Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hammonds No. 3 RB on depth chart vs LSU

Started by Salted Pork, November 06, 2017, 02:44:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Glad to see he's working his way up the depth chart.

247Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 02:51:36 pm

It's strategy. Can't let the cat out of the bag when we surprise the Tigers with the 3 plays T.J. gets to run. They'll never see it coming. Damn, BB could be a Chess Masta!
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ricepig

Quote from: 247Hog on November 06, 2017, 02:54:40 pm
It's strategy. Can't let the cat out of the bag when we surprise the Tigers with the 3 plays T.J. gets to run. They'll never see it coming. Damn, BB could be a Chess Masta!

And Old Ed will be playing checkers!

247Hog

Wow, our starting QB is the backup punter...
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

ricepig

Quote from: 247Hog on November 06, 2017, 02:56:15 pm
Wow, our starting QB is the backup punter...

Not so fast my friend, old BB said today he won't announce a starting QB until Saturday, so it could be our backup QB is our backup punter. I think our listed backup QB is our backup to the backup punter.

247Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 02:59:23 pm
Not so fast my friend, old BB said today he won't announce a starting QB until Saturday, so it could be our backup QB is our backup punter. I think our listed backup QB is our backup to the backup punter.

Chess Masta strikes again!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 02:51:36 pm

Well, the coaches are not sure he's ready yet.  Guess they need to see if he can make a big play.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 02:59:23 pm
Genius move. Keep ole Ed and the rest of the cajun cats guessing as to which "high powered" QB will get the start and pass/run 'em silly. I'm sure that Baton Rouge bunch won't be getting much sleep this week worrying and pouring over the game tapes to figure out our secret weapons.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 06, 2017, 03:03:50 pm
Well, the coaches are not sure he's ready yet.  Guess they need to see if he can make a big play.
Yeah, never really ever seen that trait before. Maybe they can figure out a way to get him to give us one though.

zebradynasty

Him being listed #3 is not too big a deal. He's too small to be an every down back but he should be on the field lining up at different positions. Someone said use him like Florida did Percy Harvin back in the day...makes too much sense so I doubt we do it.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 06, 2017, 03:27:02 pm
Him being listed #3 is not too big a deal. He's too small to be an every down back but he should be on the field lining up at different positions. Someone said use him like Florida did Percy Harvin back in the day...makes too much sense so I doubt we do it.

Fellow Zebra is right, he should be #3. He shouldn't get 20 touches. Whaley and Williams are better pass blockers. I would much rather TJ get 12 touches and 150 all purpose yards than 20 carries for 88 between the tackles.

The NewEra

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 06, 2017, 04:28:05 pm
Fellow Zebra is right, he should be #3. He shouldn't get 20 touches. Whaley and Williams are better pass blockers. I would much rather TJ get 12 touches and 150 all purpose yards than 20 carries for 88 between the tackles.

I totally agree with you, but the thing is he needs to get those 12 or more touches and not 8, 5, 3 or zero.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 06, 2017, 04:28:05 pm
I have no problem with that. Makes some very good sense. The problem is the dozen touches. Not sure with researching further but has he even gotten that many in a game?

rude1

When ole TJ learns to speak that Hoganese he is going to be a pretty good football player................

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rude1 on November 06, 2017, 04:39:34 pm
When ole TJ learns to speak that Hoganese he is going to be a pretty good football player................
You're right. Perhaps his inability to fully comprehend such is the main reason he's having problems with the play book. Could also explain his lack of practicing screen plays.