Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Yurachek make a big splash?

Started by checkraiser88, March 16, 2018, 11:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Hearing grumblings, but not sure? Pork, you got anything?I'll say this much, if the local media turns on Mike at all this coming week there may be something brewing, but we'll see!

Breems

Not this season. The real question is after next season.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BannerMountainMan

You've made 5 threads about this same thing 😂 Reaching are yah
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 11:35:28 pm

Just hoping for some good news about Hog basketball is my guess.

steveaustin69

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 11:35:28 pm

You love mike for no reason. Reaching are ya? Is 3/7 good?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 11:34:00 pm
His 25th at Arkansas.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 11:34:00 pm

Next season is a reload year, you make the decision now. Looking at social media right now and Anderson didn't have a good day at all

cardsNhogs

I would love to have a new head coach next year but isn't happening.. We had two of the best guards in the country and Daniel Gafford this season and we were really Mediocre. Mike Anderson teams are really difficult to watch.

Snout team

Not happening.  Maybe if the bud was empty but not now.  Ticket sales are the highest they have been in years.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

hoglady

All I know is - they'd better have his successor in hand.
I am certainly not interested in going down another John Pelphrey road.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

Quote from: hoglady on March 17, 2018, 12:09:06 am

Mike in 7 seasons only has 1 more NCAAT game win than did Pel in 4.  I really could not care less about regular season results if the seasons keep ending the 1st weekend of the NCAAT. Do you think anyone cares that VA won more ACC games than anyone in history? Does anyone care that AZ won the Pac12?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigture perfect

Memphis was certainly not watching our situation closely. They just hired their own version or CMA. They won't be able to fire Penny either.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogsanity

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 17, 2018, 12:17:26 am
Memphis was certainly not watching our situation closely. They just hired their own version or CMA. They won't be able to fire Penny either.

Big difference is hat Penny is very involved in the AAU scene, and is a god in Memphis. He will get talent to come back to Tiger High.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 12:17:13 am
Mike in 7 seasons only has 1 more NCAAT game win than did Pel in 4.  I really could not care less about regular season results if the seasons keep ending the 1st weekend of the NCAAT. Do you think anyone cares that VA won more ACC games than anyone in history? Does anyone care that AZ won the Pac12?

Would much rather be in the 1st round of NCAA's than sitting at home or NIT.  I'm amazed at how you all think we can actually get a decent replacement.  Stan Heath and John Pelphrey say hello. 

No one is knocking on our door.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Oliver

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 16, 2018, 11:32:15 pm
Hearing grumblings, but not sure? Pork, you got anything?I'll say this much, if the local media turns on Mike at all this coming week there may be something brewing, but we'll see!

They've already made a splash with their idiotic contract extension

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 12:19:42 am
Big difference is hat Penny is very involved in the AAU scene, and is a god in Memphis. He will get talent to come back to Tiger High.

Yes he will.  Not good news for Arkansas at all.

hogsanity

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 17, 2018, 12:21:38 am
Would much rather be in the 1st round of NCAA's than sitting at home or NIT.  I'm amazed at how you all think we can actually get a decent replacement.  Stan Heath and John Pelphrey say hello. 

Coaching hires are ALWAYS a crap shoot, but it does not mean a program should not try to find better. Just remember, every great coach was once a up and comer.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Oliver on March 17, 2018, 12:22:51 am
They've already made a splash with their idiotic contract extension

That was a Jeff Long deal that wasn't announced until after he was gone is what I believe I read.

steveaustin69

I'm amazed at people that think this is acceptable in a sport Arkansas produces AT LEAST one upper D1 player a year where you only play five players. We are paying Mike 2.2 mil for this crap. I can't speak for the rest of the fan base but my donations are done for the time being.

Wild Bill Hog

Because our coaching position isn't open is why.  Do you not understand that?  It's pretty simple actually.

Eddie Sutton came from Creighton, Nolan Richardson came from Tulsa, Dean Smith was an Assistant at NC, Coach K was the coach at West Point, Tom Izzo was an Assistant at Michigan State, etc.  Young hungry coaches are out there.  We would be able to hire one of them.

STLhawg

Quote from: cardsNhogs on March 16, 2018, 11:48:35 pm
We had two of the best guards in the country and Daniel Gafford this season...
If only that were true; we might have beaten Butler.  Don't get me wrong those guys are pretty good, but neither is near the best guard in the country.

Mike Anderson teams are really difficult to watch.
That is so true sometimes!

STLhawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 17, 2018, 12:44:15 am
Young hungry coaches are out there.  We would be able to hire one of them.
You mean like Stan Heath?

Wild Bill Hog

AirWarren

Mike Anderson is like the Parents who have a rule book for the children thick as the family Bible but none of it is enforced.  Our players play if they want to and don't if they don't want to.  We have better talent than showed up today.  Our coach won't tear some ass up.  Even our best teams played if they chose to and didn't if they didn't feel like it.  Humans will be humans and one of the reasons coaches are necessary is to motivate, demand and get results or else.  And the else should not be pretty.  Mike will simply not do that and the results we have are the results we can expect.  Nothing will change.

Pork Twain

Would much rather be in the 1st round of NCAA’s than sitting at home or NIT.  I’m amazed at how you all think we can actually get a decent replacement.  Stan Heath and John Pelphrey say hello. 

I am amazed that you are critical of Heath and Pelphrey to prove your point, when MA has just done a little more than either of them.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

porkrindjimmy

Jesus...do you hear yourself people?

It was a bitter and disappointing day for all of us but get a grip.

Mike isn't getting fired. We just finished a season with 20+ wins again. It wasn't our day. Plain and simple.

Is Virginia going to fire their coach? Arizona gonna fire one? TCU gonna chase Dixon?

I am not happy. He needs to change assistants, that I will agree with but he is our coach and he will continue to be.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

And the people who are going after Daniel Gafford on Twitter, shame on you. He is 18 years old and a pretty fine kid and for people to attack him is uncalled for.

In November, he was considered a project. A project. And he had a nice season. But we need the kid back next year, he needs to come back next year and the people who are dissing him aren't helping the situation.

It needs to stop.

PRJ

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 17, 2018, 01:28:56 am

Mike isn't getting fired. We just finished a season with 20+ wins again. It wasn't our day. Plain and simple.

Is Virginia going to fire their coach? Arizona gonna fire one? TCU gonna chase Dixon?

I am not happy. He needs to change assistants, that I will agree with but he is our coach and he will continue to be.

PRJ

So do you feel that pressure will be put on Anderson to replace some assistants?

The Boar War

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 17, 2018, 01:21:49 am
I am amazed that you are critical of Heath and Pelphrey to prove your point, when MA has just done a little more than either of them.

Yesterday was bad (there's no doubt).  But if you want to equate the Heath and Pel eras with Anderson's tenure it's simply because you've forgotten how bad they really were.

The Boar War

Quote from: hoglady on March 17, 2018, 12:09:06 am

After the football coaching search I have zero faith in anyone up there making a coaching hire.

98hogs

I would love to have a new head coach next year but isn't happening.. We had two of the best guards in the country and Daniel Gafford this season and we were really Mediocre. Mike Anderson teams are really difficult to watch.
We didn't have a point guard

Nickle-Pig

someone threw a quarter in the pool?
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

Kevin

ad does not have the guts to fire him. nobody does.

we will go .500 next year, the excuse will be youth and gafford leaving. 
round & round it goes, when it stops nobody knows.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The real Hogules

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 17, 2018, 01:28:56 am

PRJ

Bama football was wallowing in mediocrity under Shula and the head coach refused to let some of his assistants go, so Bama ended up firing the entire staff. I think we know how their next hire has turned out. If Mike isn't willing to cut dead weight he needs to be fired and not wait for the bad season that most know is coming next season.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 17, 2018, 12:17:26 am

I live in a Memphis suburb. Penny is a MUCH bigger name in Memphis than Mike ever was or will be in  Arkansas. They will fire him if they think it is best. They fired the number one biggest name in Memphis basketball history in  Larry Finch.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HardCore

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 16, 2018, 11:38:26 pm
Next season is a reload year, you make the decision now. Looking at social media right now and Anderson didn't have a good day at all

Correct.  Unless he has a top ten class coming in next year, it is pointless to carry this out any longer.  If Mike won't set the expectation, then Yurachek needs to.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

tomahawkhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 17, 2018, 01:31:32 am
And the people who are going after Daniel Gafford on Twitter, shame on you. He is 18 years old and a pretty fine kid and for people to attack him is uncalled for.

In November, he was considered a project. A project. And he had a nice season. But we need the kid back next year, he needs to come back next year and the people who are dissing him aren't helping the situation.

It needs to stop.

PRJ

No doubt. Disappointed in the loss today, but EMBARRASED by some of our 'fans'. Get a life losers.
Go Hogs!

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: tomahawkhog on March 17, 2018, 07:30:23 am
No doubt. Disappointed in the loss today, but EMBARRASED by some of our 'fans'. Get a life losers.

I'm embarrassed by the inept coaching staff. 7 years of nothing

bigred223

Quote from: tomahawkhog on March 17, 2018, 07:30:23 am

Yes, a lot of our fans are trashy and have loud mouths.

rhames

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 16, 2018, 11:38:26 pm

Lol. No AD is hiring or firing any body based on Twitter. Next year is going to be tough for Mike. When the stands are empty due to people not caring, he will probably be gone.

Yesterday sucked and made the over all season disappointing,  but it isn't a reason fo fire a coach.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawgbawb

One guard was 1st team All-SEC and one was Second Team. That might make them a top 10 guard tandem. Gafford is an excellent freshman, but he's still a freshman. We should have won yesterday, but Butler was hot. Their guards looked every bit as good as ours.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bigred223 on March 17, 2018, 07:54:25 am
Yes, a lot of our fans are trashy and have loud mouths AND higher expectations after seven seasons.

Fify
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2018, 08:00:05 am

Fify

Having high expectations doesn't give you the right to talk trash to someone Twitter.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Razorpigg

God you people... Look, NOONE, other than you hogville loudmouth keyboard peckers, have any thoughts of MA not being here to coach the Razorbacks. Do yall just grunt real big and come up with this stuff? Yurachek is gonna do nothing but say Congrats coach on a great season.

TrueBlue

0 Conference titles under Mike and also going on 20 YEARS since our last Sweet 16. And we think we actually care about basketball. Funny when you think about it.

sooie dog

Quote from: Razorpigg on March 17, 2018, 10:56:42 am
God you people... Look, NOONE, other than you hogville loudmouth keyboard peckers, have any thoughts of MA not being here to coach the Razorbacks. Do yall just grunt real big and come up with this stuff? Yurachek is gonna do nothing but say Congrats coach on a great season.

Great season? You wouldn't know a great season if it slapped you in the face. What was so great about it?

WMHawgfan

i will answer that question with a question. Do you stick with CMA knowing this is the ceiling? Or do you roll the dice and go after an up and comer who may or may not do much better?

You can bad mouth Heath but CMA hasn't done any better. He just coached the style of play everyone seems to have to have.

I know he isn't going anywhere but we will see after next season when that no losing season streak gets threatened.