mic in his hands. Imo, that is the best feud going today. The Shield/Evo is a very close second. I become a bigger Reigns mark everytime I see him wrestle.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

RD

The Wyatt/Cena feud is so interesting and so well written it's hard to wrap my mind around it. Last night was off the charts.

hvsupastar

Boy that was a really hurried way to put Ric Flair on RAW for no apparent reason at all. I'm going to say Evolution wins Sunday, the payoff for them will come at Summer Slam
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 29, 2014, 07:32:00 pm
Boy that was a really hurried way to put Ric Flair on RAW for no apparent reason at all.

They had to drag him out of the bar.

acey33

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on April 30, 2014, 02:39:20 am
They had to drag him out of the bar.

lol...It did appear he may have had a few drinks

DeltaBoy

Cena needs to get the Undertaker to have his back.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

The shield hasn't got a chance if HHH is involved. Wrestling may be fake, but his ego ain't.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hvsupastar

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 02, 2014, 12:43:49 pm
Cena needs to get the Undertaker to have his back.

If the streak was going to end, Cena should have did it. Hulk Hogan type heel turn. He literally would have been the most hated of all time
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 29, 2014, 07:32:00 pm
Boy that was a really hurried way to put Ric Flair on RAW for no apparent reason at all. I'm going to say Evolution wins Sunday, the payoff for them will come at Summer Slam
Flair is the swerve. He will show up at Elim Chamber, screw over the Shield and join Evolution as they stand over them. See it coming from a mile away.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbell96

Guys, Flair will not be at the PPV this weekend. He is not scheduled. He was so drunk on Monday that he forgot what he said when he was interviewed on the post Raw show. Batista is taking time off after the PPV to promote his movie so I have a feeling the Shield goes over and he takes the fall.

Per pwinsider.com

Currently, Batista is slated to work the Extreme Rules PPV and be at the WWE Raw and Smackdown tapings in Albany, NY and Buffalo, NY.

As of this writing, those are his final scheduled appearances for some time with WWE as he will be doing marketing and promotion for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Big Papa Satan

IIRC: Flair's last two WWE events: drunk both times.

Will there be a third?

Big Papa Satan

jbcarol

May 05, 2014, 07:20:51 am #13 Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:49:24 am by jbcarol

Steve KISW @stp999
Still blown away by what @WWERollins just did! #ExtremeRules #sethrollins @WWENetwork #balconydive

Recap

Thanks Doug, for the catch on the link!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Eddie Goodson

Put me in the Batista has not been worth the trouble group. He has added nothing to WWE since his return. He is easily the most overhyped maineventer of the last fifteen years. He ranks below Goldberg at the bottom of the usefulness list.

jbell96

Shield vs Evolution easily lived up to the hype last night. Just an all out brawl that ended the way it should have, with Batista on his back after a Reigns spear. That said, I really am digging the new Evolution t-shirts.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on May 05, 2014, 09:39:08 am
Put me in the Batista has not been worth the trouble group. He has added nothing to WWE since his return. He is easily the most overhyped maineventer of the last fifteen years. He ranks below Goldberg at the bottom of the usefulness list.

Goldberg at least has a big following

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on May 05, 2014, 09:39:08 am

I don't know why so much hate for Goldberg. I get it that he ended Hart's career with a bad kick but Goldberg was a better in ring performer than he gets credits for.

The match he and DDP had is a classic.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on May 05, 2014, 02:22:21 pm
I don't know why so much hate for Goldberg. I get it that he ended Hart's career with a bad kick but Goldberg was a better in ring performer than he gets credits for.

I don't know how anyone can look positively at Goldberg in the ring and negatively at John Cena. Cena is 20 times the in ring guy Golberg was.

I do not like Golberg because he was dangerous. it is a miracle he did not cripple someone.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Richard_white on May 05, 2014, 02:22:21 pm

Fun fact: Goldberg was briefly knocked out in that match, and after coming to, was on queer street for the rest of it.  Page carried him through the finish.

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on May 05, 2014, 06:25:10 pm
I don't know how anyone can look positively at Goldberg in the ring and negatively at John Cena. Cena is 20 times the in ring guy Golberg was.

I do not like Golberg because he was dangerous. it is a miracle he did not cripple someone.

Really?  Mr Botch Cena? 

The difference between the two was WCW put Goldberg in a bad situation little training. 

9 years is too much.  That's right.  T-Shirts.  Funny thing is, just like Punk said, when you have 10-15 different color shirts, when you design a damn goat as your #1 shirt (Bryan) and when the company tries all its might to keep him as the #1, of course he is going to be the top guy.

Richard_white

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on May 05, 2014, 06:27:40 pm
Fun fact: Goldberg was briefly knocked out in that match, and after coming to, was on queer street for the rest of it.  Page carried him through the finish.

Queer Street?

Actually the ending was only a couple minutes later after Goldberg was knocked out.  Not sure how Paige carried him the rest of the way.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Richard_white on May 05, 2014, 06:42:44 pm
Queer Street?

Actually the ending was only a couple minutes later after Goldberg was knocked out.  Not sure how Paige carried him the rest of the way.

queer street
A term used to describe the condition of someone who just got clocked lovely, but is still barely standing somehow, or was knocked down and unwisely got back up. Marked by wobbly legs and a glazed over look in the eyes. Many men have been sent here courtesy of Mike Tyson (see Michael Spinks in 1988). Has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

They'd had a close 2 7/8ths count planned after Page hit the cutter, but Goldberg just kicked out at 2.  Page found out backstage that Goldberg didn't remember any of it.

Page tells the story in one of Austin's podcasts.  Had to tell Bill to hit the jackhammer here, do this, etc.

hogsanity

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 02, 2014, 12:49:56 pm
The shield hasn't got a chance if HHH is involved. Wrestling may be fake, but his ego ain't.

Really?  Look at the last 3 years and all of HHH's most high profile matches.  Dropped 2 to UT at wrestlemanias. Dropped one to Lesnar at a PPV.  Had Lesnar "break" his arm on raw.  Lost to DB this year at WM this year.

This whole evolution re-do was just a way to keep Batista on the card, because his return has been a disaster. Also, needed some way to keep Orton relevant.  His feud with DB had run it's course, and right now there is no one for him to feud with.  Eventually he will run a program with Reigns.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Eddie Goodson

HHH has done an excellent job putting over talent the last two years. He fully understands this is about to be his company and he is doing a good job preparing talent for the future. Three years ago the WWE was in a mess. The pipeline for future stars was void. NXT has fixed that and HHH is directly responsible for its success.

Once upon a time I would have said he wouldn't let his ego put over new talent but that has changed. Honestly, I think Ric Flair finally rubbed off on him and taught him how to be a proper heel. Heel get people over. It's what they do.

zane

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on May 07, 2014, 01:35:36 pm
HHH has done an excellent job putting over talent the last two years. He fully understands this is about to be his company and he is doing a good job preparing talent for the future. Three years ago the WWE was in a mess. The pipeline for future stars was void. NXT has fixed that and HHH is directly responsible for its success.

Once upon a time I would have said he wouldn't let his ego put over new talent but that has changed. Honestly, I think Ric Flair finally rubbed off on him and taught him how to be a proper heel. Heel get people over. It's what they do.

This
RIP LSUfan

hvsupastar

They said HHH has a direct video line to the nxt gym he can watch at any time. If that's not dedication. Not to mention the pressure it gives talent to work hard

TheRazorback500

The sledgehammer takes it to a new level. Payback's gonna be a WAR!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

TheRazorback500

New member of Evolution? The beginning of Reigns' solo career? What about Ambrose? Stay tuned.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jbell96

The follow up next week will be the key to the success of this angle. I didn't like the turn at first, because of the shock, but I'm intrigued now. Whether you agree with the turn or not, it got people talking, and that is exactly what WWE wanted.`

Eddie Goodson

Just watched it. It was unexpected for sure, but I think I like it. It immediately elevated Rollins, I think. Rollins and Orton will work very well together as a tag team. Lots of potential for sure.

jbell96

As long as Rollins is treated as an equal & not a lackey for HHH and Orton, then this should work out nicely. Friend of mine said the only time he heard stunned silence like that was after Taker lost.

Richard_white

I don't care for it.  I'd rather have Sheamus heel turn and join evolution.  I do not like a face Sheamus.

TheRazorback500

IMO Sheamus doesn't fit in with Evolution. He could turn heel and go after the belts when Bryan is cleared.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

zane

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 03, 2014, 07:50:04 pm
IMO Sheamus doesn't fit in with Evolution. He could turn heel and go after the belts when Bryan is cleared.

I agree with this. I think a Sheamus turn is coming but he doesn't fit with Evolution. This will give Rollins a big boost and this signals the beginning of a big RR push.
RIP LSUfan

Doug

I don't think we're done with the turns. Reigns is positioned for a HUGE face push right now... just need Ambrose to turn on him, as well.  I think we just might see that happen sooner, rather than later.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

who knows

They don't dare move some one into the shield do they?
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Doug

Not if they're trying to push Roman, no. They need to break him off completely and let him go at it alone. Have the new faction as Haich, Orton, Rollins and Ambrose, but increase Rollins' role. Have all four of 'em go after Reigns.
--Doug

Richard_white

Yeah look for another swerve at the PPV.

hogsanity

Alot will have to do with Bryans health. If he is going to be out much past MITB, it may accelerate Reigns push as the fans will really back him, although not to the level we have seen with DB the last 6-8 months.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbell96

Steph's announcement on Monday was legit. If DB can't go at MITB, the MITB match will be for the title.

hogsanity

Quote from: jbell96 on June 04, 2014, 12:50:52 pm
Steph's announcement on Monday was legit. If DB can't go at MITB, the MITB match will be for the title.

Very well may be, but if it is, do they give it to a heel to hold until DB can come back?  Don't see it going back to Orton, Batista is gone. Doubt they would put it on HHH, too soon for Ceasaro or Reigns, and no real way to put it on Cena, AGAIN,.

SwinerBock

If anyone would have went heel, I thought for sure it would have been Ambrose, not Rollins.  Furthermore, what was up with Ambrose receiving most of the beatdown from Rollins, rather than Reigns?  An injury angle, maybe?

jbell96

Quote from: SwinerBock on June 04, 2014, 03:37:58 pm
If anyone would have went heel, I thought for sure it would have been Ambrose, not Rollins.  Furthermore, what was up with Ambrose receiving most of the beatdown from Rollins, rather than Reigns?  An injury angle, maybe?

You see the pic of Reigns' back? He caught it worse than Ambrose did by the look of it.

Richard_white

Rollins unloaded on Ambrose. It reminded me of Rock/Mankind I quit match.  Or Austin/Rock WrestleMania chair shots.  It was good.

SwinerBock

Quote from: jbell96 on June 04, 2014, 04:32:16 pm
You see the pic of Reigns' back? He caught it worse than Ambrose did by the look of it.

Just goin by the video.  Rollins gave Reigns 2, maybe 3, chair shots.  Rollins freakin broke the chair beating Ambrose.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: SwinerBock on June 04, 2014, 03:37:58 pm
I took it to mean he was taking out Ambrose and he left Reigns for Orton. Orton focused on Reigns when he took the ring.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 04, 2014, 07:21:52 pm
I took it to mean he was taking out Ambrose and he left Reigns for Orton. Orton focused on Reigns when he took the ring.
Good point. Like sizes tend to fight each other in these types of feuds. Sets up a new Evolution where Rollins is the quickness, Orton is the power and HHH can sit back and egg it all on. Remains to be seen whether Ambrose and Reigns stay together as a team.
Do you wanna get Rocked?