Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good analysis of today's Ark-Tennessee game (metrics)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 10, 2018, 12:03:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

alohawg

Let's just hope Macon and Barford both have their A game and his next article is analyzing a loss.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Lady Razorback

Lady Razorback

Quote from: alohawg on March 10, 2018, 12:17:42 pm
Let's just hope Macon and Barford both have their A game and his next article is analyzing a loss.

Agree.  I think Macon comes back today with a game worthy of him.  I think we improve our rim defense today compared to our last meeting, because I think Gafford is much more aware of how much we need him on the floor.  He avoids early foul trouble unlike the previous matchup and will be more effective in more minutes.  I like our chances today.   

RaisinHog

Ehh maybe I disagree with us not haveing a rim protector .. gafford is pretty good at that

Bacon_Bitz

Good breakdown of legit numbers but wow what obnoxious commentary

Breems

QuoteWe talked about catch-and-shoot threes in yesterday's article and how important it is to guard them. Arkansas hasn't done that at nearly the same rate as Tennessee. On the season, they've had a defender within four feet of 62.5% of these, but during their 8-2 streak, that's fallen to 56.5%

Where in the world do you get obscure stats like this?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Lady Razorback

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 10, 2018, 12:35:52 pm
Ehh maybe I disagree with us not haveing a rim protector .. gafford is pretty good at that

I was just responding to the analysis and rolling with their numbers.  I love Gafford and was in no way dissing him. 

RaisinHog

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 10, 2018, 12:44:05 pm
I was just responding to the analysis and rolling with their numbers.  I love Gafford and was in no way dissing him.

Naw i didn't take it that way .. just saying my thoughts on the article .. facts are we beat them once we can again

gmarv54

I think we match up well with them...........so we win.

jbigs77

I am not worried about Tenner, if we play to our ability I believe we can win. The keys for me is Gafford has to stay out of foul trouble. We need to drive and penetrate. Hit some outside 3s. CJ and Beard could help in this. Hopefully Macon and Barf are on.
A concern is we just played 2 late games, I hope our legs still have some energy. IF not we go home.

woodhog14

Quote from: gmarv54 on March 10, 2018, 01:05:03 pm
I don't think we match up well at all. Tennessee has a very good inside game. We just have Gafford. They are one of the SEC leaders in offensive rebounds. They out rebounded us by 7 earlier this year.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: gmarv54 on March 10, 2018, 01:05:03 pm
Tennessee is the most complete team in the conference. They're beatable, but it is a tough match up
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol