Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei Clarke

Started by firecrotch, March 13, 2009, 01:23:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

firecrotch

Thought I would show you his Facebook status from earlier today, for those that don't have Facebook or missed it.

Rotnei Scott Clarke Apologizes to all of the razorback fans...we let u down..thank u 4 the support...Romans 4:20-22.

To me a class act and I still think he'll be one of the best we'll ever see.  :razorback:

The Boar War

Let's be honest.  Rotnei let no one down this year.  He may have not had the freshman year he had hoped for but he has always tried hard and had a positive impact on this team.

sshawg

To me, Henry's got the most talent, but Rotnei's a Cory Beck type, but can shoot. He will be the one that puts this team on his back & refuses to let them lose. Leadership qualities that are born in a person.  He's the one that Pel needs to make sure that he doesn't leave

Hawgrox

Quote from: firecrotch on March 13, 2009, 01:23:25 pm
Thought I would show you his Facebook status from earlier today, for those that don't have Facebook or missed it.

Rotnei Scott Clarke Apologizes to all of the razorback fans...we let u down..thank u 4 the support...Romans 4:20-22.

To me a class act and I still think he'll be one of the best we'll ever see.  :razorback:

Thanks Nadsonfire...

MF

Quote from: The Boar War on March 13, 2009, 01:29:32 pm
Let's be honest.  Rotnei let no one down this year.  He may have not had the freshman year he had hoped for but he has always tried hard and had a positive impact on this team.

Agreed. 
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

cosmodrum

Hehe...firecrotch.

Seriously, I sure hope he sticks around. If he's apologizing to Razorback fans, I doubt he's the type to do that and then bolt for another school. Good kid.
Go away, batin'

BayofPigs

yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.  Therefore it was also credited to him as righteousness.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 13, 2009, 01:47:32 pm
Hehe...firecrotch.

Seriously, I sure hope he sticks around. If he's apologizing to Razorback fans, I doubt he's the type to do that and then bolt for another school. Good kid.

Doesnt sound like it. But it has been communicated that if JP is not retained that could be the case. . .
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

sylvia

Thanks for sharing.  He's been my favorite Razorback all year and his leadership next year will be invaluable to this team. 

HogCard

From what I have seen after he started driving the lane a little and bringing the ball up court some....I think he could be a better point than Fortson, but I realize we need him on the wing for shooting purposes.

HammyHagar

Quote from: MF on March 13, 2009, 01:46:20 pm
Agreed. 

I hope he reads Hogville. I for one am looking forward to watching this kid grow for 3 more years. he didnt let anybody down. Team had some bad breaks, hell, it's easy to be a fan of a team that's winning all the time if you wanna call yourself a diehard fan you gotta weather seasons like this one.  I was just as down on the team as anyone else, then I realized today as i was paying 20 bucks for a new hog ball cap im as big a fan as ever. Go Hogs

sickboy

Quote from: BayofPigs on March 13, 2009, 02:00:33 pm
yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. 

That's a heck of a sentence my friend.   

SLC

Clark was also the smartest basketball player on the team.  His fundamentals are far superior to the rest of the team.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

pigture perfect

Clarke may have been calling a player or players out without naming names. His apologizing for the team may perhaps motivate others to be of the same character he is.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

threeNout

March 13, 2009, 09:55:24 pm #14 Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:57:04 pm by threeNout
As I just said in another thread, RC became our most consistent and reliable scorer over the last 10 games. He showed the ability to create his own shots.

He steadily got better as the year went on, a year in which he was asked to carry more of a load than a true freshman should.

I think him and Sanchez became my favorite Hogs by the end of the year, for their on and off court performance and work ethic.

returntoglory

Quote from: SLC on March 13, 2009, 09:24:42 pm
Clark was also the smartest basketball player on the team.  His fundamentals are far superior to the rest of the team.

I wouldn't say that. I think britt is about as sound as you get.

Buck Ocean

Quote from: returntoglory on March 13, 2009, 10:07:13 pm
I wouldn't say that. I think britt is about as sound as you get.

Britt reminds of clint mcdaniel/tarik wallace.  I think he was my MVP last nite. 
Think like a Jedi

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Buck Ocean on March 13, 2009, 10:32:31 pm
Britt reminds of clint mcdaniel/tarik wallace.  I think he was my MVP last nite. 

I agree with the positive assessment of Britt.  I think given more PT he could really improve, and he seems to have the maturity others are lacking.  Plus I think he could command the teams respect a bit better than CF.  When things were really going south Pel should have just said F it and tried something unconventional like sitting CF (not the suspension) but just put him on the bench, and tell Britt or whoever to go do it.  Hell Petrino pulled CD late in the year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mbgrulz

Britt and Clarke are very solid players. Everyone else has major holes in their game or between their ears. Let's all hope that Marshawn Powell is underrated, and is really a top 25-30 player instead of top 50. Jemal Farmer needs to be a baller too. We can't afford to have him come in and do what Clark and Moore did this year...which is nothing.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 13, 2009, 11:09:39 pm
Britt and Clarke are very solid players. Everyone else has major holes in their game or between their ears. Let's all hope that Marshawn Powell is underrated, and is really a top 25-30 player instead of top 50. Jemal Farmer needs to be a baller too. We can't afford to have him come in and do what Clark and Moore did this year...which is nothing.

And on top of that it would be nice if Clark and Moore do something next year.

Hogger

New starting 5:

1 - Britt
2 - Clarke
3 - Farmer
4 - Washington
5 - Sanchez

Second string:

1 - Fortson
2 - <Need> (Not Welsh)
3 - Henry
4 - Powell
5 - Borden

dfwhog22

It's just nice to see that there are guys on the team who get it.  The more I learn about Rotnei not only as a player but as a person the more I respect him.  I wish the other guys on the team conducted themselves the same way he does.  Big difference between him and some of the other players, they all want to get better, but he actually did what it took to improve every game.

Kris P. Bacon

Quote from: Hogger on March 13, 2009, 11:40:51 pm
New starting 5:

1 - Britt
2 - Clarke
3 - Farmer
4 - Washington
5 - Sanchez

Second string:

1 - Fortson
2 - <Need> (Not Welsh)
3 - Henry
4 - Powell
5 - Borden

Ummmmm... No.
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

hogninja

Apart from the attitude, effort, and desire to improve, RC's misses were all on line.  You can tell he is a sharpshooter, cuz the shots missed were just a little long or a little short, usually under pressure, BUT they were almost always on perfect line with the basket.  I see him improving with the pressure as he learns how to create his shot in the SEC. :razorback:

PennaHog

Quote from: HammyHagar on March 13, 2009, 07:00:42 pm
I hope he reads Hogville. I for one am looking forward to watching this kid grow for 3 more years. he didnt let anybody down. Team had some bad breaks, hell, it's easy to be a fan of a team that's winning all the time if you wanna call yourself a diehard fan you gotta weather seasons like this one.  I was just as down on the team as anyone else, then I realized today as i was paying 20 bucks for a new hog ball cap im as big a fan as ever. Go Hogs

+1

That was about as classy any post as I have seen on this board in a few months (aside from maybe a couple of really good posts from Hoops).

Thanks for the perspective!!!!!

WPS GHG
:razorback:
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

thirtythree

Quote from: PennaHog on March 14, 2009, 02:42:16 am
+1

That was about as classy any post as I have seen on this board in a few months (aside from maybe a couple of really good posts from Hoops).

Thanks for the perspective!!!!!

WPS GHG
:razorback:

I agree.

3kgthog

I don't see how his freshman season could've gone any better. He averaged a nice ppg, protected the basketball, learned that he can score by using fakes and getting closer to the basket, showed some quick hands at times on defense, shot lights out from the FT line, and he did it all with class.

Probably what I appreciate most is his basketball IQ. The ability to thread a bounce pass between defenders. Knowing when to NOT pass the basketball. Smart guys help win games.

hogtheball

While watching a recent game, my 6-year-old boy said "Rotnei Clarke never gives up, does he dad? I want to play just like him."   

It's great to have a player you're proud for your kids to admire, both on and off the court.  Thank you Rotnei for giving my kids something to aspire to. To me, that is the sole reason why sports aren't "just a game."
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

dddollars

Quote from: The Boar War on March 13, 2009, 01:29:32 pm

this

hogman1974

Quote from: sshawg on March 13, 2009, 01:30:30 pm
To me, Henry's got the most talent, but Rotnei's a Cory Beck type, but can shoot. He will be the one that puts this team on his back & refuses to let them lose. Leadership qualities that are born in a person.  He's the one that Pel needs to make sure that he doesn't leave

He's a Corey Beck type because he's short?  I love Rotnei.  I love Beck.  But they are completely different players.  Beck was an incredible rebounder.  Was pass first even if he had an open layup.  Maybe the most unselfish player ever to wear a hog uniform.  Rotnei is a great shooter than hopefully will grow into a great 2 guard.  Anyway, just curious where you saw the comparisons.

hogman1974

Quote from: threeNout on March 13, 2009, 09:55:24 pm
As I just said in another thread, RC became our most consistent and reliable scorer over the last 10 games. He showed the ability to create his own shots.

He steadily got better as the year went on, a year in which he was asked to carry more of a load than a true freshman should.

I think him and Sanchez became my favorite Hogs by the end of the year, for their on and off court performance and work ethic.

What's with all the Sanchez love?  Were none of the games televised in Arkansas?

rzrbackrob

If everyone on the team had this attitude, we would be looking for where Arkansas was going to be seated on Selection Sunday.
Good is the enemy of great

Wahls

Quote from: Hogger on March 13, 2009, 11:40:51 pm
New starting 5:

1 - Britt
2 - Clarke
3 - Farmer
4 - Washington
5 - Sanchez

Second string:

1 - Fortson
2 - <Need> (Not Welsh)
3 - Henry
4 - Powell
5 - Borden

Henry on the bench with Sanchez starting?

Rofl. Thanks for the laugh.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Smokehouse

Quote from: HammyHagar on March 13, 2009, 07:00:42 pm

well, I hope he wasn't reading Hogville when he went through that shooting slump.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Granny fan

RC is my favorite Hog since Corliss.  If he were to leave, I would be extremely disappointed.

Breems

I love how he got out of that slump around mid-season and got confident again, he is the only player in the past few years that I have actually trusted when the ball came out of his hands.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Smokehouse

Quote from: ImissBrewer on March 14, 2009, 04:52:31 pm
I love how he got out of that slump around mid-season and got confident again, he is the only player in the past few years that I have actually trusted when the ball came out of his hands.

I trusted Sonny, and Beverly for his freshman year. But I agree, I liked how he got out of it and improved throughout the year, excellent attitude on and off the court. I was just meaning that he took a lot of bashing on here throughout the slump.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ImissBrewer on March 14, 2009, 04:52:31 pm
Thats because Rotnei went back to doing what all good shooter do, practice shooting your jumper (500/day?) every day. He was told earlier in the season told not to. . .he figured it out and like all good shooters you keep shooting.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hogfanforever

A couple of comments on the thread:

I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but it seemed to me (a) Rotnei always got a lot of love from the crowd during introductions; more than anyone else and (b) Everytime Rotnei got the ball, the crowd collectively held their breath looking for the trey. And he knows that, and doesn't want to let those people (us fans) down. I don't know anything about what's "going on" on the hill, but Rotnei seems to be the real deal, and I really think he'll stay no matter what.

I was very impressed with Britt, as it seems many on the board were, over the last stretch of games. Early in the year he was a little shaky, but it looks like he worked through all that. For all the love (or lack thereof) given to Welsh, he was never 35-minute material; last year he seemed most effective (and probably most irked) working in the shadow of Beverly. And, these last few games when JP kept him on the bench at the start and then brought him in, he seemed to do more for the team (at least in the initial 10 minutes or so).

I can't say much about Sanchez except that I think he will develop into one heck of an inside utility man. Others on the board have talked about his speed and basketball IQ; I think he has turned the corner. His performance against Florida was impressive compared to most of the rest of the year - except for a few instances of putting the ball on the floor when it wasn't necessary, he was posting and driving and scoring and rebounding. I think if he has a good off-season, we will be very happy with his play next year.

Henry scares me, because I can never tell if he has 100% control of the ball. He (and Fortson) drive into the lane and I hold my breath - hoping they don't lose the ball. If Henry finds the handle and conquers all those off-court issues, he will be a stud.

just my 5 cents
"One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people"