NL ROTY
Bryce Harper - will win
Todd Frazier
Wade Miley

NL MOTY
Dusty Baker
Bruce Bochy - will win
Davey Johnson - should win

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8604797/miguel-cabrera-detroit-tigers-four-others-finalists-line-al-mvp

Hogtropolis™

ucahogfan

Award Winners
AL MYP - Miguel Cabrera (Trout got robbed!)
NL MVP - Buster Posey
AL ROTY - Mike Trout
NL ROTY - Bryce Harper
AL Cy Young - David Price (Verlander got robbed!)
NL Cy Young - RA Dickey (Kimbrel got robbed!)
AL MOTY - Bob Melvin (tough call as Buck also deserved it)
NL MOTY - Davey Johnson

ucahogfan

Why Mike Trout should have won the award:

-  Once he was called up, the Angels had the best record in the AL.  He couldn't help the fact that the Angels were on the Astros level without him.  His team actually had a better record than the Tigers.

-  Trout was the 1st player ever to hit .320+, hit 30+ HRs, steal 45+ bases, and score 125+ runs.  Miggy won the Triple Crown which had been done before.

-  Trout should have won the GG in CF while Miggy is at best a below average defender at the hot corner.  Trout is an elite defender.

-  Trout had a WAR of 10.7 to lead the majors while Miggy was 3rd in the AL with a WAR of 6.9.  Oh yeah, Miggy played 22 more games than Trout (161 to 139).  So, Trout would have been worth 12.4 WAR if he had played as many games as Cabrera while Miggy would have had 6.0 WAR if he played as many games as Trout.  By the way, the only other AL OFs to have 10+ WARs in a season are all in the HOF and some of the greatest players of all time.  Trout had the highest WAR in a decade (Bonds in 02).

-  Mike Trout is the best player in the game right now, and isn't the award for the best player in the AL and not the best hitter.  Voters need to learn to look past offensive stats as the only indicator while looking at the whole package.

Hogtropolis™

I think the voting turned out exactly like it should have. I was pleased to see that the majority of voters agreed with my point of view on giving Cabrera 22 of 28 first place votes.

bsking

The fact that Trout didn't win the GG showed me he had zero shot in the MVP.  I would have voted for Trout, but I'm not upset at people voting for Cabrera.  It was very close to me.

pigture perfect

Cabrera deserved it for his offensive output this year. Being that no one has had a triple crown in 45 years. Trout deserved it for being a 5 tool guy that sets everything else in motion. I wouldn't have complained either way.

My only strong disagreement would be for Davy Johnson as MOTY. The whole Nationals Management team all need to be disqualified from anything because of the way they handled Straussberg.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 15, 2012, 10:43:19 pm
Cabrera deserved it for his offensive output this year.
No he didn't. He had a better year last year than he did this year.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/5544/miguel-cabrera
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Oliver

Crap.  I was really hoping Kimbrel would win.  Oh well.

clutch

A lot of people say that Cabrera shouldn't have won because of he wasn't great defensively, but in his defense he did move to a new position where he knew he would struggle more for the benefit of his team.

With that said, I still think Trout was more valuable to his team.