Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

taintlint

I'm very hard on him on this board and maybe I should tone it down.

But my frustration stems from being the equivalent of a brain dead monkey relative to say, DVH, who has forgot more about the game than I will ever learn, yet, he puts Eibner on the mound against LSU in the CWS?!?

Are you kidding me? Eibner?

I apologize if I have crossed any lines with my harsh words towards Eibner but Jesus. The kid has no business out there in games like these.

cosmodrum

Quote from: taintlint on June 16, 2009, 10:43:41 am
I'm very hard on him on this board and maybe I should tone it down.

But my frustration stems from being the equivalent of a brain dead monkey relative to say, DVH, who has forgot more about the game than I will ever learn, yet, he puts Eibner on the mound against LSU in the CWS?!?

Are you crapting me? Eibner?

I apologize if I have crossed any lines with my harsh words towards Eibner but Jesus. The kid has no business out there in games like these.

You're right about Eibner. Just your observation. Should've went with our next best pitcher besides Keuchel, and that's not Eibner. I would've went with Smyly.
Go away, batin'

TuckFexas

One often loses when playing slot machines. However, it just takes one spin to hit the jackpot. Eibner is like a slot machine. Most of the time this season he just takes your money but he did hit a jackpot against UGA throwing 9 innings while giving up no runs on only one hit. I think DVH was hoping for the jackpot so he could make it to the semi-finals with two lefties to throw at LSU.

Eibner has a ton of potential. He has the build to be a dominant pitcher. He has the arm to be a dominant pitcher. What he lacks is command and a good out pitch. His slider is sub-par and he can't command it so the hitters just wait for that fastball over the heart of the plate they know they're going to get. He needs to work on his command in the off-season and develop an out pitch, I'd prefer that be a change-up. The kid can pump it 92-94mph already, throw in an 81-83mph change-up and hitters are left guessing. There's a reason the Astros drafted him in the 4th round out of high school. They see what there is to work with and felt they could develop him. The most important thing he lacks is attitude. He's too passive on the mound. He doesn't get mad when he gets knocked around. At least, he doesn't act like he's mad. He needs to go out there with the attitude: "you're not gonna hit this, motherfugger," and then believe it.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 16, 2009, 11:03:44 am
One often loses when playing slot machines. However, it just takes one spin to hit the jackpot. Eibner is like a slot machine. Most of the time this season he just takes your money but he did hit a jackpot against UGA throwing 9 innings while giving up no runs on only one hit. I think DVH was hoping for the jackpot so he could make it to the semi-finals with two lefties to throw at LSU.

Eibner has a ton of potential. He has the build to be a dominant pitcher. He has the arm to be a dominant pitcher. What he lacks is command and a good out pitch. His slider is sub-par and he can't command it so the hitters just wait for that fastball over the heart of the plate they know they're going to get. He needs to work on his command in the off-season and develop an out pitch, I'd prefer that be a change-up. The kid can pump it 92-94mph already, throw in an 81-83mph change-up and hitters are left guessing. There's a reason the Astros drafted him in the 4th round out of high school. They see what there is to work with and felt they could develop him. The most important thing he lacks is attitude. He's too passive on the mound. He doesn't get mad when he gets knocked around. At least, he doesn't act like he's mad. He needs to go out there with the attitude: "you're not gonna hit this, motherfugger," and then believe it.

Spot on about Eibner - he has all the physical tools, and talent. Orel Hershiser talked about his flaws in his delivery, and he was right. He gets his head and shoulders behind his back at the top, which causes him to leave that fastball up. You know what happens to those...
Go away, batin'

hoglady

Maybe Smyly wasn't mentally ready to go.
We don't know how emotionally drained he may have been due to his grandfather's death.
Being available for relief and starting are 2 different things.

We didn't do in this loss, what we've done in our post season wins.
That's hit with runners on base. Not 1 timely hit the whole game.
We let LSU play with a comfortable lead the whole game. We pitched well enough after Eibner was pulled to get back in the game - we just didn't do it.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Clint Alan

Might should go ahead and change the thread name
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

V B Porkers

hog-man

I think AR is gonna wake up, and come out today and put a beating on virginia.  we know they have what it takes!
:razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

TuckFexas

Rain, rain, stay away, we would like to play ball today. WPS, go Hogs!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hogfan1986

I have 2 questions regarding tonights game.

Who is Virginia starting and who will be the home team?

Chuck Boarris

PorkRyan

Quote from: hogfan1986 on June 17, 2009, 11:02:46 am
I have 2 questions regarding tonights game.

Who is Virginia starting and who will be the home team?

Hultzen is starting and Virginia is the home team

RazorWire™

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 17, 2009, 09:59:16 am
Rain, rain, stay away, we would like to play ball today. WPS, go Hogs!

We win when it rains ...

Just sayin

hog.goblin

Is it wise to have the word "loss" in the title of the thread?

razorbackfan86

010HogFan

hog-man

check out arkansas--virginia  who moves on.  and tell me if you agree with me.
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

razorbackfan86

If Arkansas can win tonight I think we can pull out a win vs LSU on Friday and set up a showdown with them the next game

hog-man

Quote from: tallahasseehog on June 17, 2009, 01:41:05 pm
Whew.  I am relieved!  WPS, lets beat those ACC hacks!!
this is gonna be a warm up game for our next meeting with lsu,      but yes we have to take it seriuosly...... :razorback: GO_HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

PoormansRobbyHampton

I'm not gonna lie... I was ok with Eibner starting. Now after the fact I can confidently say that it wasn't a good call, but I'm not sure I would have done anything different, before the game at least.

Big game tonight. If we win, we clinch at least a .500 trip to Omaha and set up a situation with LSU. They're tough, but as they say, you can't win it unless you're in it. And I'id rather be having to beat LSU two straight than be at home, and I think this team can do it.

WPS!!!

hog-man

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 17, 2009, 01:35:02 pm
If Arkansas can win tonight I think we can pull out a win vs LSU on Friday and set up a showdown with them the next game
that is was i think. if we can get on a roll, we have a good chance of rolling over lsu........twice.   go hogs  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hog-man

who all has a problem with me putting the score on another post, so the fans who cant watch the game can see the score, and just the score.  if it is that big of a deal, ill close it.  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

010HogFan

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on June 17, 2009, 01:53:10 pm
I'm not gonna lie... I was ok with Eibner starting. Now after the fact I can confidently say that it wasn't a good call, but I'm not sure I would have done anything different, before the game at least.

Big game tonight. If we win, we clinch at least a .500 trip to Omaha and set up a situation with LSU. They're tough, but as they say, you can't win it unless you're in it. And I'id rather be having to beat LSU two straight than be at home, and I think this team can do it.

WPS!!!

This.

I'm excited about the game, because I think of it this way: I got excited for regular season games so WHY NOT get excited for a game at the CWS that actually means something?

razorbackfan86

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 17, 2009, 02:28:59 pm
This.

I'm excited about the game, because I think of it this way: I got excited for regular season games so WHY NOT get excited for a game at the CWS that actually means something?

Agree.. I'm excited to watch it with all the hog fans in this thread

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: hog-man on June 17, 2009, 02:24:39 pm
who all has a problem with me putting the score on another post, so the fans who cant watch the game can see the score, and just the score.  if it is that big of a deal, ill close it.  :razorback:

I would say don't mess with karma.  Baseball is the most superstitious game you will ever come across.  The big thread has done us good so far.

hog-man

fine ill trash the other,  tell me how to get rid of it. i dont want to mess with a fellow fans karma go hogs  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on June 17, 2009, 02:33:26 pm
I would say don't mess with karma.  Baseball is the most superstitious game you will ever come across.  The big thread has done us good so far.
ok so I played golf the days of both florida state games and the cal state game (I did still watch them play) but didnt the night of lsu. Sooooooooo
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

010HogFan

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on June 17, 2009, 02:43:18 pm
ok so I played golf the days of both florida state games and the cal state game (I did still watch them play) but didnt the night of lsu. Sooooooooo

Go hit the back 9 real fast.

jst01

Is someone going to spell "LOSE" correctly on the title of this thread?? 

razorbackfan86

So, by the sounds of it, you should get back to watching the HOGS play

hog-man

jst01-------     they dont want to mess with karma :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

jst01

Quote from: hog-man on June 17, 2009, 02:52:34 pm
  jst01-------     they dont want to mess with karma :razorback:

we look like some really intelligent fans with that big bold typo

Junkyard Hog

You got it.  Time to hit the links.

ballhog™

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on June 17, 2009, 02:58:03 pm
You got it.  Time to hit the links.

If you are any kind of Hog fan, you will head to the golf course. :D
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

chiefsfan

I will be missing tonights game on TV because of work

at this point the only gave this year ive seen on TV was the LSU loss.   and Ive missed both FSU games and the CSF game.  So hopefully that brings luck

to take it a step farther.  The 9 run comeback against Washington State didnt start till I went to work.  and I missed the First 8 innings of the 11-0 win over OU,  came back for the 9th and watched Smyly blow his no hitter

If we win today I might have to skip the rest of the CWS
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hog-man on June 17, 2009, 09:55:36 am
I think AR is gonna wake up, and come out today and put a beating on virginia.  we know they have what it takes!
:razorback:
I wish I could wholeheartedly agree with you but something about VA tells me it won't be easy. If I had to pick a winner, I'd pick VA. If the Hogs win, it will be very close.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: taintlint on June 16, 2009, 09:57:42 am
We lost when the decision to pitch Eibner was made. Period. End of story.

Wasn't that decision made on Saturday? Saturday night? That's when we lost.

I said in the first inning of this thread, only one or two pitches in, that Eibner wouldn't see the 3rd inning. It's not that hard folks. The kid can't pitch.

Too many "Hog fans", blinded by loyalty, around here that wont be objective and call a spade a spade.

(By the way, no, I can't do any better. But I can't fly a plane either and that isn't going to stop me from asking the flight attendant why Ray Charles is in the cockpit.)
I thought Ray died. You've seen him recently?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hog-man

:razorback: i never said it'll be easy, but i think that ar will wake up and smell the roses. and take out their anger from getting whipped by lsu an vir.  i guess we just gotta wait and see what happens, huh.
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hoglady on June 16, 2009, 01:53:32 pm
Maybe Smyly wasn't mentally ready to go.
We don't know how emotionally drained he may have been due to his grandfather's death.
Being available for relief and starting are 2 different things.

We didn't do in this loss, what we've done in our post season wins.
That's hit with runners on base. Not 1 timely hit the whole game.
We let LSU play with a comfortable lead the whole game. We pitched well enough after Eibner was pulled to get back in the game - we just didn't do it.
What? It was his grandfather...not his father. That doesn't mentally drain you so that you can't be prepared to play in CWS!! Not just any ole baseball game. Hey coach, I don't think I can go today. I am not mentally prepared due to my 80 yr old grandfather dying from, well, old age. Let's not get crazy here...no offense intended, Hoglady.

hog-man

not cool at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: ballhog on June 17, 2009, 03:01:51 pm
If you are any kind of Hog fan, you will head to the golf course. :D
I really need to mow the lawn but I guess I will take one for the team. I get off at 6pm so Im gonna have to hurry
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

hog-man

June 17, 2009, 04:43:34 pm #8745 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:01:07 pm by hog-man
true fan, true fan,    way to take one for the team. :razorback:
i applaud you for your fanmanship.
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Razorbadarse

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 17, 2009, 03:42:41 pm
What? It was his grandfather...not his father. That doesn't mentally drain you so that you can't be prepared to play in CWS!! Not just any ole baseball game. Hey coach, I don't think I can go today. I am not mentally prepared due to my 80 yr old grandfather dying from, well, old age. Let's not get crazy here...no offense intended, Hoglady.
You have no idea the relationship between Smyly and any member of his family. You can't make that kind of assumption. It's a baseball game. Key word being game. If he is torn up by his grandfather's death he should take as much time away from this GAME as he needs.
  I've had alot of friends and family pass away and it's gotten to the point it doesn't even really bother me that much, but thats only something I can say about myself. You can NEVER assume someones feelings and mental state after a loss of someone close.

hog-man

52 min, 46 45 44 43 42, seconds until?
:razorback:GAME TIME  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hog-man

Quote from: tallahasseehog on June 17, 2009, 05:08:28 pm
I am guessing you are joking?  If not, google it!
na. ill just stay lost on that subject.
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!