Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paramedics try to revive Owen Hart after his deadly fall on 5/23/1999

Started by IllinoisRazorbackFan, February 11, 2014, 01:10:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwop

Such a huge loss for the wrestling sports entertainment world. Owen was awesome. As great as Bret was, I always thought Owen could end up being better. Too bad we never got the chance to find out.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

IllinoisRazorbackFan

I went back and watched some of his matches, I didn't realize it when I was younger, but he really is one of the best wrestlers I ever saw.  He was big, could do the submissions , and was very athletic and could do the high flying stuff.

I've done extensive research into his death and the WWF was negligent. I don't see how nobody went to jail over it.

Hogwop

Yeah, I never realized just how good he was when I was younger either (so, I guess I didn't "always think"), it was after going back and watching a bunch of old episodes of RAW when his athleticism really stood out. The guy could flat out GO in the ring. He was a better talker than Bret too.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: Hogwop on February 11, 2014, 01:41:35 pm
Yeah, I never realized just how good he was when I was younger either (so, I guess I didn't "always think"), it was after going back and watching a bunch of old episodes of RAW when his athleticism really stood out. The guy could flat out GO in the ring. He was a better talker than Bret too.
Its sad because you can see where the ring is broken in the photo, and the camera man isn't even taking pictures, he's praying.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Hogwop

"If anyone smells what the Rock is cookin' it's me, look how big my damn nose is!"
Pigga what?!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

I started to watch that ppv today and stopped when I rwalized it was the one died on. It camr at a very piviol time in wwf. The McMahon/ Austin angle was in full swing when it happened. The WM the month before had The Brood all roping onto the HIAC to help Undertaker hang Boss Man. What an omen that proved to be.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

DeltaBoy

It hard to believe in a few more years it will have happened 20 years ago. 2019
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hogwop

Owen had all the tools to be one of the greats. If they Hadn't forced him to drop from up top he'd probably be one of the biggest names in wrasslin right now. Imagine the owen hart/undertaker match we probably would have ended up with
Pigga what?!

DeltaBoy

jbcarol

Jim Ross writes on the 15th anniversary of the death of Owen Hart

QuoteHard to believe that it's been 15 years since the most impactful day of my career occurred when Owen Hart fell to his death at the Over the Edge PPV WWE produced in Kansas City. There isn't a day that seemingly goes by that I don't think about Owen and that tragic accident in some way. I will never be able to write an autobiography without talking about that night and I dread going back and watching it to be able to better write about it. I have yet to see a single second of footage from that event to this very day. Hopefully, Owen will take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame some day and I can only hope that I am around to see it happen.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogwop

Pigga what?!