Right about what I thought.
122 (66.7%)
Not as Good as I thought.
28 (15.3%)
Other (specify)
1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 172

The_Iceman

What did you guys think about Rotnei's performance this season?

I just wanted to see what everybody thinks.

Toad Suck Pork

He started out as too one-dimensional, but by the end of the year his confidence and skills improved greatly.  I was impressed and I think he'll only get better.

cdclark09

He did fine... struggled early in SEC play but became one of the (if not the only) players that showed improvement.  He will be a solid player for us for 3 more years. 

want2be

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on March 13, 2009, 02:29:47 pm
He started out as too one-dimensional, but by the end of the year his confidence and skills improved greatly.  I was impressed and I think he'll only get better.

He needs to continue to do more with the ball to get himself to the foul line.
He also seems to shoot better when he gets in the flow of the game more. His average scoring is about what I expected.

dougieritch

Did a good job considering he's not the most athletic on the floor.  Showed steady improvement throughout the year.  Would like to see him pump fake and shoot the floater or mid range jumpshot more or drive and get to the FT line. 

Played better defense as the season went on, especially help defense...which really impressed me.  Happy the HOGS have him, will only get better from here on out.

donewithdale

I voted exceeded.  I'll repeat what I said in another thread.  Our SEC opponents knew he was our only consistent backcourt scoring threat yet he was still able to shoot a nice % from 3 pt and could put the ball on the floor.  Fortson going 1 for 40 or whatever for a stretch from 3 certainly didn't take the focus off of Rotnei.  I didn't expect to see him be as aggressive as he was offensively especially the last half of the season and he made some nice steals and passes on the break that I wasn't sure we would see this season. I expected more of a one dimensional spot up and shoot the 3 player.

HoggieStyle

I said "about what I thought". Expectations were pretty high for this kid. I thought he underacheived early on, but he improved as the season wore on.

hawgsav1

Clarke started out relatively hot, and then hit a wall in the middle of SEC play.  Then he turned it back on again.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

thirtythree

I said not as good only because after seeing what he did in high school I had very high expectations. I still he did well, but not as good as I thought he would do. he will get better and he will be one of the nest Hogs to wear a uniform. Especially in character.

hei5manhog

I think what we saw in the last 5 or 6 (maybe a few more) games is what we can almost expect from now on. He learned HOW to score against SEC athletes. Standing around waiting for a spot up shot is going to get you about 3-4 shots a game. He needs to be putting it up about 12-15 times, which is what started happening and he started getting 15-20 a game.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Boarcephus

He's much  better than I thought he'd be from on offensive standpoint.  He is what he is on defense....

On offense I thought he'd be a shorter version of Pat Bradley but he's a much better ball player than Pat ever thought of being.  He handles the ball much better, he's quicker, much more basketball savy and a better shooter.  Truth be known, if he would, he can create his own shot and that was my major concern.  I look for him to do nothing but improve.  One more thing, he's a helluva nice young man.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jowls

I said several weeks ago to a friend that I thought Rot was the most improved player on the team.
I.D.I.C.

SC Hogman

I thought he improved during the season.  His defense improved the most.  He got several steals this year & I think he will improve more next year.  He was open several times a game without being fed the ball especially by one junior player.  He needs to watch some old footage of JJ Redik how he got open.  Duke would screen for him & he moved without the ball.

CDOGHOG

I voted for "about what I thought".  I think he should shoot more. Sometimes when he hesitates before making a pass, I assume that he just passed up a shot he'd have taken in high school.  The rim is still 10 feet off the ground and the same size.  I understand that his mentality is to play "team ball", but I think him shooting more would help the team.  He will be much better next year, especially if he has some help in the "threat to score department".  Go Hogs

I thought he would do better.  A player who scored so well in high school I felt would be decent at making his own shot.  He wasn't.  Played timid early on and the assist Guys ignored him most of every game.  If he can be a threat to drive the basket he will move the defender off him a bit and the shots will come.  When the kid demands the ball and then does something with it, he'll become a great player.  I think the kid is smart and will improve his game to fit the situation.  Overall, improved the most of all the players this year.

benthere

An average player on a very bad team.

Blutoblutarsky

he'll be good at TU after he sits out next year.  you didn't hear it from me.  But it's nice bein in class with athletes that know what is truly goin on. 

thirtythree

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on March 14, 2009, 01:46:19 am
he'll be good at TU after he sits out next year.  you didn't hear it from me.  But it's nice bein in class with athletes that know what is truly goin on.

This post should be removed. -1.

jackflash

Clarke had a good year. He will be better as a sophomore. All freshman and Washington where ask to play too many minutes. If we can cut Clarke playing time to around 24 minutes next year is shooting will be even better.

cdclark09

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on March 14, 2009, 01:46:19 am
Quote from: thirtythree on March 14, 2009, 03:54:28 am
This post should be removed. -1.