Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great win.. but......

Started by synthartist69, March 09, 2018, 12:03:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

After our huge lead was given up, we looked as if we were playing scared. Nobody wanted to take control and lead this team except maybe Barford. I think the ball should have been in his hands the last 3 minutes as he seemed to be the only one interested in trying to score. I was pretty sure we were going to lose this game but luckily we did manage to get the win and that's what matters.

NostraHOGus

Quote from: synthartist69 on March 09, 2018, 12:03:47 am
After our huge lead was given up, we looked as if we were playing scared. Nobody wanted to take control and lead this team except maybe Barford. I think the ball should have been in his hands the last 3 minutes as he seemed to be the only one interested in trying to score. I was pretty sure we were going to lose this game but luckily we did manage to get the win and that's what matters.

You don't watch the defensive end much, do you?

USC East hit threes on three of four possessions or this game would not have been close.

Frank Martin teams always play defense.

The game was won at the free throw line. That's why Martin got the technical.  He could see the writing on the wall.

It was awesome to win a game when Macon did not hit a single 3-pointer.

KlubhouseKonnected

Thanks for sharing?

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

We won and we were able to keep a lot of starter mins down.

TexHog188

Quote from: NostraHOGus on March 09, 2018, 12:08:24 am

Didn't even get close to making one.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

steveaustin69

Quote from: NostraHOGus on March 09, 2018, 12:08:24 am
You don't watch the defensive end much, do you?

USC East hit threes on three of four possessions or this game would not have been close.

Frank Martin teams always play defense.

The game was won at the free throw line. That's why Martin got the technical.  He could see the writing on the wall.

Translation: we gave up wide open looks because we don't consistently play sound defense leading to three threes in four possessions

Do you mean to say the officiating was going our way more times than not? Pretty sure that can not and will not ever happen.

jbigs77

I thought the refs did lean a bit towards Arkansas last night. Rare, but does happen on occasion. And the difference in the game was the FTs. Good to have another win.

I will say, if we don't shoot better tonight, we will be going home. Macon got to makem. Gafford needs to say out of foul trouble. Scrap the trap, quit giving up open 3s and baseline layups.

masbas3

We leave open shooters way to often, wide open 3 point shooters is why they were able to get back into the game plus no one on the hogs willing to take a shot, basically for the last 5 minutes of the game it looked as though we didn't run any set type of offense, unless it's called the "panic mood" offense.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: masbas3 on March 09, 2018, 09:13:28 am
basically for the last 5 minutes monthsof the game it looked as though we didn't run any set type of offense

fify

OkieBack

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 09, 2018, 12:11:38 am
We won and we were able to keep a lot of starter mins down.

Not allot to say about this one.  It's a win and the Hogs got it.  I too think we were timid down the stretch.  SC did some things a little differently which affected our play a little.  Regardless of the amount of minutes, we  played a game and Florida will be fresh so let's hope the Gators' shooting is off tonight. 

Go Hogs!!!

GlassofSwine

We won the type of game many people on Hogville thought we couldn't, a half court game where free throws were the key. That doesn't mean we will win these types of games going forward but one thing we were much better at last night until the last 3/4 minutes was not playing iso basketball in the half court and throwing up trash shots as the shot clock ran down. Lots of good passing and unselfish play last night.

Southpointhog

I dont get this playing scared...someone not deeply involved in athletics would only say this on this situation!

Come on!

PBistheman

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 08:32:09 am
Translation: we gave up wide open looks because we don't consistently play sound defense leading to three threes in four possessions

Do you mean to say the officiating was going our way more times than not? Pretty sure that can not and will not ever happen.

Those threes came off of long sloppy offensive rebounds.  It wasn't really about closing out on the shooter.  They just had the ball bounce their way and made the shots. 
Wimbly wombly, you know when I play the bass they say my face looks like a jellyfish

incHOGnito

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 08:32:09 am

SC got some open looks from 3, but every 3 but one they hit in the second half was off a rebound of a 3 that was missed so badly that it clanged right back to SC. If you want to complain about something, it wasn't the open looks they were getting because our initial D on each possession was very good, it was not corralling the missed threes that lead to wide open looks.

steveaustin69

Quote from: incHOGnito on March 09, 2018, 12:04:17 pm
SC got some open looks from 3, but every 3 but one they hit in the second half was off a rebound of a 3 that was missed so badly that it clanged right back to SC. If you want to complain about something, it wasn't the open looks they were getting because our initial D on each possession was very good, it was not corralling the missed threes that lead to wide open looks.

Ok and..? Would it make you happy if I added "and sound defensive rebounding"?

liljo

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 12:07:10 pm
Ok and..? Would it make you happy if I added "and sound defensive rebounding"?

On another note, what's your take on your AwBurn Tigers vs Alawhamma? Did Perl just get out coached? How are all the other AwBurners handling things? Oh, I know, they are logging on to other conference team sites in disguise and starting arguments and bad mouthing those teams, I bet!
Bahahahahaha :) ;D :D

;)
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

steveaustin69

Quote from: liljo on March 09, 2018, 02:11:54 pm
On another note, what's your take on your AwBurn Tigers vs Alawhamma? Did Perl just get out coached? How are all the other AwBurners handling things? Oh, I know, they are logging on to other conference team sites in disguise and starting arguments and bad mouthing those teams, I bet!
Bahahahahaha :) ;D :D

;)

Painfully unfunny. I'd imagine PEARL got outcoached, Sexton went off, or Auburn missed a ton of shots; maybe a combo of all three. I don't know; didn't watch the game.

niels_boar

USC scored only 0.96 points per possession, converted at a measly 45% EFG%( 43% deuces, 32% treys) clip, and had 19 TOs in 67 possessions.  The only thing we didn't do well on D is rebound.  The D was fine.  The only reason it wasn't a blowout is because we only made 4 treys with Macon going 0 for 5.  Add two or three treys from Macon, and we win by double-digits.  This really wasn't the game to complain about the D.  The pressure forced the TOs and misses that it is designed to do and gave up the boards that are the tradeoff.  It worked.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hawgfan4life

Just because a bunch of posters constantly say we give up uncontested 3s doesn't make it true as they state the claim.  Every team gives up some uncontested 3s.  We give up a few more than the average team but we also get more turnovers from traps than the average team.  Many claim we aren't guarding the shooter when we are all over them.  Really tired of the same old narrative with no acknowledgement of why we allow some of those and where we compensate in other areas.

AHiD

Steve, you can't have it both ways. Either this team fouls more often than most because MA is a bad coach, or whatever the fouling difference is is because of the referees.
My name...is Jerruh

Hoggish1

Great win.. but...... Great WIN!

That is all...

Dirty

rtr

Mike Anderson is the right coach for us.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: synthartist69 on March 09, 2018, 12:03:47 am

Come out, come out wherever you are....

PRJ

BannerMountainMan

I'm waiting for a great win but, thread tonight
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

k.c.hawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 09, 2018, 11:29:31 pm
Come out, come out wherever you are....

PRJ

PRJ is hiding behind the door in a goalies mask with a rusty axe!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

dayofthehawg1

It's beginning to get good again, isn't It?  Whose buying Mike the pair of boots?  Could it get back to that?  Let's enjoy the night and hope for Kentucky on Sunday.  Cheers.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 09, 2018, 05:54:45 pm
Just because a bunch of posters constantly say we give up uncontested 3s doesn't make it true as they state the claim.  Every team gives up some uncontested 3s.  We give up a few more than the average team but we also get more turnovers from traps than the average team.  Many claim we aren't guarding the shooter when we are all over them.  Really tired of the same old narrative with no acknowledgement of why we allow some of those and where we compensate in other areas.

They just aren't comfortable saying what their real beef is
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

raz1965

Congrats to the Razorbacks on 23 great wins this year.