Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blutoblutarsky

Sd state up 27-20 late 3rd and trojans lookin to go up 20-0

Blutoblutarsky

agr347

I am late on my last night picks, but I had:
USC- 3
SDSU +7, both winners

For this weekend I like:

Penn St. -12   (this one they should cover easily, but who knows)
Rutgers -4
Virginia Tech-6.5
Oklahoma -38 (Ok wants to prove to the voters that they are as good as the SEC teams.  Should
                           name their own score here)
UGA -11  ( I am riding this train til I lose on it.  They keep hitting them.)
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Jon Ham

The LSU-Tenn line is up to 18.5 on bodog now...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well won 1 unit on sd st won 2 units on USC

Lost 1 unit on over with USC/Cal. Too many field goals and turnovers.

So for the week plus 2 units minus the juice.

I am probably insane, but playing Hawaii -5 for 2 units tonight.

I simply think the rainbows have more weapons and more ways to score.  The down side is they are never nearly as good on the road.  I know Hawaii doesn't have the biggest stadium or loudest or most rabid fans, but when teams travel out there they struggle.  Maybe they relax and eat too much.

Anyway taking Hawaii on the road tonight.
Let's make some waves.

The Hogfather

Funny that the only play I talked about on here yesterday was the O58 in the USC/Cal game and that was the only one I lost last night.  I also had USC and San Diego State.

Also, hogfanintx, I like Hawaii tonight as well and have the same worry as you.  I always worry about Hawaii coming to the mainland.  They are awesome at home, but usually aren't as good away from home.

Those of you talking about laying 17.5+ points and taking LSU should be careful.  I think there are much better games out there and I actually think Tenner can keep it under the number.

Blutoblutarsky

I'm not touching the tenn game Hogfather, but the corndogs should cover, all of tenners big time players are hurt. I hate this weekends lines!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on October 14, 2011, 04:05:14 pm
I'm not touching the tenn game Hogfather, but the corndogs should cover, all of tenners big time players are hurt. I hate this weekends lines!!!

Vegas knew that when they put the line there.  Favorites have been dominating lately, though.  I just think it is a dangerous game to take the favorite.

So just Placed my bets for tonight.  The delay cost me a point

Hawaii -6 for 2 units

Over 56.5 for 2 units.
Let's make some waves.

HogfatherI agree.  LSU should kill the Vols, but.  That's just it there are too many buts.   Never forget the Vols have talent even if it's young.  I do think LSU kills them, but many more attractive gAmes out there for me to bet.

Everyone should remember.  You don't decide what you will be wAtching on tv and simply bet that game just because.  If you really believe LSU then by all means bet it.

If someone handed me money and I had to bet it I would take LSU, but to me this has trap game written all over it.  No way I think tenner wins, but that line I dunno.

He'll with all the injuries the Vols may run option and churn clock all game.
Let's make some waves.

Jon Ham

Ok, I'm locking them in:

Hawaii -6.5 San Jose St.
Hawaii-San Jose St. over 58
LSU -17 Tenn
AU +2 UF

Hoggy1

Hawaii -6
Bama -26
Ok. State -8
Cowboys + 7 1/2
Colts +7
Packers -15
Steelers -12 1/2
Raiders -6
Toledo -8 1/2
Michigan +2
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Blutoblutarsky

swinemaster

I'm going with home underdogs this week.  I know the favorites are rolling this year, and I will probably take a bath, but that's what makes playing fun.

Home DOG weekend:

Michigan State +3
Wazzou +21
Aubbie +2

Parlay these three with:

Kansas +36
Mississippi +28
Utah St. -3

Something's gotta change.  IT's been a rough year so far.

P.S. I'm going to bet whatever hogfanintx does next week if this doesn't work. ;)

WILL CLINTON

UNC -3....1*
I like UNC at home against a depleted Canes team. I know both of these teams are in disarray, but I feel UNC is holding it together better.

South Carolina -3....2*
I thin SC names their score against this pitiful Miss St D. Their O is getting just as bad. I'm looking for another Kentucky type day from SC.

BYU +3....2*
I really want to make this a 3*, but Im not because no matter how much of a read I think I have, Vegas always has a better one. I dont see anyway that BYU doesn't win by 10-14, but I'm going conservative here.

Mich St -3....2*
I can't believe I missed it at 2.5, that would have been s sure fire 3* winner. This may end up being just a push. I still love Mich ST. Maybe its because if Mich loses, then Arkansas is almost guaranteed a spot in the top 10 of the BCS standings coming out Sunday, but I'll go with blind homerism occasionally.

Georgia -11....1*
Riding the Georgia bus once again. I still think Vandy will go to a bowl game, but number 4 won't come against the Dawgs.
[/i]
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Jon Ham

October 14, 2011, 10:52:01 pm #365 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:56:35 pm by Jon Ham
This Hawaii-San Jose game has been nuts! Hawaii has had 6 turnovers, and San Jose has 5. That's the most in any game yet this season.

Hawaii is up 27-22 at the beginning of the 4th...

San Jose State just blocked an XP and picked it up and got 2 points! It would have been 28-20 had the XP been made.

October 14, 2011, 11:23:56 pm #366 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:26:32 pm by hogfanintx
Wow I was wrong. Special teams kill,
Let's make some waves.

hawgwild child

ok guys, i took hawaii for the to cover for my first pick...didnt think think 6 turnovers was gonna happen...fail, imma learn and get back with it tho

hawgwild child

Quote from: Jon Ham on October 14, 2011, 10:52:01 pm
This Hawaii-San Jose game has been nuts! Hawaii has had 6 turnovers, and San Jose has 5. That's the most in any game yet this season.

Hawaii is up 27-22 at the beginning of the 4th...
this...my first pick, i felt good and was excited and then...(&(*&(&

San Jose State just blocked an XP and picked it up and got 2 points! It would have been 28-20 had the XP been made.

Jon Ham

If they were to replay the game, I'd still take Hawaii -6.5 and over 58 again... Both offenses could move the ball but there was just an insane amount of turnovers. You win some you lose some... Hopefully LSU and AU cover and get me even on the weekend tomorrow.

weatherhawg

Couple of more picks and some thoughts going forward...

Went ahead and picked SMU (-3) over Central Florida...SMU is much improved this year and has been having some good offensive output ever since playing against A&M the first game of the season.  Last year when they played, yardage was about even (317-311) but turnovers hurt the Ponies.  Think they cover at home, especially after a bye week and momentum from upsetting TCU two weeks ago...

In my second ever parlay, I chose the following four picks:

OU vs. Kansas over (73.5)
Purdue +12 over Penn State
Toledo (-7.5) over Bowling Green
Western Michigan v. Northern Illinois over (69.5)

Wager was very small....not too worried if I miss one of these....

The developments in Oxford this week are very strange...particularly the timing (two days in advance of the game against Bama) and the fact that all the suspensions were offensive players.   I did some digging around for info and found several  unconfirmed rumors indicating that some players are a bit unhappy with the game plan for Alabama....and that there's some general unrest amongst the team.  This is unlike Houston Nutt...he seems to do a good job of rallying his troops in adversity.  But apparently there are a lot of problems down there (the "Forward Rebels" group is an indication of that.)  Take all this with a grain of salt...  but if any of this negativity begins to affect on-the-field play...it could be a sign to bet against Ole Miss for the remainder of the season (especially ATS...perhaps even SU)

I'd love to hear feedback....still new to all this...

Weather hog.

I love your bet on Toledo.
I am the other way taking Penn st

The two games you played the totals who knows.  I wouldn't play those two at all.  If I did I would have played the under on the ou game.  Yes Oklahoma may score 70 alone, but Kansas may not see the pay dirt all day.
Let's make some waves.

Okay apparently I have lost the plot.  Literally gone off the reservation but already made these plays.  Made way too many bad ju ju.

1 unit plays

Penn st -12
Clemson -8
VA Tech -6
Baylor +8
Byu +3
Georgia Tech -7
Pitt -6
Georgia -11
Illinois -3
Auburn +3

2 unit plays

Wisconsin -39.5
Ou -27

4 unit play

Fl st -12.5

Let's make some waves.

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 15, 2011, 08:22:18 am
Weather hog.

I love your bet on Toledo.
I am the other way taking Penn st

The two games you played the totals who knows.  I wouldn't play those two at
all.  If I did I would have played the under on the ou game.  Yes Oklahoma may score 70 alone, but Kansas may not see the pay dirt all day.

I see a 56-10 type game in Lawrence. Kansas is god awful

IBGPN

early games...Michigan State -3, Penn State -12, South Carolina -3 also parlayed Penn St -12 with under 41.

mckinneyhog5

Penn St-12 1/2
Mich St-3
North Carolina-3
BAylor+8
4 team Parlay
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Blutoblutarsky

Texas A&M  -4 1/2 for 1st half
Texas A&M. -7 for game
South car. -3

Then money lined south car. In a live bet after they went down 7-0. +3.5. (+135)

1unit each

yraciv

October 15, 2011, 02:07:49 pm #377 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:00:05 pm by yraciv
Posting all my play. Know I'm late , but all that started are still in question.
Mich St. -2.5
Baylor +9
West Mich -2
BYU +3.5
FL State -12.5
Stanford -22
NW +6.5
OK State -6

5-3; I'll take it

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on October 15, 2011, 12:50:57 pm
South car. -3
Quote from: IBGPN on October 15, 2011, 11:00:14 am
South Carolina -3
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 14, 2011, 08:16:10 pm
South Carolina -3....2*
I thin SC names their score against this pitiful Miss St D. Their O is getting just as bad. I'm looking for another Kentucky type day from SC.

And the rest of you, that safery was brutal.

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

liljohn41

i was so excited i was gonna win my first pick with usc -3
i knew what was about to happen when they lined up in the shotgun

WILL CLINTON

Are u kidding me? FU spurrier. I think I bought into the hype of SC's destruction of Ky.

And WTH is up with Miami? They had no business being in that game, much less winning. Not a good start today.

My single unit plays early were terrible.
Luckily I hit the 2 unit with wisconsin and the 4 unit with fl st.

Bumped OU to a 3 unit play.
Let's make some waves.

Boardon Hamsay

October 15, 2011, 06:51:43 pm #383 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:55:50 pm by rlh06
Ugh, this was a terrible week to get aggressive. 4-4 thus far. Won on Wiscy, LSU, aTm, and okie St. Lost on Illinois, michigan, USC-E, and GaTech. Still got some plays to make up the loses but this week is why you look at season to date success instead of week to week success.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Blutoblutarsky

I was deflated after the scar safety. Just makes me want Nov. 5th here earlier

Jon Ham

I'm headed for a break-even weekend, so I want to break the tie:

Utah St-Fresno St under 63
OU-Kansas under 71

Boardon Hamsay

Thank god for Bama's thrashing of Ole Missmatched. Up to 5-4 but plus 4 units from that game.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Just played Arizona ST +14.5 for 1 unit.

Also played second half line on Stanford -10.5
Let's make some waves.

Jon Ham

4-2 on the weekend! I'll take it...

Utah St-Fresno St under 63 W
OU-Kansas under 71 W
AU +2 UF W
LSU -17 Tenn W
Hawaii-San Jose St over 58 L
Hawaii -6.5 San Jose St L

Jon Ham

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 15, 2011, 08:15:45 pm
Just played Arizona ST +14.5 for 1 unit.

Nice late night play! Oregon's up by 14 and State has the ball with under a minute left.

Jon Ham

NFL picks anyone? I'm going with:

Patriots -7 Cowboys
New Orleans -6 Tampa Bay

agr347

I like:

Pittsburgh -13
New Orleans -5.5
Philadelphia -1.5
Oakland-7

Not sure which of those I will take, but that is what stands out to me when I look at it.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Well finished yesterday +1 unit, but factor in the juice and came out a bit behind.  Sooners messed up what would have been a nice day.

Early action today
Steelers -12
Packers -14
Bills +3.5
Lions -4
Atlanta -4
Skins +3

Those were all 1 unit plays.

Also did a 4 team round robin that consists of 6 2 team parlays. Washington, Detroit, Houston, new Orleans.

Did 4 team round robin that is 4 3 team parlays steelers, redskins, falcons, texans.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 14, 2011, 08:16:10 pm
UNC -3....1*
I like UNC at home against a depleted Canes team. I know both of these teams are in disarray, but I feel UNC is holding it together better.

South Carolina -3....2*

BYU +3....2*
I really want to make this a 3*, but Im not because no matter how much of a read I think I have, Vegas always has a better one. I dont see anyway that BYU doesn't win by 10-14, but I'm going conservative here.

Mich St -3....2*
I can't believe I missed it at 2.5, that would have been s sure fire 3* winner. This may end up being just a push. I still love Mich ST. Maybe its because if Mich loses, then Arkansas is almost guaranteed a spot in the top 10 of the BCS standings coming out Sunday, but I'll go with blind homerism occasionally.

Georgia -11....1*
Riding the Georgia bus once again. I still think Vandy will go to a bowl game, but number 4 won't come against the Dawgs.
[/i]

Wow what a week. A safety for SC, I was completely off on North Carolina, and Vandy bit me in the ass with their last TD. 2-3 on the week.

2010-2011 record

21-13-0   Profit: $919  Bankroll: $1919

Both of the picks I won, I was leaning toward making them 3*'s. This could have been a really good week, instead, I ended up +less than .5 a unit.

Boardon Hamsay

Finished an aggressive week 6-4, with Bama and Oregon coming through late to finish in the black.  25-9 for the season. This week will be toned down a bit me thinks.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Saints-6.2  for 2 units

Browns pats texans saints 4 team round robin. 6 2 team parlays and 4 3 tea era.

1 unit
Browns +6.5
Texans +8
Pats -6.5

I tried to post this earlier.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: rlh06 on October 16, 2011, 02:39:35 pm
Finished an aggressive week 6-4, with Bama and Oregon coming through late to finish in the black.  25-9 for the season. This week will be toned down a bit me thinks.

Do we have documentation on that 25-9. If there is I might look.  Does me no good if I can't look at those plays before the games.  I mean that's garbage.  If you are that solid why not share with others?  That's really pretty typical.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

I saw the pats at -6 while in church, but thought I'd have better karma if I waited to place the bet till afterwards. My conviction cost me a point!
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Okay  bears -3 dime play.  There you go.  10 units.
Let's make some waves.