Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (22-10, 11-8) vs Florida Gators (20-11, 11-7) 

Started by TebowHater, March 09, 2018, 05:25:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: imtad16 on March 09, 2018, 10:44:57 pm
Are we scurely a 6 seed now? Could this get us on the 5 seed line?

Maybe. Lots goes into seeding and bracketing so you can move up or down a seed line. I would say we are in that range.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BallHog1

Stayed off the game thread tonight
Had to come by after to see if th he ref apologists were finding a way to explain the pitiful bs job the refs did the last two minutes.
Unbelievable

Slimac4

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on March 09, 2018, 10:45:34 pm
Not in this game.  Beard basically canceled out Allen tonight.  Great game from Beard.  Overall yes Allen is better I'd say.

We weren't just talking about this game...

From Tusk Till Dawn

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

SugarHillGaHog

Final copy pasta of the box score.  With bad formatting.

Arkansas   Min   FG   3pt   FT   Off   Def   Reb   Ast   TO   Stl   Blk   PF   Pts
2 Adrio Bailey
F   0   1-1   0-0   0-0   0   2   2   0   0   1   0   1   2
10 Daniel Gafford
F   0   8-11   0-0   0-0   5   7   12   1   1   0   1   3   16
0 Jaylen Barford
G   0   9-18   4-9   5-6   3   6   9   1   2   0   0   2   27
31 Anton Beard
G   0   3-6   2-3   2-4   0   3   3   2   1   0   0   3   10
4 Daryl Macon
G   0   2-9   1-3   8-10   2   3   5   3   1   0   0   2   13
5 Arlando Cook
   0   2-4   0-0   0-2   2   2   4   0   0   0   0   1   4
20 Darious Hall
   0   2-4   1-1   1-2   1   1   2   0   0   0   0   2   6
23 C.J. Jones
   0   0-2   0-1   0-0   0   1   1   0   0   0   0   1   0
22 Gabe Osabuohien
   0   0-2   0-1   0-0   0   1   1   0   0   0   0   0   0
1 Trey Thompson
   0   1-3   0-0   0-0   0   1   1   0   0   0   0   1   2
Totals      28-60   8-18   16-24   13   27   40   7   5   1   1   16   80
Percentages      46.7%   44.4%   66.7%   
Florida   Min   FG   3pt   FT   Off   Def   Reb   Ast   TO   Stl   Blk   PF   Pts
13 Kevarrius Hayes
C   0   2-3   0-0   0-0   3   2   5   0   1   0   2   3   4
5 KeVaughn Allen
G   0   4-11   2-7   1-3   1   2   3   4   1   0   1   1   11
11 Chris Chiozza
G   0   5-11   2-4   4-4   1   1   2   6   3   2   1   3   16
3 Jalen Hudson
G   0   2-9   2-5   0-2   0   4   4   0   1   0   0   3   6
4 Egor Koulechov
G   0   2-11   2-8   2-2   0   6   6   2   1   0   0   2   8
24 Deaundrae Ballard
   0   0-1   0-1   0-0   1   0   1   0   1   1   0   4   0
21 Dontay Bassett
   0   0-0   0-0   0-0   0   0   0   0   0   0   1   0   0
12 Gorjok Gak
   0   0-0   0-0   0-0   0   1   1   0   0   0   0   0   0
0 Mike Okauru
   0   2-4   1-3   0-0   0   1   1   0   0   0   0   2   5
25 Keith Stone
   0   8-10   4-5   2-3   2   3   5   1   0   1   0   3   22
Totals      25-60   13-33   9-14   8   20   28   13   8   4   5   21   72
Percentages      41.7%   39.4%   64.3%   

BallHog1

Allen needs to keep his tail in Florida after he's through playing for them.

riccoar

PonderinHog

Quote from: Breems on March 09, 2018, 10:44:20 pm
HAHAHAHA, screw you, FL!

Gafford breaks out the windmill again. Chomp!

#SCTop10
dare I say  SCREW FLORIDA?

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PonderinHog

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

razorpimp

What a great game!

CMA did a great job coaching the team, putting in the right rotations, and stressing defense! 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

trippigs

BrooklynRoss

This win over FL feels so good. We needed this. Let's just win the whole SEC Tourney.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

hoglady

Don't know what our legs will be like tomorrow afternoon but we played a hell of a game tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

MemphisBossHog

I havent watched a lot of SEC ball this season.  I just get into it too much and get too upset when I see the pathetic SEC refs and how they do all they can to take care of their darling programs like FLA.  But I watched the last couple of mins of tonights game and it was more of the same.  You could literally see the refs do ALL THEY COULD to help FLA.  Calling the NBA James Harden rip move that gave that punk Kevaughn Allen a ridiculous 3 FTs.  That was so blatantly in favor of FLA.  Then an NBA continuation call that gave the other punk Chiozza (sp?) an "and one" when he in no way deserved it.  Florida shooters jumping INTO our defenders and the refs giving them the call.   

That was absolutely pathetic and embarrassing for the league but since it was against ARK, no  one will say a thing. Kudos to Mike Anderson and his kids for fighting through that ridiculous officiating late in the game and hitting their FTs to hold on and win. 

SEC basketball officiating is simply a joke.  Now I remember why its hard for me to watch an ARK conference game.  Those refs are just pitiful.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Really liked seeing both Daniel and Trey on the floor together there at the end.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GuvHog

I really loved the way the Hogs limited the Gators 3 point shooting. That was impressive.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogsfan1981

Hogsfan1981

Letsroll1200

The Hogfather

Quote from: Slimac4 on March 09, 2018, 10:41:32 pm
You're so wrong on this. Allen was a 1st team All SEC player last year. He's way more talented and an overall better player than Beard even in a down year for him.

Wrong.  He shoots more than Beard and does nothing other than "score" (10 shots for 10 points, etc.).  You are a shallow dumbarse.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

c-townfan

For 38.5 mins, it was the best officiated game we've had all year in the SEC. I won't let the final minute and a half tarnish that. As awful as the last minute was I'll take our games called that way.

AirWarren

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Breems on March 09, 2018, 11:02:57 pm
GO HOME FLORIDA

Man that feels good.
that is so true.  And they can take their personal refs with them.  Got to admit that I am so proud of the Hogs pulling through and beating the Gators.  So glad to see FLA gone from the SEC tourney

FineAsSwine

TheRazorback500

This one brought back memories. It's been a long time since we've taken over the arena. Heckuva win over a team we really needed to beat. WPS
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Slimac4

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 09, 2018, 11:02:50 pm
Wrong.  He shoots more than Beard and does nothing other than "score" (10 shots for 10 points, etc.).  You are a shallow dumbarse.

How about instead of resorting to name calling you actually bring some facts that support your argument....

Let's compare the two players 'best' seasons and see where they fall out.

PTS REB AST STL BLK TO FG% 3P%
Beard 9.5   2.6  3.1  0.9  0.1 1.3  .385 .324
Allen  14.0  2.4 1.5  1.3  0.3 1.3  .438 .370

We get into career stats and then it gets even more lobsided. I don't like Allen by any stretch but take off your red colored glasses and you can clearly see KeVaughn Allen is a vastly superior player who's having a down year.

Anyways great win and go Hogs! 🐗

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

itshogsbaby

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on March 09, 2018, 10:54:14 pm
I havent watched a lot of SEC ball this season.  I just get into it too much and get too upset when I see the pathetic SEC refs and how they do all they can to take care of their darling programs like FLA.  But I watched the last couple of mins of tonights game and it was more of the same.  You could literally see the refs do ALL THEY COULD to help FLA.  Calling the NBA James Harden rip move that gave that punk Kevaughn Allen a ridiculous 3 FTs.  That was so blatantly in favor of FLA.  Then an NBA continuation call that gave the other punk Chiozza (sp?) an "and one" when he in no way deserved it.  Florida shooters jumping INTO our defenders and the refs giving them the call.   

That was absolutely pathetic and embarrassing for the league but since it was against ARK, no  one will say a thing. Kudos to Mike Anderson and his kids for fighting through that ridiculous officiating late in the game and hitting their FTs to hold on and win. 

SEC basketball officiating is simply a joke.  Now I remember why its hard for me to watch an ARK conference game.  Those refs are just pitiful.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I actually felt we got quite a bit of the calls tonight.  If I put on my tin foil hat I can tell who refs(Vegas $$) wants to cover spread or win the game.  More often than not we are on the wrong side of this (losing vast majority of 50/50 ball, tightly called on one end versus letting them play on other and so forth).  From what I saw, Arkansas received the benefit on most 50/50 plays and was the team the refs protected (not at alp time but most especially 2nd half) most.   

It was DAMN NICE to see for a change too!!!!  I wish it were straight up and honest  at all times but with all that gambling $$ on the line. . .

HogFansReunited

I really enjoyed this win. I honestly didn't think we would win tonight but so happy for the team. We should be a 6 seed now which is about the best we can hope for.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

liljo

Quote from: Slimac4 on March 09, 2018, 11:43:49 pm

How about instead of resorting to name calling you actually bring some facts that support your argument....

Let's compare the two players 'best' seasons and see where they fall out.

PTS REB AST STL BLK TO FG% 3P%
Beard 9.5   2.6  3.1  0.9  0.1 1.3  .385 .324
Allen  14.0  2.4 1.5  1.3  0.3 1.3  .438 .370

We get into career stats and then it gets even more lobsided. I don't like Allen by any stretch but take off your red colored glasses and you can clearly see KeVaughn Allen is a vastly superior player who's having a down year.

Anyways great win and go Hogs! 🐗

'Vastly superior" bs and you want to bring total crap like that to a Hog celebration after a big win over Florida. Literally bring that slimy arse bit...to the Hog party.

Never mind, you ain't even worth it. Enjoy your trip back to Florida, or where ever you are from.

Beard has given this team tough, hard minutes all year long. We didn't "upset" Florida. Florida played with great effort just trying to stay on the floor with the Hogs tonight. 

Woooooo Pig, Sooiee.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Dirty

Quote from: liljo on March 10, 2018, 08:09:12 am
'Vastly superior" bs and you want to bring total crap like that to a Hog celebration after a big win over Florida. Literally bring that slimy arse bit...to the Hog party.

Never mind, you ain't even worth it. Enjoy your trip back to Florida, or where ever you are from.

Beard has given this team tough, hard minutes all year long. We didn't "upset" Florida. Florida played with great effort just trying to stay on the floor with the Hogs tonight. 

Woooooo Pig, Sooiee.

That is right, it was NOT an upset.

Lady Razorback

I am sorry I missed the game thread last night.  I had a date and since I watched game with him, I could not watch with all of my Jump Ball buddies.  I still wanted to share my thoughts on game though.  I thought that our Hogs were clearly the better team for the last 3/4 of the game. I thought we played tenacious defense during that period and that we played with so much heart.  The other thing I liked about the game was that we didn't even really play our best game.  I believe we have improved since we beat TN in our first conference game.  I think MA has broken through with the players about the importance of defense to our style of play.  I saw this on the court last night. 

Looking forward to another Hog win today, on our way to the conference finals.  Would be our 3rd in the last four years.  Hopefully this gives us a little confidence as fans going into today.  Go Hogs!!!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 10, 2018, 12:02:24 pm
I am sorry I missed the game thread last night.  I had a date and since I watched game with him, I could not watch with all of my Jump Ball buddies.  I still wanted to share my thoughts on game though.  I thought that our Hogs were clearly the better team for the last 3/4 of the game. I thought we played tenacious defense during that period and that we played with so much heart.  The other thing I liked about the game was that we didn't even really play our best game.  I believe we have improved since we beat TN in our first conference game.  I think MA has broken through with the players about the importance of defense to our style of play.  I saw this on the court last night. 

Looking forward to another Hog win today, on our way to the conference finals.  Would be our 3rd in the last four years.  Hopefully this gives us a little confidence as fans going into today.  Go Hogs!!!

Nice analysis. How'd the date go?

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 10, 2018, 12:49:25 pm
Nice analysis. How'd the date go?

Pretty well, since we are watching the game together today!   :)

Thanks for asking!

Slimac4

Quote from: liljo on March 10, 2018, 08:09:12 am
'Vastly superior" bs and you want to bring total crap like that to a Hog celebration after a big win over Florida. Literally bring that slimy arse bit...to the Hog party

Woooooo Pig, Sooiee.

Actually, I was born and raised in NWA and currently overseas on deployment. Thanks for the trip advice 👌🏽

When you've only beat a time 5 times since 2000, that would definitely be an upset... I gotta get me a pair of the Hog color glasses or maybe it's the alcohol.