Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has cancer....

Started by ThrillaHog, February 23, 2014, 11:42:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThrillaHog

TMZ broke the news....

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has a cancerous tumor behind his knee ... and the wrestler says it's slowly growing into his muscle -- so he needs emergency surgery to remove the growth.

Roberts tells TMZ ... he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar last month so he had it tested ... and on Friday doctors told him the test came back positive for cancer.

Jake says he's scheduled to go under the knife Tuesday morning ... and after a few weeks off -- he'll make his return to Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14th -- cancer, or not.

Jake adds, "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

As for his upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame ... the wrestler says nothing will stop him from getting to New Orleans for the ceremony.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: Hogwop on February 23, 2014, 11:48:54 am
Damn, Jake's been through a lot

Yeah he has, but at least he is in good spirits on this one.

myriad_rocker

Dude can't catch a break.  Good things happen and then bam.

hvsupastar

It's amazing to me that Guerrero had heart failure, Hawk had heart failure, but Jake who is older and ran harder has a healthy heart but unfortunately gets cancer. I will forever have all the respect for DDP for help turning things around for Jake and Scott Hall. Wish the accountability crib would have been around 20 years ago
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Big Papa Satan

If you're interested, DL the podcast chats Jericho had with Chavo.  They talk about soma pills - and Chavo's theory is that those are the big thing that kills a lot of the wrestlers.  It's a muscle relaxer, the heart's a muscle.  Take too many, and they'll stop the heart.

Time will tell if it works, but Page did a tremendous job getting Hall and Jake clean.  Jake's got a tough road ahead, but it's an easier one now that he's clean and sober.

hvsupastar

I've always thought the pain reliever have more to do with it then the steroids. The problem, IMO, it years of drug use particularly Cocoaine which can speed the heart up mixed with muscle relaxers which slow the heart down, mixed with steroids which I believe basically enhances the effects of both. The heart goes crazy. So yeah I tend to agree with Chavo and I have heard the podcast. I had no idea that Chavo was that close to Benoit. Chavo is a mentally tough dude to be able to still work and not be crazy.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hogwop

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 24, 2014, 12:10:47 am
If you're interested, DL the podcast chats Jericho had with Chavo.  They talk about soma pills - and Chavo's theory is that those are the big thing that kills a lot of the wrestlers.  It's a muscle relaxer, the heart's a muscle.  Take too many, and they'll stop the heart.

Time will tell if it works, but Page did a tremendous job getting Hall and Jake clean.  Jake's got a tough road ahead, but it's an easier one now that he's clean and sober.

The one thing I'd be concerned about, aside from the cancer obviously, is now that he's clean if the doctors prescribe pain pills he could fall back off again. Hopefully with DDP in his ear that won't be an issue but once an addict, always an addict. I'm not sure if Jake ever had problems with pain meds but being in wrestling it's easy to see that he could have. Regardless, I hope he beats this.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

jbcarol

Diamond Dallas Page @RealDDP  ·  Aug 28
My brother @JakeSnakeDDT is currently hospitalized & undergoing care; latest info http://buff.ly/XWzFXp  Please keep Jake in your prayers

Just spoke to @JakeSnakeDDT 's girlfriend, Jake is now conscious but still fading in and out. Please keep the prayers coming.

Retweeted by Diamond Dallas Page
Sinn Bodhi - Kizarny @SiNNbODHi  ·  Aug 28
With @JakeSnakeDDT at hospital, he's more worried about disappointing fans then getting better! We told him 2 shut up &beat this phnemonia!

Quote...Roberts has double pneumonia, and doctors have said that his lungs are filled with fluid and there is a mass on his brain.

Update: 6:10 pm ET ... Roberts is out of his coma, which lasted for nearly 24 hours.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

DeltaBoy

Hogwop

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 23, 2014, 11:23:22 pm
Wish the accountability crib would have been around 20 years ago
Just think of all the guys that might still be around if it had been..
Pigga what?!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogwop on October 04, 2014, 07:04:29 pm
Just think of all the guys that might still be around if it had been..

A TON DDP been doing some great work pulling these burning brands from the fire.