Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found the next Matt Jones

Started by HornetHog, March 14, 2005, 04:35:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetHog

Maybe this should be in the Tavern, but I have found the next Matt Jones.

He's a blond haired, blue eyed Mama's boy who is 6'1, can already hang on the B-Ball rim, palm a basketball, runs a 4.8, and wears a size15 shoe...the thing is......he just turned 13 YEARS OLD!.... and is the son of a very, very close friend of my family.  His Mom lives in the Tulsa area and is very interested in moving to the Springdale area just to get in line to be coached by Gus M.  I will be working with him this summer on a weekly basis on the fundelmentals of Quarterbacking.  I already train  Jr High & High School level kids in my free time.  This kid is a freak.  He has the size with the coordination even at this age.  Also straight A's.  Has a sister that plays soccor for Williams Jewell out of MO.  she was the only freshman to play in last years National Tourney finals.  The entire family are ex athletes and the mother is the smartest parent I've ever been around regarding descions for her kids future.  She has asked me for help regarding information about living in Springdale.  Which school, should she look at..Shiloh or Springdale..?  She's a single mom that has had a tremendous bit of bad luck with an ugly divorce.  However,  a mother of three that at one point, basicly lived out of a car, and now picked herself up, sacrificed everything she could for her children, and is currently at the age of 41, a semester short of graduating at OU.  She drove from Tulsa to Norman three times a week with a currier company so she would make money while she drove to class each week.  She has one daugher already with a full ride playing soccor and no question her son Lance has better potencial than any 7th grader to write his own ticket some day.  If anyone has any idea of helpful advice for her regarding areas to live, companies to apply for work while she finishes school, realtors, etc. Please let me know.

Listen for the name Lance Kithcens.

Hornet Hog
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

returntoglory

hey while you are training this kid make sure he doesnt throw three yards behind recievers and actually tucks the ball when he runs.

3kgthog

Looks like Hornethog has found his next stalking victim since Jake Christensen is no longer available.

HornetHog

stalking.....I look forward to meeting you at a tailgate..that's if you ever get from behind your little keyboard..computer boy.(3kgthog)  Christensen is also a friend of the family as well.  He did exactly what I spoke of for a year..signed with a D-1 school and took 6 other top 10 kids with him.  pencil prick(3kgthog)

has this site turned into the 5th year freshman geek dork hangout?  pathetic

apologies to all the serious hog fans
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

El Dog Hog

HH, What is your relation to the quaterback position? Not blasting, just curious. And are you from Bryant?

SonOfMud

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 14, 2005, 05:42:24 pm
Looks like Hornethog has found his next stalking victim since Jake Christensen is no longer available.

Tard.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

OKhogfan1959

Hornet hog don't let them get to you...Just keep doing what you're doing....Sounds like you have a good heart....I look forward to seeing the kid play for the Hogs in the future..As it turns out we should have signed Christenson...I don't know how anyone can really argue that...I hope the guy form Texas works out but I doubt he'll ever see the field at Ark...

GRUMPY35

Hey nice piece on the message board Hornet Hog. Might i suggest www.lindsey&assosciates.com as far as housing goes, and www.nwahelpwanted.com for the employment, or some other web site with job postings. This would at least be a place to start, and for the record i don't have any professional ties to either web site i gave. Just a suggestion. Since lindsey is the largest realestate company in nwa I thought it might help. Also you may all ready know this but Shiloh Christian is a private school with a reasonably high tuition. If the young man you are touting is really that good and smart, however getting in Shiloh Christian may be no problem.

GRUMPY35

Hey Hornet Hog might i make another suggestion on possible high schools to attend. This one may sound really out there to the average hog fan making postings on this message board. Let me recommend Lincoln High School. I know everyone with a mouse and a key pad will join you on belittling my suggestion, with a big fat HUH????, but b4 everyone goes off on me for this one. Let me clue u in Hog Fans. Lincoln's high school team has really sucked for sometime now, but the Junior High team one the tough aaa west conference last season, with a big,strong athletic offensive and defensive line and talented skill players, but no All-State caliber QB, and this might just add fule to the already flaming hot fire i have just started, but they may have an All-State RB
His name is Cody Hammer. He has legit 4.4-4.5 speed. He is about 5'9 175-180. He will be in 9th grade next football season if His achedemics are ok. He just might be an All-State guard in b-ball as well.

WindyCityHog

I agree with Grumpy....Hornet, keep it up....I don't understand why people give you a hard time about this.....I talk to a kid named Jon Scheyer frequently.....and he's a top 30 junior nationally in HS basketball....Does that make me a stalker?

Don't go away....and you guys that blast him....say what you want....but Christensen will be someone the Hogs wish they had down the road....and that's not a jab at Mortensen.

Dances With Hogs

HornetHog

Update

I received a return call today from Jim Lindsey today and after explaining this family's situation, he asked for her to call him anytime, and that they would make sure they would find some good solutions for her and her son.  What a hell'ava guy Mr Lindsey is!

For those too young to remember who this man is ....He is real-estate Giant that offices out of the Northwest corner of Arkansas as well as a member of the 64 National Championship team.  He also played in the NFL for the Minn Vikings.  If anyone ever has the opportunity to visit the Museum at the Frank Broyles North Endzone Complex, you will see two statues of Ex Hogs football players.  One is Jim Lindsey and the other is Jerry Jones(owner of the Dallas cowboys)

Route66....little help if you have anything at all with Jim Lindsey on it.  Thanks!

HH

Hogger

Quote from: HornetHog on March 28, 2005, 01:31:40 pm
Update

I received a return call today from Jim Lindsey today and after explaining this family's situation, he asked for her to call him anytime, and that they would make sure they would find some good solutions for her and her son. What a hell'ava guy Mr Lindsey is!

For those too young to remember who this man is ....He is real-estate Giant that offices out of the Northwest corner of Arkansas as well as a member of the 64 National Championship team. He also played in the NFL for the Minn Vikings. If anyone ever has the opportunity to visit the Museum at the Frank Broyles North Endzone Complex, you will see two statues of Ex Hogs football players. One is Jim Lindsey and the other is Jerry Jones(owner of the Dallas cowboys)

Route66....little help if you have anything at all with Jim Lindsey on it. Thanks!

HH

He also is probably too close to the Athletic Department for this to be legal.  Careful.

HornetHog

Good point............he's in real estate.....she needs a home for her and her son.  What could be wrong....she wouldn't take anything free...this lady is not from that mold.  It would have to be a normal close on a home type deal.

I wish I knew more about today's NCAA rules and laws regarding help.  Last season I spoke with Louis Campbell when we  were discussing Jake Christensen coming to Arkansas and he said if the student athlete is younger than the 9th grade...many rules do not apply (many..not all)

willie Cutts

You might want to check further into the whole idea of "moving to Springdale and playing for Gus M " deal. With the new Har-Ber high opening in the fall and playing football in 06, there is alot of talk about which school will eventually have the best football program.  Most of the better athletes will be going to the new school.  Chris Wood, hired this week as Gus's offensive coordinator will be the Head Coach at one of the High Schools, the question is which one? Would Gus go to Har-Ber? Is there any kinda package deal at the UA if Gus can get Mustain to sign with the Hogs? Lots of questions right now. ???

HornetHog

Very good points willie Cutts.........my guess by the time this 13 yr old kid gets to the age of playing HS ball, Gus will be long gone.

hey just curious.....why is your username "willie Cutts"? 

willie Cutts

'cause the man is keepin me down! Sometimes we all feel like Willie did and would like to flip 'em the bird, drop an F bomb and walk off. That whole incident is still one of the funniest things to ever happen at a Razorback game.

WindyCityHog

Wasn't Willie Cutts the HS basketball phenom (HS All-American) that originally signed on with the Hogs, but instead enrolled at ASU?
Whatever happened to him?

willie Cutts

Willie enrolled at the UA and played quite a bit until one game Eddie Sutton pulled him out. As willie walked off the court he basically told Eddie to "F " himself and walked to the dressing room and straight to oblivion. Willie did a little time at Cummings a few years ago for something that I'm sure wasnt his fault. She told him she was 18.

Back to this kid phenom, he might consider Shiloh. They have a good young group of coaches that probably arent going anywhere for a while. I know the program well and the group of kids in his age group there are very talented. The smallest  kid on their 7th grade Offensive line this year was around 160lbs. Good size but they need speed. He might could step in and play right away.

HornetHog

Little fact about Willie.......I played BB with him at Bryant....that's right he was a Hornet.  We won state my Sr year....his Jr year.  We were AAA back then and had a great team before he transferred from conway. We had already beat Parkview, Hall, along with several other AAAAA schools by Christmas break before Willie transferred to Bryant.  We were all big eared Howdy Doody looking buck-tooth white boys that could go. When Willie transferred he was the icing on the cake that we needed.   His Adopted dad was also his Summer league Jr Olympic coach...Crawford was his last name I think, and also lived in the Bryant School district.  We played Conway the year before when he still played for conway and  as a 10th grader..he lit us up for 30+ points.  He did have a tuff way to go growing up and handed a silver spoon when he developed he BB skills.  It would've screwed up many kids in his same situation.  But let me say...he did have his ass kissed like no other athlete that had ever come through the Bryant school system. I used to watch his summerAAU team practice at Bryant ..with Dennis Nutt for those of you who are old enough, and he was amazing. We had Bob Night, Tark from UNLV among other great coaches all hang out at out school in 81-82.  We beat Hall in the State semi-finals when the AAA had to play the AAAAA ...but only to have Keith Lee beat us 9 points i n the final.  West Memphis had a lot of talent other than Keith that year...a lot!

Back to Willie..for a guy that received National attention like he did....he was a very, very nice guy that would go out of his way for anyone....maybe because he was  so stoned all the time...not really.  He really didn't smoke much until he made it to the hill.  I actually knew where he got it most of the time when he would go buy it.  Without question all the silver spoon treatment created a monster when it came to authority figures for him.

Yes HoginMemphis.......its all true.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: willie Cutts on March 31, 2005, 02:35:07 pm

Back to this kid phenom, he might consider Shiloh. They have a good young group of coaches that probably arent going anywhere for a while.

Of course not.  Papa Floyd engineered Wood's leaving for Nashville so his boy, who appears to be in over his head, would get hired.

If this kid wants to play for a program that will help him get into a top program, Shiloh isn't where he needs to go.

willie Cutts

Over his head? If his last name wasnt Floyd and the school wasnt Shiloh, you would be raving about a 24 yr old in his first year as a head Coach who took a team with only about 5 seniors and a ton of sophmore starters who went deep in the playoff. Josh has the program set to be a force in the AAA for the next several years.

I dont disagree about the politics that led to Wood leaving and Josh taking the job, but Josh is learning fast and will be a very good head coach for years to come.

razorburn

HornetHog

Guys...this breaks my heart to know him as a teammate in high school and to watch him go from the bottom in grade school to the top, McDonald HS All American and playing for Eddie sutton .....only to fall and hit the bottom again.  He truly had a god given talent in basketball.  If anyone still has the copy of Si with Sid Moncreif on the cover about to dunk on Texas...I think that is the issue that Willie Cutts is also in near the back.  Our HS coach at Bryant was even chosen to Coach the McDonald's All American Team...Joe "Willie" Treat.  Good coach but very lucky coach that happen to have a group of guys that did nothing but play BB year round. I think I was the only guy to play all sports and probaly why I rode the pine in BB.  If anyone remembers the movie..."Hoosiers"....1981 Bryant Hornets were a true Arkansas version of the Hoosiers.  Small town..small school(back then AAA), small team, tallest starter was 6'3" - 6'-4"..traveled to Little Rock all  season and whipped up on AAAAA schools.  Had a super star join the team half way through the season(just like the movie)..and went on the win the AAA state championsip...and lost to Keith Lee in the over all final.

Does anyone remember the 10th grader of the year that year....Brad Goesin from Bryant....what a freak of nature he was.  6'2" tops, and was dunking over 6'10" centers form other schools.

OK...thanks for letting me reflect

HH

razorburn

i know how you feel......one of my friends from H.S. has been in and out of jail since high school in florida.....the mug shots show her deterioration every couple of years when she gets booked in the jail again......meth really destroys.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*