Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Manager of the Year Predictions

Started by Hogtropolis™, March 28, 2007, 05:01:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

March 28, 2007, 05:01:53 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:21:19 am by Hogtropolis™
Only 4 more days until opening day.

AL Manager of the year:  Ronald Washington (Texas Rangers)

NL Manager of the year:  Ned Yost (Milwaukee Brewers)

mword

Willie Randolph - Mets

Mike Scioscia - Angels

PintailKiller

Eric Wedge - Cleveland
Grady Little - LA Dodgers
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

razorhead69

selfexplanatory

Ron Washington is a good choice for the AL

Lou Piniella -- NL
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

hogblade

TheRazorbackGuy

AL Manager of the Year: Ron Washington, Texas Rangers
NL Manager of the Year: Bobby Cox, Atlanta Braves

selfexplanatory

Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.

Oklahawg

How in the holy blue hell did Clint Hurdle NOT get the NL award after taking the Rockies to the World Series? Improbable run that was overlooked.

I'd give the award to Hurdle twice.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 15, 2007, 11:29:39 am
How in the holy blue hell did Clint Hurdle NOT get the NL award after taking the Rockies to the World Series? Improbable run that was overlooked.

No kidding.  I mean Arizona was a nice story too, but what Hurdle did with the Rockies was un-freaking-believable!

selfexplanatory

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on November 15, 2007, 11:43:57 am
Quote from: Oklahawg on November 15, 2007, 11:29:39 am

No kidding.  I mean Arizona was a nice story too, but what Hurdle did with the Rockies was un-freaking-believable!

...because the vote was taken before the playoffs.  Granted, that it was STILL one hell of a run before the playoffs, how many people had the Diamonbacks pegged with the best record in the NL?

Hats off to Hurdle and the Rockies for an extraordinary finish.

hogblade

Once again, the playoffs should be considered. It shouldn't be the end all but should be considered. The season isn't over before the playoffs. They don't have Best Manager of the playoffs so they might as well.

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: selfexplanatory on March 29, 2007, 10:09:11 am
Ron Washington is a good choice for the AL

Lou Piniella -- NL
As a Rangers fan, I'm hoping Wash gets it in 2008.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports