Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim "Ultimate Warrior" Helwig passes away today...

Started by Doug, April 08, 2014, 10:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Bebop

He was at the WWE Hall of Fame the other night. Wow! Life goes by fast.

rhog1

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Sooie71923

Very strange. 

He was one of the greats when wrestling was great.

Richard_white

Oh man I was hoping that this was a hoax.  I never was much of a Warrior fan but dang I was 15 years old watching Warrior and Sting for the first time as the Blade Runners (Justice and Flash).

My prayers go out to his family.

RIP Warrior!

pigsooie4life

He was my favorite wrestler growing up. I don't even watch wrestling much anymore, but I watched Raw last night specifically bc I saw a promo while flipping channels that said he was going to be on there. Amazing how fast life can go by.

Big Papa Satan

His monologue on Raw the other night only becomes even more strange. 

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

who knows

They are saying natural causes right now...RIP Warrior
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

jbcarol

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife. 

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Warrior posed for some pics at the airport in New Orleans around 6am this morning.  We're told he was in great spirits and offered to take photos with any fan who approached him.

(Fan picture included at link)

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultimate-warrior-dead-dies-wwe
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HoggyCat

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2014, 12:57:47 am
His monologue on Raw the other night only becomes even more strange.

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he told the crowd. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever.
"I am the Ultimate Warrior, you are the Ultimate Warrior fans and the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever."
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Boll Hawg

Horrible news.  He was always one of my favs!  He and I actually exchanged some e-mails a few years back, which I will treasure even more now.  It'll be interesting to see what the actual cause of death is.   
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

DeltaBoy

Great Wrester and Wow gone way to soon only 54 and he looked Great Monday Night.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoggyCat on April 09, 2014, 07:22:32 am
"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he told the crowd. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever.
"I am the Ultimate Warrior, you are the Ultimate Warrior fans and the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever."

few get to eulogize themselves, but it is almost like he did. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hvsupastar

He looked in such great shape and good spirits too. This caught me off guard last night. It seemed like personally devastating or something seeing as he went from 18 years off tv to HOF, WM, RAW and then....wow
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Mick Hogger

One of the strangest things to ever happen in pro wrestling. A pariah for years, a dvd about his "self destruction", then amends and welcomed back and made the feature of the HOF.

So sad his 2 little girls got to experience the thrill of a lifetime as their dad was recognized and celebrated for days and then gone in a heartbeat as soon as it was over.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

acey33

DeltaBoy

Jim

One of my all-time faves.  It was eerie to hear him give that speech Monday night and to see it come full-circle 24 hrs later.  I just wonder if he knew instinctively that his time was coming...or maybe he had an undisclosed condition that only he knew of and used this past year to make peace with the WWE and thankfully, be able to do it before he died last night.  Either way, it's tragic and sad that yet another childhood hero has passed on.

RIP, Warrior.

Hog1966

One of my favorite wrestlers when I first seriously started following the sport.

My prayers to his family.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

DeltaBoy

Sorry folks but it JUST SUCKS to see an in shape 54 year old man on Monday be dead less than 48 hours later.

Boll Hawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 10, 2014, 08:43:49 am
Sorry folks but it JUST SUCKS to see an in shape 54 year old man on Monday be dead less than 48 hours later.

Man, he looked rough on Monday Night Raw.  It's been well documented how out of breath, sweaty, and distant he was over the Wrestlemania weekend.  Did you see his weak attempt to shake the ropes on Raw?  Something was seriously wrong with the guy.   

HogScoutMaster

I just now found out about this... I know I live in a HOLE.

DAMN !!!!
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

The_Bionic_Pig

Really hurt Bautista...he had finally got to tell him that him (Bautista) shaking the ropes was in homage of the Ultimate Warrior.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boll Hawg on April 10, 2014, 09:21:34 am
Man, he looked rough on Monday Night Raw.  It's been well documented how out of breath, sweaty, and distant he was over the Wrestlemania weekend.  Did you see his weak attempt to shake the ropes on Raw?  Something was seriously wrong with the guy.   

I did not see the show only still pictures and he looked like a 54 year old man who was in good shape.

DeltaBoy

Hogwop

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 11, 2014, 09:30:18 am
I did not see the show only still pictures and he looked like a 54 year old man who was in good shape.

He was definitely out of breath and sweating a ton. I was surprised he didnt run out to the ring, because he did LOOK healthy,  until I saw him do his promo and it was clear he was having some problems.
Pigga what?!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogwop on April 11, 2014, 02:07:13 pm
He was definitely out of breath and sweating a ton. I was surprised he didnt run out to the ring, because he did LOOK healthy,  until I saw him do his promo and it was clear he was having some problems.

Sad to see that now.

Hogwop

Nice little homage and moment of silence for Warrior to start off RAW tonight
Pigga what?!

DeltaBoy

pigture perfect

Really sad news. One of the best physiques in wrestling. Just a beast.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Doug

Thread cleaned up. No more steroid discussion in this thread, please.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hvsupastar

Quote from: Doug "Bear" Hazard on April 16, 2014, 01:45:14 pm

Sorry 

In other news Sting made his first appearance on WWE Network for Warrior week. Wonder if that means the ink is dry on his contract
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Doug "Bear" Hazard on April 16, 2014, 01:45:14 pm

Brad Armstrong died from heart disease at 51.  Don't know why that was deleted.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Doug

Cause it was tied in with the steroid stuff (via a quote, I believe)
--Doug

PorkRinds

Boll Hawg

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 16, 2014, 03:10:09 pm
In other news Sting made his first appearance on WWE Network for Warrior week. Wonder if that means the ink is dry on his contract

It's been rumored that he'd make the jump for years.  I'm not getting my hopes up until his music hits and we see him make his actual appearance.   

DeltaBoy

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 22, 2014, 10:39:44 am
Sad to see Collin Cowheard bash the Warrior.

The warrior was a world class dbag.  I wouldn't call it sad as much as I would truthful.

Eddie Goodson

I was just able to finally watch the WWE special on the Warrior. I am not ashamed to say I wept. My heart went out to Vince and HHH. Man that was tough on everyone of them. To go from the heights and joys of reconciliation to the depths of grief in just over 24 hours.

In some ways this whole deal digs up personal memories for me and I guess that is part of what makes it tough to watch. I saw my grandfather do some of the same type reconciliation and then die only a couple days later myself.

I can't help but wonder if the WWE releasing so much personal, real life stuff isn't going to do harm to the grand illusion that is pro wrestling in the end. When you able to separate a man from his character, it makes them less believable. It is compelling to watch but it may end up being counterproductive.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

acey33

He was 1 of my favorites back in the day. I remember Warrior and Sting teaming up a long time ago as The Blade Runners. They were with Mid South I think...Cowboy Bill Watts

Eddie Goodson

His heart stopped. That is the only thing anyone can say with any certainty.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

DeltaBoy

Quote from: acey33 on April 29, 2014, 09:17:40 am
He was 1 of my favorites back in the day. I remember Warrior and Sting teaming up a long time ago as The Blade Runners. They were with Mid South I think...Cowboy Bill Watts

Yes they were the Blade Runners and a tough tag team.