Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs upset Florida.I freaking love it

Started by forrest city joe, March 09, 2018, 10:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Hats off to our players and coaches on a great win.the hogs are a very good team. and Mike Anderson is an outstanding coach. and his teams always get better.he picked the perfect time to switch to the match up zone. that cut way down on FL threes.great win tonight for the program.I FREAKING LOVE IT! GO HOGS.

Dr. Starcs

The OTR

Hats off to you, Joseph.  You never lost faith in Mike or this team.  If I was in charge of hogville I'd throw you a freaking parade and rename this forum "Joe's place".

Lanny can we rename jump ball Joe's place for one day please in honor of this man who has fought against the stupidity of hogville all season?

Dirty

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jst01

Dark Helmet Hog

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgfan4life

98hogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 09, 2018, 10:59:24 pm
Hats off to our players and coaches on a great win.the hogs are a very good team. and Mike Anderson is an outstanding coach. and his teams always get better.he picked the perfect time to switch to the match up zone. that cut way down on FL threes.great win tonight for the program.I FREAKING LOVE IT! GO HOGS.
Defense !   Great win !

hoglady

We played a great game and tonight was a great coaching job by MA.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: jst01 on March 09, 2018, 11:06:09 pm
What a weird thing to say.

It was sincere. Joe has put up with a ton on this board.

skinnypig

Well said Joe Mike Anderson is doing a excellent  job managing this team ,getting guys rest, and making the right adjustments

razorpimp

Last nights game was won at the FT line and tonight's game was won by rebounding!  Great job

Hog N Bama

Love beatin them Gators!!! First football, now basketball. WPS!!!! Outplayed and out coached.

PonderinHog

forrest city joe

Guys we have ther right man for this job.remember after the Hogs lost at home to LSU by 21 points,and a lot of folks on here wanted the coach fired.they wanted Mike fired on the spot.and i came on here and post this.LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT.well the season is playing out now.and it's been another outstanding season.win or lose to TN in this next game.i will love this team.GO HOGS.

Letsroll1200

Just Keep Watching. If you keep watching eventually you will see that you have a outstanding coach and a program that's only getting better.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 09, 2018, 11:13:41 pm
Guys we have ther right man for this job.remember after the Hogs lost at home to LSU by 21 points,and a lot of folks on here wanted the coach fired.they wanted Mike fired on the spot.and i came on here and post this.LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT.well the season is playing out now.and it's been another outstanding season.win or lose to TN in this next game.i will love this team.GO HOGS.

I'm with ya Joe.  Miss talking to you brother.
Retired Radio Host

jimmur74

Awesome! How about that gafford windmill!

GuvHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 09, 2018, 11:13:48 pm
Just Keep Watching. If you keep watching eventually you will see that you have a outstanding coach and a program that's only getting better.

I AM watching and I enjoyed every blasted minute of that win over Florida! What a HUGE win!!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

liljo

Hey Joe! That wasn't an upset, baby! How 'Bout Them Hogs!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG! SOOIEEEEEE!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

AirWarren

Ironhawg

I know the phrase "huge win" gets tossed around a lot, but this really was a big one.  I didn't catch exactly what Chuck said, but it seems like he said it was the first time in 20 years Arkansas beat Florida outside the state of Arkansas. 
Sleep well tonight fellas.  You take down Tennessee tomorrow.

WooPigFarm

An old man said to me YESTERDAY,  "I don't like them cause they don't play hard".

I turned my head towards him, looked him right in the eye, and said "hater".

TheRazorback500

Lots of positive karma in this one. Allen missing two out of three on that BS call was priceless. Dang right, Joe, we rolling. WPS!!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

rtr

Agreed, Mike has brought us back from the abyss.  He is the right man for the job.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 09, 2018, 11:06:22 pm
Speaking of haters...wonder where they all are...

I'm still here. I was very critical of MA during mid season as he made very questionable decisions. But, MA deserves a lot of credit for getting this team ready mentally to guard the basket and control the boards tonight. He also deserves credit for getting the team back to playing at a high level after the midseason slump.

On the same token, he deserved the criticism he got for some mistakes he made mid-season with the lineup changes and for some in-game calls he made (or didn't make) that cost us some wins. For example, going to the 2-3 zone tonight was a big mistake and gave FLA lots of open shots. BUT TO HIS CREDIT, he went back to man defense and that was all she wrote.

Maybe, though, MA was playing with our lineup earlier in the year to find what worked and what didn't. IF he was, it was a huge risk as at the time we weren't guaranteed to make the Big Dance yet, but it has paid off now. He's either very smart and very ballsy or hes just stupid lucky. Either way, Ill take it heading into March.

Now heres to hoping this win moved us off of that dreaded 8/9 line and got us up to a 6 or 7 where we can actually have a chance to make some noise in the Madness!!

pigroots

This is the kind of effort we have all been hoping to see more of. Hats off to the players and coaches for a job well done tonight

skinnypig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on March 09, 2018, 11:27:59 pm
I'm still here. I was very critical of MA during mid season as he made very questionable decisions. But, MA deserves a lot of credit for getting this team ready mentally to guard the basket and control the boards tonight. He also deserves credit for getting the team back to playing at a high level after the midseason slump.

On the same token, he deserved the criticism he got for some mistakes he made mid-season with the lineup changes and for some in-game calls he made (or didn't make) that cost us some wins. For example, going to the 2-3 zone tonight was a big mistake and gave FLA lots of open shots. BUT TO HIS CREDIT, he went back to man defense and that was all she wrote.

Maybe, though, MA was playing with our lineup earlier in the year to find what worked and what didn't. IF he was, it was a huge risk as at the time we weren't guaranteed to make the Big Dance yet, but it has paid off now. He's either very smart and very ballsy or hes just stupid lucky. Either way, Ill take it heading into March.

Now heres to hoping this win moved us off of that dreaded 8/9 line and got us up to a 6 or 7 where we can actually have a chance to make some noise in the Madness!!

rtr

We played match-up zone most of the night. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

systemroot

All of that seems fair. I agree that he must get his lineup down to 6-7 players in order to keep a real rhythm going for this team. I really wish he would implement that type of a lineup closer to mid-season so we can have a better look at the players who are playing at a high level without being taken out.

forrest city joe

Quote from: liljo on March 09, 2018, 11:17:53 pm
Hey Joe! That wasn't an upset, baby! How 'Bout Them Hogs!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG! SOOIEEEEEE!
Yes it was an upset. everyone was saying how well FL had started playing again.and they were the favs to win this game.guess what.THEY FREAKING LOSS.i love it!

PharmacistHog

Stop the hater crap. Ive deleted all those posts. I dont want to trash fcj's thread but yall keep calling other posters out its gone. Just stop it.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

porkrindjimmy

Yes you did brotha.

PRJ

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

davril98

greenEGnHAWGS

I'm fine with deserved criticism. What I don't understand is the over-reactors who act like the sky is falling after every loss.

Well said though.

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: rtr on March 09, 2018, 11:32:57 pm
We played match-up zone most of the night.

Matchup zone isnt as bad because it doesnt leave giant predicatble holes for open shooters to find easy shots like a regular 2-3 zone. At one point we were in a standard zone (or so it seemed) and FLA capitalized on that with several open threes.

But to be fair, Im hugely biased against a 2-3 zone beacause I LOVED to see a 2-3 zone when I was playing. The easiest defense to pick apart for players who can shoot and pass. It seems the easiest to beat, so I hate to see a team I love running it.

hawgball40

What a beautiful dismantling of Florida that was. But we'd not come to paint. We came to win and i think this team expects to win tomorrow. Tennessee will be a tough out tomorrow.

so i'll start

Screw Tennessee  >:(

dayofthehawg1

FCJ, You are the man.  You never yielded.  This is one HC I didn't want to see replaced.  Arkansas athletics are in a much better situation tonight.  We needed this win.  All of us did.  It is a trade mark win for Mike.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 09, 2018, 11:49:04 pm
What a beautiful dismantling of Florida that was. But we'd not come to paint. We came to win and i think this team expects to win tomorrow. Tennessee will be a tough out tomorrow.

so i'll start

By this time of year they should all be tough outs. As we should/shall be.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

FineAsSwine

So glad to get this win over Florida. Tired of seeing the gators beat us. This win was a huge relief. Great performance by the players and coaches to get this win over a really good Florida team at a neutral site. Maybe we win two more and nab a 4 seed in the dance.

Hog_Fink

that was no upset!
we locked down. I love it!!

Sweet Feet

Joe you are one the few hog fans who aren't fairweathered. You use logic instead of knee-jerk reaction. CMA is a great coach and its just asinine that people here wanted him gone.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 09, 2018, 11:49:04 pm

so i'll start

Yes. Well said!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!