Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ronnie "lottery pick" brewer

Started by othermac, February 19, 2006, 08:45:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

othermac

ronnie was the man down the stretch yesterday, i thought he secured the game with his ball handling, crucial 3 in ot, and hit the free throws he had to hit. i saw what the nba scouts must be seeing, that big 6'7" frame bringing the ball down, he looked to me like someone the other team did not want to mess with, kind of like a rattlesnake, he was more than they could handle. their wasnt anyone else anywhere i would have wanted with the ball in their hands, and he's on our team. keep it up ronnie, you are the man!!!!!!
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Zen_Hog

pokeydaman

point taken....ronnie needs to be the primary ball handler...especially in crunch time

HogFather

I agree, but one game a lottery pick does not make.

Topcat

Brewer was the difference in the game without a doubt. I wish he would take charge in more games down the stretch. Maybe putting him at PG at the end will give him more opportunities so he won't have to depend on someone else to get him the ball. 

othermac

"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

tulsahog36

Ronnie will not be back next year. 

tulsahog36

The thing I like about Ronnie is even though he knows he will be a top draft pick, he still plays hard every night.   I remember when Joe Johnson would just loaf around the court and pick his spots.   Johnson could have carried Arkansas as far as he wanted, he choose not to. He pissed me off every game with his lazy work ethic.    Watching Ronnie has been a joy, and I wish him the best in his NBA career.

othermac

Quote from: tulsahog36 on February 20, 2006, 09:41:40 am
Ronnie will not be back next year. 

that is usually the litmus test for the upper tier players, that if they are not a lottery pick then they play another year of college ball, but maybe it will be different for ronnie, like maybe he wants a final four like his dad and decides to give it a run next year. i know that is doubtful but sometimes you dont know what goes thru anothers mind.

pigsooie1000

I don't think he would be a lottery pick, he's an excellent player and took over the game on Sat but is he going to be a PG in the NBA?  I don't see him as a good enough ballhandler or shooter to be a top5 pick as a guard.  Maybe I'm just hoping he will be back for our final four run...

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: tulsahog36 on February 20, 2006, 09:44:23 am
The thing I like about Ronnie is even though he knows he will be a top draft pick, he still plays hard every night.   I remember when Joe Johnson would just loaf around the court and pick his spots.   Johnson could have carried Arkansas as far as he wanted, he choose not to. He pissed me off every game with his lazy work ethic.    Watching Ronnie has been a joy, and I wish him the best in his NBA career.

I thought we were talking about Ronnie Brewer at Arkansas?  Which Ronnie Brewer have you been watching?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

aldyua

Are you kidding?  Brewer needs to stop dribbling and pass the ball.  And definitely needs to stop shooting.  We'll be a much better team with him gone.  Joe Johnson was a much better player and will have a far better NBA career than Brewer.  

murray-vegas

http://nbadraft.net/

It's usually right on with all it's picks. Has Brewer going to Houtson at # 9

aldyua

Oh.  Just the one that has only won (1) big game at Arkansas. 

othermac

Quote from: aldyua on February 20, 2006, 10:24:48 am
Are you kidding?  Brewer needs to stop dribbling and pass the ball.  And definitely needs to stop shooting.  We'll be a much better team with him gone.  Joe Johnson was a much better player and will have a far better NBA career than Brewer. 

and pass it to who? modica?

arod2024

Quote from: tulsahog36 on February 20, 2006, 09:44:23 am
The thing I like about Ronnie is even though he knows he will be a top draft pick, he still plays hard every night.   I remember when Joe Johnson would just loaf around the court and pick his spots.   Johnson could have carried Arkansas as far as he wanted, he choose not to. He pissed me off every game with his lazy work ethic.    Watching Ronnie has been a joy, and I wish him the best in his NBA career.
Johnson wasn't lazy he was just unselfish. He was the exact same way in high school, and still plays like that. I agree he could carry any team he has ever been on but that is just not his style of play. I wish it was, but it is not. Still one of my all-time favorite hogs.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 10:52:18 am
Quote from: aldyua on February 20, 2006, 10:24:48 am
Are you kidding?  Brewer needs to stop dribbling and pass the ball.  And definitely needs to stop shooting.  We'll be a much better team with him gone.  Joe Johnson was a much better player and will have a far better NBA career than Brewer. 

and pass it to who? modica?

Before Saturday I would have said set up Thomas, Townes or Hill.  But now, I just say Thomas or Hill. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogFather

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 09:02:20 am
Quote from: HogFather on February 20, 2006, 08:37:58 am

tell that to espn

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/index
ESPN.com - 2006 NBA Draft Index

Is ESPN gonna help us beat the state of Mississippi?.......[crickets]..............[yawn]....I didn't think so.   

Southernboy7

It has been said that supposably Ronnie Brewers dad wants him to finish school... I hope he does so we will be a very good team next year.

Southernboy7

February 20, 2006, 11:10:10 am #19 Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:35:24 am by Southernboy7
That espn list doesn't have Redick going?

othermac

Quote from: HogFather on February 20, 2006, 11:08:30 am

tell that to espn

Is ESPN gonna help us beat the state of Mississippi?.......[crickets]..............[yawn]....I didn't think so.   

please elusify genius, because i fail to make the connection with ronnie's projected draft status and beating ms schools

HogFather

Reddick!?   Reddick!?    Who the hell is Reddick!? :P

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Southernboy7 on February 20, 2006, 11:10:10 am
That espn list doesn't have Reddick going?

Are you kidding me....? I went out to look at the list as well.......  No way Brewer ever goes before REDICK......NEVER!   Talk about LOTTERY PICK...That's Redick...

HogFather

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 11:13:50 am

tell that to espn

please elusify genius, because i fail to make the connection with ronnie's projected draft status and beating ms schools

Sure, as soon as you can explain what the hell "elusify" is.  I can't "elusify" if I don't know "elusify".......genius.

othermac

Quote from: HogFather on February 20, 2006, 11:21:06 am

tell that to espn

Sure, as soon as you can explain what the hell "elusify" is.  I can't "elusify" if I don't know "elusify".......genius.

forgive me for the slang, my bad, make clear what espn has to do with beating ms schools? can you understand that?

Southernboy7

sorry HogFather i hit one too many d's forgive me for making a typing error

RivercrestHog

Quote from: pokeydaman on February 20, 2006, 08:25:15 am
point taken....ronnie needs to be the primary ball handler...especially in crunch time

Crunch time is the one time that you don't want Ronnie to have the ball. Any other time time Ronnie can drive the lane like its nothing, but when we need a big score to win the game he just dribbles around the 3-point line and jacks one up. Like he did against LSU. He needs to work on that.

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 20, 2006, 11:15:57 am
Quote from: Southernboy7 on February 20, 2006, 11:10:10 am
That espn list doesn't have Reddick going?

Are you kidding me....? I went out to look at the list as well.......  No way Brewer ever goes before REDICK......NEVER!   Talk about LOTTERY PICK...That's Redick...

Redick isn't a lottery pick, and if Ronnie entered then he would definitely go ahead of redick along with a whole lot of other people. All Redick can do is shoot he isn't physical enough or doesn't have good enough D to make it in the NBA.

Southernboy7

Redick would go before Brewer if they both went this year, but like I have already stated, Brewers dad wants him to finish school so it has been said therefore he will be back next year and in a different draft than Redick. IMO Adam Morrison is better than Redick but that is just IMO.

HogFather

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 11:25:26 am

tell that to espn

forgive me for the slang, my bad, make clear what espn has to do with beating ms schools? can you understand that?

No apology necessary on the slang, I guess I'm just not "hip with it" these days.  I thought only 12 year olds and pedifiles used internet slang.

As far as MS schools and espn, I don't know.  You are the one that brought espn into the thread.  You are the one that claimed Rb the all-mighty lotto pick and  said "their wasnt anyone else anywhere i would have wanted with the ball in their hands, and he's on our team."  Well, we've had him all year haven't we?  Did he not play against Ole Miss and MSU?  Bama?  LSU?  We've had him all year?.....right?   And we are in no better position than years past.  Yeah, that's great we beat Florida and he stepped up against a top 10 team, all be it his 90th plus game in a hog uniform it was bound to happen, sometime.  But, espn and MS schools......whatever you asked......who cares.  We can't beat them I just wonder how we can be in the top 64.

HogFather

Quote from: Southernboy7 on February 20, 2006, 11:36:03 am
sorry HogFather i hit one too many d's forgive me for making a typing error

I didn't even notice the typo, I was just being totally sarcastic.  I was not intending to reply in an negative manner to your post.  I was being sarcastic towards the espn projection.

Southernboy7

o well my bad thought u were sayin like who is Reddick... I know who Redick is but not Reddick

HogFather

Quote from: GoAngels on February 20, 2006, 11:41:07 am
i promise you he will be back for his sr. year....hands down no questions asked....mark it down in your freaking book...i know the family personally and I can tell you he's coming back for sure...dont even spend time wondering about it...regardless of where he goes in the draft.

I like the sound of this.

HogFather

Quote from: Southernboy7 on February 20, 2006, 12:03:21 pm
o well my bad thought u were sayin like who is Reddick... I know who Redick is but not Reddick

Whoops.  It was no typo here, I thought that is how it is really spelled, but I have not seen enough of him to know anyhow, just enough to know that he is a stud.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: HogFather on February 20, 2006, 12:03:23 pm
i promise you he will be back for his sr. year....hands down no questions asked....mark it down in your freaking book...i know the family personally and I can tell you he's coming back for sure...dont even spend time wondering about it...regardless of where he goes in the draft.

I like the sound of this.

Me tooo.  There is only one good reason to explain why I wouldn't want RB on this or any other hog team, EVER.  Then Stan would have gotten fired b/c we wouldn't have won half as many games.  I am not saying RB is the end all be all best player we have ever had, just saying he is a badass and could have a schollarship anywhere in the country.  To say he sucks and we will be better off without him is FRICKING IGNORANT
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

othermac

Quote from: HogFather on February 20, 2006, 11:56:50 am
Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 11:25:26 am

tell that to espn

No apology necessary on the slang, I guess I'm just not "hip with it" these days.  I thought only 12 year olds and pedifiles used internet slang.

As far as MS schools and espn, I don't know.  You are the one that brought espn into the thread.  You are the one that claimed Rb the all-mighty lotto pick and  said "their wasnt anyone else anywhere i would have wanted with the ball in their hands, and he's on our team."  Well, we've had him all year haven't we?  Did he not play against Ole Miss and MSU?  Bama?  LSU?  We've had him all year?.....right?   And we are in no better position than years past.  Yeah, that's great we beat Florida and he stepped up against a top 10 team, all be it his 90th plus game in a hog uniform it was bound to happen, sometime.  But, espn and MS schools......whatever you asked......who cares.  We can't beat them I just wonder how we can be in the top 64.

i didn't proclaim ronnie anything, i simply passed the infomation on. and yes i am glad that he is on our team, he will be a huge factor in getting our team to the ncaa tournament. i think he has a lot of potential he hasn't been able to realize, i am hoping sat's game gives him the confidence he needs, and as far as the rest of your post, i prefer not to engage in those kinds of insults, i dont know who you are and from the sound of you, i dont want to.

HogFather

Quote from: othermac on February 20, 2006, 12:26:31 pm

i didn't proclaim ronnie anything, i simply passed the infomation on. and yes i am glad that he is on our team, he will be a huge factor in getting our team to the ncaa tournament. i think he has a lot of potential he hasn't been able to realize, i am hoping sat's game gives him the confidence he needs, and as far as the rest of your post, i prefer not to engage in those kinds of insults, i dont know who you are and from the sound of you, i dont want to.

lol

southeasthog

The main thing Brewer needs to do right now is shoot the ball when he drives in the lane. Whenever he gets to 8 to 10 feet he always looks to pass, and someone usually gets a hand on it. Stop shooting so many threes, work on his mid-range game, and get a little more selfish close in.

fullfan

Is that you Bounty Hunter???

ENHOG

One more year in college will make him a lot more money!  We are going to win more games next year and therefor Ronnie will get more exposure.  Plus he needs to perform more consistently if he wants to go 1st round.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

RivercrestHog

Quote from: GoAngels on February 20, 2006, 11:48:37 am
hahaha...redIck is a lottery pick and your an idiot if you think otherwise....he's one of the leading scorers in NCAA history and all time 3 point leader....and is up for player of the year in the NCAA...you gotta be kidding me...statistically he is the best player to ever play at Duke...believe it or not...

Yeah, he is one of the leading scorers in NCAA history. BIG WHOOP. Yeah, he is up for player of the year in the NCAA. BIGGER WHOOP. Yeah, he is statistically the best player to ever play at Duke. BIGGEST WHOOP. Player of the year in the NCAA is just like winning the Heisman in football. Can you tell me how many people have won the Heisman and then did terrible if they did anything in the NFL. There are plenty. It takes more than just a shot to make it in the NBA, it takes defense and physicality which Redick does not have.

hawgdawg

Are any of you guys GM's for NBA teams? Didn't think so. It' doesnt matter at all what you think. Ronnie is a first rounder by every service in the NBA. It doesn't matter what some randomn fan thinks or says..ie "Ronnie is not ready for the first round"..sorry he is according to the people who actually make that decision. For those of you who say he can make more money by waiting and going out next year, wrong again. You don't understand the salary structure in the NBA. Ronnie may very well be back next year, he hasn't decided yet. If he is back, it won't be because he was NOT a first rounder or because he can make more money by waiting a year.

Fatty McGee

I cannot believe some of you are questioning whether Redick will make it.  The kid is a player, and will be a lottery pick if he comes out.  He will undoubtedly have to improve his defense, but very few coming into the NBA don't have to.

Ronnie is a nice player, who will have a long career in the NBA, but will not be a star.  He'll have a Stacy Augmon type career is my bet.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

TwistedHog

Wow, I can't believe Brewer is projected as a lottery pick, not saying he isn't a really good college player but that ugly arse shot and free throw shooting has to concern the pros.  I think RB will be a pro, but one that gives you good D and averages about 7 a game, solid off the bench at best.  I think Joe Johnson is better than Brewer, we were a better team in his brief stint than any RB has been on, and this is the worst I have ever seen the SEC.  As far as JJ Redick, he is too small to get his jumper off in the pros, although it's money if he does, Adam Morrison on the other hand, can shoot over the D.

SGH2244

www.nbadraft.net

I have been tracking it for awhile, before the season Ronnie was #13 and Reddick was #21, Townes was also #15 in the 2007 Projection.  Ronnie so far has been as high as #6.  Even at #13 I think he is vastly overatted.  Either way, check it out...

SGH

ronshogs

hogsrule44

He needs to stay here for his senior year, I really dont see him that high right now but what do I know?

HawgLover08

I think he would definitely go in the first round. However, I really don't think he's ready for the NBA quite yet. I think he knows this too and will stick around becuase he is a smart guy. I don't think he's one of those guys that will just go for the money. He probably realizes that he's not completely ready yet.

Fletch

Ronnie is not overrated. People said the same thing about Joe Johnson. Ronnie has skills and instincts that most college players don't. Just wait, in 3 or 4 years everyone on here will be talking about how they knew all along Ronnie would be a great NBA player. Ronnie will be able to take almost any defender 1 on 1.
I feel like $100

mbgrulz

ronnie will go, and he is as ready as he will ever be. he will never be an automatic shooter or even a prolific scorer, but he has instincts and athleticism to burn. he is not as good as some top 10 picks have been, but in this years draft, he is at least the 10th best player. this will not be a draft where we get lebron, d-wade, and melo all in one.

besides, who is to say that he comes back and has another mediocre year, or worse - blows his knee? it is not what is best for the UA, but it is what is best for the young man. he has given us everything he has, now, if he thinks he is ready, he needs to go do for himself and his family.

i wonder where townes will be in next years draft after they see how studly he has been this year?

labb

Those numbers are based on US players only..How does it look when you throw the Foreign players in.