Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State has the schedule and experience for a massive run in 2018

Started by Seminole Indian, February 15, 2018, 10:05:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"This is a loaded offense, and if a reconfigured defensive line holds up, the back seven could dominate. Anderson's cupboard is full. If there are steadier hands — or better bounces — to be found, this might be the year the Red Wolves find them."

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/15/16999218/arkansas-state-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

And if they don't meet YOUR expectations you'll be sure to bash Anderson for his shortcomings if past history is any indicator.  ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

I'm good with Blake Anderson after he said in the recruiting video they lost some games they should not have and talent was not the issue. Said they lost because they were undisciplined, and not attentive to details, and that sounded like coaching to me.

He also said after the bowl game he will fix the problem, and I believe him. Of course I believed Malzahn when he said he was not leaving after one year.

I do know A-State has more talent than eleven of the twelve teams on their schedule next year, and will likely be favored in all but one or two games,  so 8-9 wins maybe.

As far as their record they have hit my predictions in three of Anderson's four years including last year, although on the low side.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

After thinking about it I'll stick with my 8 win +/-1 predictions for them in 2018, although they will probably be favored in at least 10 of their regular season games.

Bottom line Blake Anderson & Company are solid recruiters, but painfully average when it comes to coaching.