Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Way We Were

Started by HawgWild, March 13, 2009, 07:49:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Information from the 2002-03 Media Guide (Stan Heath's 1st Year – Looking back on the Eddie/Nolan years)

27 NCAA Tournament Bids – 7th Nationally
Average Wins per season – 7th (tied) Nationally
13 Final Coaches Poll Rankings – 7th Nationally
6 Final Fours – 9th Nationally
39 NCAA Tournament Wins – 9th Nationally
65 NCAA Tournament Games – 9th Nationally
.654 All time Winning percentage – 11th Nationally
15 Final Associated Press Rankings – 19th Nationally

"Entering the 2003 season, Arkansas has sold out 318 consecutive regular season home games"

"Last time a regular season home game was not sold out was December 4, 1976."

Since 1994 UA's average home attendance is 18,259

In BWA the Hogs were 124-22 at home, .849 winning percentage

Memories
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
Memories, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So its the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

Hoggy1

Time to clean house and start rebuilding those numbers....this is an absolute damn shame the shape our program is in.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

thirtythree

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 13, 2009, 08:57:03 am
Time to clean house and start rebuilding those numbers....this is an absolute damn shame the shape our program is in.

You should change your name as I suggested in earlier post. It seems with your current name you were high on Pel. Now your just:  GIVENPELHELL.

Hoggy1

Quote from: thirtythree on March 13, 2009, 06:18:05 pm
You should change your name as I suggested in earlier post. It seems with your current name you were high on Pel. Now your just:  GIVENPELHELL.

I've never been exactly "high" on Pel, when he was hired I supported him because of Arkansas basketball, not Pel as an individual.  Sure, I thought with his pedigree he coould very well be the next great thing.  But who would have ever known what a total clusterfrik he would lead us in.

And until he is dismissed as the Arkansas coach, I think I'll keep this name...that doesn't mean I can't be critical of the horrible situation that our basketball program is in, which PELPHREY is responsible for.

thirtythree

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 13, 2009, 06:24:59 pm
I've never been exactly "high" on Pel, when he was hired I supported him because of Arkansas basketball, not Pel as an individual.  Sure, I thought with his pedigree he coould very well be the next great thing.  But who would have ever known what a total clusterfrik he would lead us in.

And until he is dismissed as the Arkansas coach, I think I'll keep this name...that doesn't mean I can't be critical of the horrible situation that our basketball program is in, which PELPHREY is responsible for.

It just implies you still support him which is not the case. Anyway, I was just kidding about the name.

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can really not see that we were probably going to have this kind of season. I truly don't get it. I hoped for better, but it's not surprising at all.

Hoggy1

Quote from: thirtythree on March 13, 2009, 09:28:57 pm
It just implies you still support him which is not the case. Anyway, I was just kidding about the name.

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can really not see that we were probably going to have this kind of season. I truly don't get it. I hoped for better, but it's not surprising at all.

You're right, to a certain extent I do still support him, and that's hanging by a skimpy piece of thread right now.

Everyone expected a rebuilding year....nobody expected losing 15 of the last 17 and tying for the worst conference record ever, nobody expected an unreal amount of suspensions and disgustingly horrible team chemistry never seen before.

Even Heath was 2 wins better in his worst conference year, and sorry to say...but Heaths' recruiting is 10x better than Pelphrey.