Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I predict a big victory tonight.....

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, March 12, 2009, 09:01:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

cityhog

Cajun Hog

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Clark with two left handed awkward a## backward looking free throws....

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Triple P, you've got to believe. Like I said, I'm staking my reputation on it, lefthandedness, which seems to be growing on this team for some reason, be darned.

Razorvet

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:07:32 pm
Triple P, you've got to believe. Like I said, I'm staking my reputation on it, lefthandedness, which seems to be growing on this team for some reason, be darned.

Yeah Im with you. Florida needs this win and they are playing like it. I predict a big victory.

vandybuff

it better be good --- we are missing ugly betty for this!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Let me relate a story to you....a friend of mine was at a football game this fall. He rode an elevator with Mr. John Pelphrey, of all people. When asked if he thought the hogs would be able to be Florida this year, he said, "Yeah, we're gonna beat 'em twice."  This friend was all fired up after this chance meeting and Pel's confident prediction, and he related this story to me again at the start of the SEC season, as he was still drunk on the nectar of Oklahoma and Texas victory victories. I think Pel threw both games against Florida and has a few tricks up his left sleeve for this game, and he is poised to break out those tricks tonight. You heard it here first......

BallHog1

OTR, I've followed your prose here on Hville closely, and frankly, your reputation is that of a pot bellied, beer belching, somewhat bi-polar, hypertensive, greasy hamburger eatin', highly delusional person. Personally, I think you may be wrong on this but I hope you're right.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Is anyone noticing how much more Fortson is dribbling the ball right handed tonight? Don't think that we don't have influence on what goes on up there.

BallHog1

I noticed that florida's pep club looks just delicious.

BallHog1

March 12, 2009, 09:34:11 pm #11 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:39:12 pm by BallHog1
If we lose, and we may not, and if I were Pel, and I'm not, I'd give Billy a playful but sharp kidney shot as we passed after the game. You know, just to let him know whats coming and kind of check his oil.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

You'd "billy a sharp shot" or "shot a sharp billy", Ballhog? I think it's time for the hogs to break out the brass knuckles or whatever it takes to win this game. I remember in elementary school, the toughest kid in our school, after we had gotten beaten in a football game with a rival school, threatened that the next game he was going to wear brass knuckles. At age 10, I'd never seen brass knuckles before, but the moral of this story is he was ready for business and ready to do whatever it took to get the job done. That same brass knuckle attitude, after two butt whippings from Florida, is what Arkansas is going to need tonight in order to hang on.

BallHog1

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:40:48 pm
You'd "billy a sharp shot" or "shot a sharp billy", Ballhog? I think it's time for the hogs to break out the brass knuckles or whatever it takes to win this game. I remember in elementary school, the toughest kid in our school, after we had gotten beaten in a football game with a rival school, threatened that the next game he was going to wear brass knuckles. At age 10, I'd never seen brass knuckles before, but the moral of this story is he was ready for business and ready to do whatever it took to get the job done. That same brass knuckle attitude, after two butt whippings from Florida, is what Arkansas is going to need tonight in order to hang on.
Read it again and add illiterate to that initial list of descriptors. Now let them truckers roll, 10-4.

NuttinItUp

So, did the kid end up wearing them?

BallHog1

Seriously OTR, and maybe this belongs in "politics", big trucks and big truck drivers like yourself are what makes this country run. Hell, without guys like you alot of cardiovascular surgeons would be on food stamps.

BallHog1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 12, 2009, 09:44:13 pm
So, did the kid end up wearing them?
thank you for joining this thread, it didn't really seem to be going anywhere and you can do nothing but help.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Well, he brought something to school, they were like these little gold rings, and he had four of them, they were like swirls, and he called them his brass knuckles. I guess he could have worn about anything to school that day and we would have been in awe of him, because he was what I'd classify as an "Old style bully". What I mean by that is that he talked tough and was tough. While bullies today rely on technology (cyber bullies) and take short cuts and rely on mental intimidation and various kinds of new fangled ways to intimidate, this feller was an original old style bully. He would trip you going down the stairs to the cafeteria, sucker punch you in the stomach when you weren't looking, and talked a lot about bruising up one of us with his karate. He'd rather slam your hand in a door as look at you. They don't make bullies like that anymore, if you ask me. I stood up to him once, in 6th grade, and we kept each other in the classic double headlock long enough that civilizations rose and fell in the time we kept each other in that headlock. No one lost that fight, but then again I wouldn't say anyone won it, either, and of course we became best friends almost immediately after that.

want2be

If Pel has the answers up his left sleeve and Fortson is dribbling more with his right hand.............then there has begun of meeting of the left and right handed brains !

I have always said most guys dribble before they shoot

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Ball hog, you're like a one man convoy. No one wants to follow you because you smell like stinkbait. You have no support on this board.

BallHog1

That same brass knuckle attitude, after two butt whippings from Florida, is what Arkansas is going to need tonight in order to hang on.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure we've only played Florida once this year previous to tonight.

Burt B.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I don't know...all I know is that this thread is picking up some serious momentum and I'd love to heard everyone's thoughts on old style bullies v. these new age bullies, among other things this thread has potential for.....

BallHog1

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:54:21 pm
Ball hog, you're like a one man convoy. No one wants to follow you because you smell like stinkbait. You have no support on this board.

When you talk that way it reminds me of your favorite CW McCall song that I'm sure you have dialed up in your big rig all day long - Mercey sakes alive, looks like we've got ourselves a "CONVOY".

BallHog1

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:56:55 pm
I don't know...all I know is that this thread is picking up some serious momentum and I'd love to heard everyone's thoughts on old style bullies v. these new age bullies, among other things this thread has potential for.....

I'll say this, old style bullies tend to have big heads and don't mind using the ole sucker punch on you before you even know a fight has started.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Let me tell you something, Ball Hog...if I had a dollar for every one of my trucker friends that uses convoy as their ringtone, I wouldn't have to drive this damn truck for a living....that's all I know. You probably are an accountant or a lawyer or work at Planters Peanut or are a vendor for Wal mart of something.....I went to the University of C-1 truck driving school back in the day and didn't get no fancy college education like you...I can't write too well and I certainly don't know a lot of big words like you...but I do know a good song when I heard it and I do think I'd classify Convoy as solid country gold and I think I'd classify you, sir, as a "bigmouth" and nothing short of a know it all.

BigoBoys

Overtheroadtruckdriver

In the original Longest yard, they made a lot of casts with and stuff for the lineman, and I remember watching Conrad Dobler, the old Cardinals guard, with a cast on his arm for a few games and he weilded it like a caveman with a club. I think that someone needs a plaster of paris cast from the knuckles to the elbow tonight, and that might slow down some of the gators driving to the basket, if they knew someone was under there that meant business with that cast/club.

BallHog1

BallHog1

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 10:10:53 pm
In the original Longest yard, they made a lot of casts with and stuff for the lineman, and I remember watching Conrad Dobler, the old Cardinals guard, with a cast on his arm for a few games and he weilded it like a caveman with a club. I think that someone needs a plaster of paris cast from the knuckles to the elbow tonight, and that might slow down some of the gators driving to the basket, if they knew someone was under there that meant business with that cast/club.
How about a full body cast on Reggie Fish and we just throw him at them?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

BallHog1

Razorvet

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:51:17 pm
Well, he brought something to school, they were like these little gold rings, and he had four of them, they were like swirls, and he called them his brass knuckles. I guess he could have worn about anything to school that day and we would have been in awe of him, because he was what I'd classify as an "Old style bully". What I mean by that is that he talked tough and was tough. While bullies today rely on technology (cyber bullies) and take short cuts and rely on mental intimidation and various kinds of new fangled ways to intimidate, this feller was an original old style bully. He would trip you going down the stairs to the cafeteria, sucker punch you in the stomach when you weren't looking, and talked a lot about bruising up one of us with his karate. He'd rather slam your hand in a door as look at you. They don't make bullies like that anymore, if you ask me. I stood up to him once, in 6th grade, and we kept each other in the classic double headlock long enough that civilizations rose and fell in the time we kept each other in that headlock. No one lost that fight, but then again I wouldn't say anyone won it, either, and of course we became best friends almost immediately after that.

You gotta stop livin in the past man.

Razorvet

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:56:55 pm

Uhh. This thread has about as much po-ten-tial as a Houston Nutt recruit. But since your asking I think bullies are generally of the weaker breed of man and its funny to run into one of the old ones now that we are thirty and they are doped out skinny bald and toothless and cant seem to work up the nerve to look you in the eye.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I guess you're right. The bully I made reference to died a few years ago. I never heard why. They don't make bullies the way they used to. All these new kids could have learned a thing or two from him about bullying.

BallHog1

OTR, I'm glad to see you up and at 'em this a.m.  You're gonna need to go to work immediately repairing your soiled reputation as it was lost in last nights "stake". No, not a chicken fried steak.

tweakmyhamstrings

Sourpuss

Quote from: Razorvet on March 12, 2009, 11:36:26 pm
Uhh. This thread has about as much po-ten-tial as a Houston Nutt recruit. But since your asking I think bullies are generally of the weaker breed of man and its funny to run into one of the old ones now that we are thirty and they are doped out skinny bald and toothless and cant seem to work up the nerve to look you in the eye.
You sound like a kid I used to bully.  That you Ritchie?  Ritchie britches?  Sittin' there in a little bonnet drinkin that spiced tea your momma sent to school with you?  From readin' your posts it sounds like you.  How'd you like another dutch rub Ritchie britches?

If it ain't, no harm no foul.  And my advance apologies.

Smoke break!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

You know, it's a sad day when I go out on a limb and predict a big victory for the Hogs as I did last night, one of a handful of people on this board considered a "true believer", and then have my karma turned upside down because of it. I was holding my own on karma in spite of my outspoken ways....but I go out in support of the hogs and watch my karma suffer for it.

The world is upside down when that type of thing happens.

heathtits

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 13, 2009, 02:34:05 pm

The world is upside down when that type of thing happens.

Nope. Make a stupid prediction and that is what happens.

The world is upside down when, and I will quote I think Oliver Miller "predicting a Hog Basketball loss is about as easy as predicting the sun rising and setting."

Oliver

Quote from: heathtits on March 13, 2009, 03:07:11 pm
Nope. Make a stupid prediction and that is what happens.

The world is upside down when, and I will quote I think Oliver Miller "predicting a Hog Basketball loss is about as easy as predicting the sun rising and setting."

Hey heathtits.  Good to have you back.  Yes, I did say that.

heathtits

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 13, 2009, 03:12:02 pm
Hey heathtits.  Good to have you back.  Yes, I did say that.

Yup. It was a fine hiatus. I still won't be posting in regards to specific basketball team issues though.

Its a psuedo-boycot at this point.

Sourpuss

Quote from: tweakmyhamstrings on March 13, 2009, 09:15:59 am
I'm smitin' you for that.
Well I am smiting you and everyone in this thread, pansy!  And that includes you too Ballhog.  Your mean spirited attacks and name calling have gotten very old.  OTR is trying to provide a service here while you guttersnipe him. 

In fact, I'm smiting everyone of you and then I'll come back every 30 minutes from now until Matlock kicks off at 8:00pm.  I am sick of the lack of realistic expectations here. 

OTR is the only one who has:

A)  provided an outside the box view of what might be going on, and he has done some research between routes to back it up. 

B)  dared to believe.  Dared to believe in this team when all of you are ready to put Pelphrey's head on a stick.  And for that you attack from all sides. 

We couldn't kill ole Stan off fast enough either.  Everybody got sooooo caught up in chanting "fire heath, fire heath" they didn't learn anything from what Stan was trying to do here. 

All I am saying is this, IF, and it is a BIG IF, a right handed coach can coach a guard with left handed ways, and that is a problem for the rest of the country and not for Pelphrey, if he is the only right handed/right thinking coach to successfully pull of coaching a player with left handed ways, then that would make us, possibly the only team in the nation for that to happen to.  That is like being the only team in the nation that runs the midline in football. 

(Off the subject a bit, does anyone know where I can get a bumper for a 51 Hudson and a bunch of used canning jars for tomatoes and or peaches?  Does it matter if your gonna can fruit and you used them for peaches the year before.  )

axedawg

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on March 12, 2009, 09:01:54 pm
and I'm staking my reputation on it.

Hey there, man...what's goin on?

You were wrong.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Sourpuss, while I appreciate your support, you may be the only person in here with a worse karma than me. If you take a look at my left brain right brain thread and my classification system, you are walking talking conundrum in terms of how I should classify you. I think, after reading some of your work, that I would have to classify you with a term that my dad uses on occassion, for people just like you, and that term is "mallet head". While my father may use the term big mouth to describe some people, he prefers the term mallet head for dummies like yourself. It seems to be a moniker for someone that is hardheaded, like yourself, or maybe it means thickskulled. I am not really sure of his definition. I just know that you have never understood my left handed theories and have confused the issue, literally and figuratively, as one can see from former posts, with smoke and mirrors.

Don't look at this e-mail as anything more than constructive criticism for yourself, Sourpuss. If I take you under my wing, which I have no plan to do, I could learn you quite a bit about basketball and sports in general. At this point, thanks but no thanks for your support, and go back and read right brain left brain and try this time to read it slow and internalize its meaning, as difficult as that will be for you.....mallet head.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Razorvet

Quote from: Sourpuss on March 13, 2009, 09:22:45 am
You sound like a kid I used to bully.  That you Ritchie?  Ritchie britches?  Sittin' there in a little bonnet drinkin that spiced tea your momma sent to school with you?  From readin' your posts it sounds like you.  How'd you like another dutch rub Ritchie britches?

If it ain't, no harm no foul.  And my advance apologies.

Smoke break!

Ya'll are definitely a couple of characters.

And your description of me was almost spot on but I was actually the kid who got bullied by Richie.

No seriously I may be the this Richie britches your talking about. Are you the doped out weak breed toothless thirty year old little bitch who wont look anyone in the eyes?

If not I appologize in advance. No harm no foul. Unless you avtually are Stan Heath. In that case I meant everything I said.

And lets get us a real SEC coach.