Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestlemania XXX Thread

Started by jbcarol, April 06, 2014, 05:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Jim on April 07, 2014, 10:52:57 am
Agreed!  For 50 years old, he looked pretty good.  Major props to hanging on as long as he did and for all intents & purposes, doing it the right way.

However, how do you explain a beefalo like Boo-tees-tah?  That guy gets winded coming down the ramp?  LOL

The whole Batista return has been a train wreck.  Old, slow, and they had him set up to take the belts when 99% of the fans wanted DB to win them.  At least WWE was smart enough to change it.  Can you imagine had UT lost AND Db not won the belts?  The fans might have actually torn the superdome down. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogwop

So I missed all of Mania. Already know the results of everything. Would any of ya'll say it was worth watching?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Richard_white

There was no legitamacy to take Undertaker 's stresk other than Lesnar. Let someone like Cesaro or Reigns end the streak?  Then after the streak they can't get over. Then you have someone who ended the streak and couldnt get over.

But no matter who or why the streak is over. It was the Undertaker's call. Why get upset at Brock?  Undertaker wanted this.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogwop on April 07, 2014, 12:14:11 pm
So I missed all of Mania. Already know the results of everything. Would any of ya'll say it was worth watching?

My 11 yr old is really into it, so I watch it with him.  We have the network, so it did not cost $60+ this year.  It was decent. The first 30 mins was Hogan, The Rock, and SCSA standing in the ring talking. 

DB/HHH match was pretty good.  Although it was pretty clear Db was going to win.

Shield match was weak.  Also only lasted about 7 mins I think.

Cena/Wyatt was good.  Although the whole Wyatt thing is going to grow stale if we don't get more background on why he is like he is.

UT/Lesnar was not great, and not because the streak ended.  UT still looked decent against CM Punk last year, but another year has taken alot of his mobility, and he looked like what he is, a 48 yr old big man that has taken a beating for the better part of 30 years. Until proven otherwise I think he was supposed to lose because he is done. I mean he has only done, I think, 6 matches in the last 3 years, 3 at the last 3 manias, a house show in Feb of 2013, and a couple matches right after Wm in 2013. Now, without the streak, there is no reason for him to hang around, unless it is to work some angle with Sting, but really, the time for that to be any good at all has long since passed. 

Divas match?  Really what was the point of having it right between UT match and the triple threat title match.

triple threat match.  It was pretty good, especially Orton/Db part.  Batista just does not have it anymore. He is slower, fans don't like him, and you just knew once the match was changed to a triple threat, Batista was not going to win.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Richard_white on April 07, 2014, 12:56:48 pm
There was no legitamacy to take Undertaker 's stresk other than Lesnar. Let someone like Cesaro or Reigns end the streak?  Then after the streak they can't get over. Then you have someone who ended the streak and couldnt get over.

But no matter who or why the streak is over. It was the Undertaker's call. Why get upset at Brock?  Undertaker wanted this.

That was my thinking. Why take a young guy and make him hated by beating UT.  Want the guy to be a heel, fine, have him have a feud with someone he can feud with, not by ending the streak, knowing UT is not going to do a long program with him. Want to give Reigns a push, have him feud with DB now that he has the belts.

As discussed, it had been rumored for years that UT wanted to end the streak, and some guys simply refused, Kane specifically, to do it.

Jim

Looking at it objectively, the Divas match did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Buffer the shock & awe of UT match by being a complete mess of inconsistency, with the crowd being able to get back into the mindset of the 3-way once AJ defended the title.  It was a battle royal w/out really being a battle royal.  Zero heat and intrigue, for the most part, other than the 2 Bella twins facing off for a moment.  However, it was enough "eye candy" to get folks back into a wrestling mindset and ramp back up for the inevitable crowning of DB as WWE champ.

Eddie Goodson

I can't believe the WWE foresaw that level of shock. I don't know how they could. 70k+ people silent.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2014, 02:38:02 pm
I can't believe the WWE foresaw that level of shock. I don't know how they could. 70k+ people silent.

There is a slammy coming out with one of the fans reactions.  It was priceless.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on April 07, 2014, 02:59:22 pm
There is a slammy coming out with one of the fans reactions.  It was priceless.
I'm still not sure the pop eyed black guy wasn't a plant.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

Patrick

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Boll Hawg

It's taken me a few days to calm down from Taker losing.  I honestly told my kid that if Taker lost to that cabbage patch look-alike I was quitting watching wrestling, cancelling the WWE Network, etc.  Well, I'm still upset about it but after watching the match I can understand the Taker wanting (choosing) to lose and possibly retire.  I sure just wish he had lost to someone else.  Anyone else...       
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

hogsanity

Quote from: Boll Hawg on April 08, 2014, 09:05:07 am
Well, I'm still upset about it but after watching the match I can understand the Taker wanting (choosing) to lose and possibly retire.  I sure just wish he had lost to someone else.  Anyone else...     

It just seems everyone was painted into a corner. IF, and I say IF, he did not want the streak to hang around another year, then they had to find someone that is pretty much reviled anyway to end it.  Too much time to set up a younger guy to have a reason to face him. It wasn't going to be Cena, Punk's not around, no one would have bought Wyatt winning clean, and no way would it would end except on a clean pin. Wasn't going to be HHH, since they went back to back ant 27 and 28.

Looking back, when it became clear he would face Lesnar, we should have seen it coming. Beating Lesnar meant nothing, there was no real angle, and they had not feuded for 10 years. 

I truly think he was going to lose to Punk last year, until Paul Bearer ( William Moody ) passed away.  They whole thing just fell into their laps.  It was so easy to have Punk rile up UT by disrespecting Paul. 

Jim

Quote from: hogsanity on April 08, 2014, 09:32:52 am
I truly think he was going to lose to Punk last year, until Paul Bearer ( William Moody ) passed away.  They whole thing just fell into their laps.  It was so easy to have Punk rile up UT by disrespecting Paul. 

Hard to argue this.  I concur.

Eddie Goodson

Punk winning made too much sense not to do it.

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 08, 2014, 10:52:08 am
Punk winning made too much sense not to do it.

It made sense, UNTIL Bearer died.  And, if we ever hear the whole story, my guess is the change in plan, from punk winning to losing, started the chain of events that finally drove punk to quit.

hvsupastar

Why Brock though I still can't make sense of it unless he is coming back full time. How is 22-1 with a Lesnar loss better than 22-0.

I guess from a realism perspective Brock is the only one who would be believable but since when did wwe care about realism
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hogsanity

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 08, 2014, 11:56:45 am
Why Brock though I still can't make sense of it unless he is coming back full time. How is 22-1 with a Lesnar loss better than 22-0.

I guess from a realism perspective Brock is the only one who would be believable but since when did wwe care about realism

I just look at who was available.  It had to be someone he had a history with. Kane apparently flat refused to end the streak on at least 1 if not 2 occasions, even though that is what UT wanted ( according to internet reports and we all know those are deadly accurate, wink, wink ). UT was not going to work a long story arc to develop something, so that ruled out all the young talent.

My take is UT wanted to end the streak, and Lesnar was the convenient, believable choice. Also, Lesnar had no angle with anyone else for WM either.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 08, 2014, 11:24:30 am
It made sense, UNTIL Bearer died.  And, if we ever hear the whole story, my guess is the change in plan, from punk winning to losing, started the chain of events that finally drove punk to quit.
Agreed. If he was told one thing and then had it all changed, it would explain alot of his actions and statements.

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 08, 2014, 01:14:58 pm
Agreed. If he was told one thing and then had it all changed, it would explain alot of his actions and statements.

It would be great to be a fly on the wall in the creative meetings, not to know what was coming up, but just to see process and how stuff has to get changed on the fly.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 08, 2014, 01:33:15 pm
It would be great to be a fly on the wall in the creative meetings, not to know what was coming up, but just to see process and how stuff has to get changed on the fly.
Problem is that Vince changes stuff on a whim. They can have things all worked through and approved only for him to scrap it and do something totally different.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 08, 2014, 08:15:31 pm
Problem is that Vince changes stuff on a whim. They can have things all worked through and approved only for him to scrap it and do something totally different.

And make no mistake about it, Vince is the one still calling the shots.

jbcarol

The Iron Sheik        ✔ @the_ironsheik
Follow Break my heart. I love you forever #RIPUltimateWarrior12:50 AM - 9 Apr 2014
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TomasPistola

After Warrior's speech on RAW it was spooky that he just died.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

Now being reported that it was Vince who wanted the streak ended and Taker had the brought onboard with it. The ref was told Taker would be going over hence the pause when Taker did not kick out.

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 11, 2014, 03:29:42 pm
Now being reported that it was Vince who wanted the streak ended and Taker had the brought onboard with it. The ref was told Taker would be going over hence the pause when Taker did not kick out.

I read that too. Report that no ending was written.  I wonder if UT decided in match he was done and told Lesnar to take it? 

jbcarol

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 06, 2014, 09:53:32 pm
Who are the girls?

Turns out it was Daniel Bryan's sister and her daughter.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2014, 05:23:31 am
Go back and watch the very first bump Taker took in the match. I think lesnar concussed him from the get go. Taker was in la la land the whole match. He should not have been in a match with a stiff wrestler at all. He should have been with someone they knew would take care of him.

Well, I now see he was. Spent the night in hospital but they are saying the result was what they wanted. Lesnar was supposed to go over. I think it may just have been a question of him doing it earlier than planned. It is very fishy that the betting odds went from 40-1 for the streak to Taker being an underdog late Sunday afternoon. Somebody was letting Vegas know Taker was going to lose. Betting on wrestling is about as stupid as you can get. A fool and his money....

Per Shawn Michaels on Ross' podcast a few weeks ago, Vince made up his mind for Brock to go over around four hours before the show.