Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So long JP/Lincoln Financial/Raycom

Started by Table Rocker, March 12, 2009, 10:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Table Rocker

this is the last hogs game i will 'watch' on your station. i will miss your terrible commentators, camera work, 70's graphics and generally piss poor broadcast.

i'll pour a little out for ya tho brotha!

Table Rocker

you sonsabitches pay your respects to JP/LF/Raycom!!!!!!!!!!

UltimateHog

We will still be on Raycom though right?

Or are they ending that and we're getting someone decent to carry the conference?

Or are you just sayin you won't watch it next year, and if thats it, I bet if we start doin good and are like 3-1 or 3-0 in the SEC you'll tune in.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Table Rocker

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 12, 2009, 10:59:04 pm
We will still be on Raycom though right?

Or are they ending that and we're getting someone decent to carry the conference?

Or are you just sayin you won't watch it next year, and if thats it, I bet if we start doin good and are like 3-1 or 3-0 in the SEC you'll tune in.

The Empire takes over all football and basketball broadcasts next year- well besides CBS

yraciv

The SEC has reached a deal with ESPN!  Their broadcasters were saying it's their last SEC year.  Raycom is no more after this year!  Where have you been?

Man I'll miss the SEC on Raycom.  One of my last memories will be the static I saw in the Georgia-Mississippi State game, and their praise for Pel and our effort lol.  It's been a good run.

UltimateHog

Who the hell is The Empire?

Same market area's though?

Like KOZK is my channel 15 that is Raycom/WB.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Table Rocker

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 12, 2009, 11:03:16 pm

ESPN

their years of hatin on the SEC have come to an end.

UltimateHog

Ohhhh no crap?

I thought ESPN was only football, didn't know all our hoops games will be on there now.

So we'll have like 7 or so games a year on ESPN in hoops like we do on Raycom?

Tight.

HD!

Kinda sucks for ESPN though, I feel sorry for the rest of country having to watch our lackluster conference lately.

moses_007

March 13, 2009, 12:07:07 am #8 Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:08:42 am by moses_007
I've been considering turning off my Dish Network, which would also turn off ESPN.  That's the only reason I have it and I'm beginning to think that $67 a month for just sporting events is way too steep.  I guess I'll only be able to watch the LSU game this coming football season on CBS if I do. I'd really like to know if ABC affiliates will have some of the SEC football and basketball games.  I guess it's too early to know right now.

yraciv

Quote from: moses_007 on March 13, 2009, 12:07:07 am
I've been considering turning off my Dish Network, which would also turn off ESPN.  That's the only reason I have it and I'm beginning to think that $67 a month for just sporting events is way too steep.  I guess I'll only be able to watch the LSU game this coming football season on CBS if I do. I'd really like to know if ABC affiliates will have some of the SEC football and basketball games.  I guess it's too early to know right now.

I think that $200 would be a fair price for espn, if I had to pay.  I guess I'm pretty deep into my sports obsession though.  I honestly feel blessed with this new MLB network, which will take up all my time this summer.

thirtythree

Quote from: yraciv on March 12, 2009, 11:02:35 pm
The SEC has reached a deal with ESPN!  Their broadcasters were saying it's their last SEC year.  Raycom is no more after this year!  Where have you been?

Man I'll miss the SEC on Raycom.  One of my last memories will be the static I saw in the Georgia-Mississippi State game, and their praise for Pel and our effort lol.  It's been a good run.

I was just about to say the same thing.

IBGPN

Holy City Hog

My favorite Raycom comment this year via Crazy Dave Baker during UGa vs Ark, as Fortson beat his man off the dribble only to have his shot blocked in the paint, "Wow! That was a great offensive play AND a great defensive play!" . . . Really?  I'm pretty sure it's either one or the other, but thanks for the enthusiasm Dave.  Have fun doing the sideline report from whichever High School is lucky enough to grab you on your way down.

razorbackfan86

I'm actually gonna miss the 3 Dave's in football [End Sarcasm]

TNhogfan

Quote from: moses_007 on March 13, 2009, 12:07:07 am
All SEC that are on broadcast television will be on CBS.  ABC would get a game where the SEC team is the visitor at a school carried by ABC.  The games that have been on Raycom will still be on local broadcast television just it will now be done by ESPN Regional Television.

cdclark09

I thought Raycom was still going to pick up games that ESPN doesn't? 

lovetthog1

I agree with this thread completely. What a bunch of loosers. And I will not miss that goofy Barry Booker either. Or the stupid Brooks and Done videos. Or the mentally retarded Dave, his brother Dave and his other brother Dave. How about their phone texting competition last night. How about Dave's comments on the little texting competition. These guys crap all over Arkansas every chance they get. Farewell idiots.

dddollars

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 12, 2009, 11:03:16 pm

ESPN!!!! BTW im flooded in tears right now....

Notorious H.O.G

So long caveman feed...those cats were stuck in the stone age, the broadcasts were so gloomy and dark it looked like it was broadcast in a cave.  I won't miss the 3 Dave's either.

deshahawg

It was rough watching some of the games. It was like being back in the 70s.

Pigsknuckles

The ESPN 360 feed was trash. Thought I was watching Max Headroom. Was that theirs also?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

pigz

I'm not gonna miss them at all,everytime they show an instant replay they have some sound effect that sounds like my front door opening which makes all 3 dogs go nuts which makes me start yelling
You guys have a good time frig dancing

Hawgrox

Quote from: deshahawg on March 13, 2009, 11:19:12 am
It was like being back in the 70s.

But it's like far out Man!

The funny thing is it seems like Raycom's picture has gotten better this year...but still the same ole idiots calling the games.

woodhog14

Quote from: cdclark09 on March 13, 2009, 10:01:40 am
I thought Raycom was still going to pick up games that ESPN doesn't? 

ESPN is carrying ALL OF THE GAMES.

Except for the CBS 2:30 game, all SEC games will be shown on the ESPN family of networks.

tiber

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 13, 2009, 11:20:40 am
The ESPN 360 feed was trash. Thought I was watching Max Headroom. Was that theirs also?

espn360 feed was great out here... enough so that I could be satisfied watching it on a 720p projector.  Not to mention getting to see the games in CA.
Very thankful for it.

blacksuit

This is awesome news. It will raise the profile of SEC basketball. It will help with national (and regional) recruiting.

UltimateHog

Quote from: tiber on March 13, 2009, 12:27:55 pm
espn360 feed was great out here... enough so that I could be satisfied watching it on a 720p projector.  Not to mention getting to see the games in CA.
Very thankful for it.

Agree'd, ESPN360 is amazing.

Good quality, many games, and FREE.