Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's one for you're calendar

Started by SirCHog, August 23, 2005, 06:16:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SirCHog

It certainly won't overshadow Arkansas vs Georgia, but Tennessee playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa this year certainly stimulates the imagination.  Fat Phil and 80,000 who know he dropped the dime on them!  I'd have to say, if there is one game circled on Alabama's schedule this year, that's it!

Nutt_Hate_Me

It won't matter, Bama will still get smoked.  Baby Shula isn't even half the coach that Baby Bowden was.
It's great to be home.

NuttsSacked

I agree, but Bama doesn't have the muscle to do anything other than take another ass-kicking...at home or not, for the umpteenth time in a row in this series.

Personally, I'd like to see both of them lose.  Perhaps TN could win and later be found guilty of playing someone ineligible and have to forfeit.  Knowing the Vol program, it could happen.

Lanny

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on August 23, 2005, 06:27:02 pm
It won't matter, Bama will still get smoked. Baby Shula isn't even half the coach that Baby Bowden was.

I so agree, I think Shula is outmatched upstairs in the SEC.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SirCHog

Razorback Jedi

UT will lose 2 or 3 games this year, and Bama might well be one of those losses.

bigred7987

UT is overrated...and that coming from a resident of Tennessee  They are talked up every year but this year I'm not seeing #3 in the land.....half the starters will be arrested before the season.  God help them if they somehow get the Sugar Bowl and have to go down to New Orleans for a few days on their own before a game. 

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on August 23, 2005, 08:45:02 pm
UT will lose 2 or 3 games this year, and Bama might well be one of those losses.

You say 2 or 3 loses like it's a bad thing for UT, yet most Hog fans would accept that in a New York minute.  See the irony in your post?  That's the difference between winners and losers. 

Not knocking your thought process as you could very well be correct.  I'm simply looking forward to the day I can say the Hogs might lose 2 or 3 vs today's argument of possibly winning 6, 7 or even 8 games.

Does anyone else understand the difference?

dawgsnhawgs

i completely understand what you're talking about.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: NuttsSacked on August 23, 2005, 11:10:16 pm
You say 2 or 3 loses like it's a bad thing for UT, yet most Hog fans would accept that in a New York minute. See the irony in your post? That's the difference between winners and losers.

Not knocking your thought process as you could very well be correct. I'm simply looking forward to the day I can say the Hogs might lose 2 or 3 vs today's argument of possibly winning 6, 7 or even 8 games.

It's not a bad thing, unless you take into account they are predicted by some to play in the title game.  And, for the fact that they have won a National Title in the last 10 years.

It isn't irony.  It's the place of both programs.  Arkansas isn't in a bad spot because they aren't talking about 10-1 or 11-1 each year.

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: NuttsSacked on August 23, 2005, 11:10:16 pm
Quote from: Razorback Jedi on August 23, 2005, 08:45:02 pm

You say 2 or 3 loses like it's a bad thing for UT, yet most Hog fans would accept that in a New York minute. See the irony in your post? That's the difference between winners and losers.

Not knocking your thought process as you could very well be correct. I'm simply looking forward to the day I can say the Hogs might lose 2 or 3 vs today's argument of possibly winning 6, 7 or even 8 games.

I can't wait for the day we are able to say that also!
WOO PIG

bigred7987

QuoteYou say 2 or 3 loses like it's a bad thing for UT, yet most Hog fans would accept that in a New York minute.  See the irony in your post?  That's the difference between winners and losers. 

Not knocking your thought process as you could very well be correct.  I'm simply looking forward to the day I can say the Hogs might lose 2 or 3 vs today's argument of possibly winning 6, 7 or even 8 games.
I agree with Boomis...this is supposed to be Tennessee's year so to speak.  They are ranked #3 nationally....needless to say 2-3 losses would be a disappointment because of the expectations....They have 2 prove QB's and lots of starters back....alot of those with court dates pending that is.  We dont have the QB but if that is solved u could be seeing us at that level for the next few years

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: toshortrock on August 24, 2005, 04:36:31 pm
bama will beat tenn this year :-[

Depends on Bama's injury situation. The Tide have had worse luck with those the last few years than even the salted and scalded wounds from the NCAA . Think what a healthy Croyle might have accomplished already with any stability around him. Rest assured though the UT game this year means even more to Tiders to win than the heated Iron Bowl.

Flatfoot

I hope everyone beats Fat Fil Fulmer.  I just hope that Fat Fil doesn't choke on a Krispy Kreme, that would just break my freakin heart. 

The official Fat Fil's logo.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.