Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (19-8, 8-6) vs Kentucky (18-9, 7-7)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 20, 2018, 07:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on February 20, 2018, 09:56:48 pm
Athletic basketball players beat athletes playing basketball every time.

Ding ding ding we have a winner
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 20, 2018, 10:05:33 pm
That tends to happen when you take quite a few low percentage shots. When we don't look for threes, we're on out of control drives that lead to poor shot selection and no thought to pass. It is what is has been for a while. We're a program that has accepted lower high points. It's laughable at times.

That...and we'll miss shots right under the basket.

Let's review. 15 point loss, going away. To Kentucky. At home.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

darkstar

Eber

This one hurts.  You could tell how much Macon and others wanted it.  Reminds me of the UNC game this year in that way.  If only a few of those open threes would have gone in halfway through the first half they might have been able to hold them off.  Kentucky played like a top 10 team tonight. 

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogsanity

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 20, 2018, 10:06:37 pm
Can't talk about depth problems when you have players like Adrio Bailey that don't touch the floor

Sure you can because Mike recruited guys that can't play SEC basketball ( apparently since Mike wont play them ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TeufelHog

. . . and this ladies and gentlemen is why this senior laden team GETS NO RESPECT from the polls and those making tournament seedings.  "Mediocre Mike" and his inconsistent team rear their ugly coaching/play AGAIN!  I was so hoping they had made a turn for the better over the past couple weeks.  Nope . . . dominated at home by a much younger/inexperienced Kentucky ball team.  "We are who they say we are."

Hogz87

We got outscored by 26 after we jumped out to an 11-0 lead. 

Unacceptable at home in a game that could've solidified our tournament bid had we won.

hoglady

Not much to say - we just got whipped by a team that had a better night.
Next....
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RagingHawgOn

And here we are again....needing a reach-around to get to the promised land.

This sucks.

Our players deserve better. We, as fans and donors, deserve better.

We've been at the TOP.

I'm tired of being average.

Mike has to go.

txkhog

TheRazorback500

We got too cocky. We might look back on this as needed. Sucks, though. Calipari bites.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jfred59

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 20, 2018, 10:03:59 pm
Not blaming the refs but don't know how anyone couldn't see the foul on Hall.

SEC refs that are controlled by UK and Cheatapari

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Eber on February 20, 2018, 10:07:29 pm
This one hurts.  You could tell how much Macon and others wanted it.  Reminds me of the UNC game this year in that way.  If only a few of those open threes would have gone in halfway through the first half they might have been able to hold them off.  Kentucky played like a top 10 team tonight.
Everyone plays like a top 10 team against us
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

LR_Matt

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 20, 2018, 10:08:00 pm
. . . and this ladies and gentlemen is why this senior laden team GETS NO RESPECT from the polls and those making tournament seedings.  "Mediocre Mike" and his inconsistent team rear their ugly coaching/play AGAIN!  I was so hoping they had made a turn for the better over the past couple weeks.  Nope . . . dominated at home by a much younger/inexperienced Kentucky ball team.  "We are who they say we are."
Agreed.... worst UK team in 5 years and we can't even win at home.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:07:45 pm
Sure you can because Mike recruited guys that can't play SEC basketball ( apparently since Mike wont play them ).

Those guys where just better. Macon and Gafford are the only players that could play on Kentucky's roster. Really needed CJ Jones tonight.

alohawg

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 20, 2018, 10:08:41 pm
We got outscored by 26 after we jumped out to an 11-0 lead. 

Unacceptable at home in a game that could've solidified our tournament bid had we won.

What was the turning point? I say our hardheaded coach insisting on predetermined subs No. Matter. What.
Killed a great beginning and allowed them to slowly take control from then on. Just flipping stooooopid.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hoglady

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 20, 2018, 10:06:37 pm
Can't talk about depth problems when you have players like Adrio Bailey that don't touch the floor

Didn't Adrio have the flu last week??
The recovery time for that can be weeks.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Rbill

Quote from: txkhog on February 20, 2018, 10:02:32 pm
Asinine substitution patterns that kill runs and make no sense at all.

I think this line of discussion deserves more attention than it gets.

If an amateur like me starts to notice weird trends in runs and droughts that correspond with strange substitution decisions then something is definitely amiss in there somewhere. You can say coach knows more than fans from watching practice and he's a pro and yada yada. Of course that's true, save it, but this is a common complaint throughout the years for a reason. Pros can have shortcomings too and coach has favorites and a love for seniority and a tendency to forget about guys on the bench that could sometimes offer more.

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: alohawg on February 20, 2018, 10:14:52 pm
What was the turning point? I say our hardheaded coach insisting on predetermined subs No. Matter. What.
Killed a great beginning and allowed them to slowly take control from then on. Just flipping stooooopid.

Yep.

alohawg

Quote from: Rbill on February 20, 2018, 10:15:22 pm

If an amateur like me starts to notice weird trends in runs and droughts that correspond with strange substitution decisions then something is definitely amiss in there somewhere. You can say coach knows more than fans from watching practice and he's a pro and yada yada. Of course that's true, save it, but this is a common complaint throughout the years for a reason. Pros can have shortcomings too and coach has favorites and a love for seniority and a tendency to forget about guys on the bench that could sometimes offer more.

It's his grand scheme....that fails when needed most over and over. Will he ever learn? Nope
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

elksnort

Excellent post.

PygmalionEffect2

We were due for a let down game.

This is the crossroads of our season, how will we respond after this loss.

Gather ourselves up and play our best ball of the season,

or pack it in.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

hogsanity

Quote from: alohawg on February 20, 2018, 10:19:09 pm
It's his grand scheme....that fails when needed most over and over. Will he ever learn? Nope

I am convinced Mike can not stand to coach any other way in "big" games. In stead of sticking with what won 4 in a row, nope he has to pressure a team that is very athletic but does not shoot well, and as usually gave up a bazzillion offensive rebounds, and about 30 layups/dunks.

elksnort

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on February 20, 2018, 10:24:02 pm

or pack it in.
another good post it's all so predictable about this team that they possibly will come back and make it into the tournament and maybe when a couple games you never know they have the ability to do so.    phonetic

Letsroll1200

Pigsear

Quote from: tncbg on February 20, 2018, 10:10:11 pm
Totally ruins my week. I hate Kentucky beyond belief. They are better than us but I hoped we might play an inspired game. Sooooo tired losing to a cheater year after year. Gafford got roughed up pretty good by their bench full of 6'10 guys Cal bought at the AAU slave auction.
If you let losing a basketball game ruin your week, you've got bigger problems.

Letsroll1200

It killed momentum. Was not the first game that subbing in Thompson and Jones has killed Mo. I can't blame MA. Jones had open looks that he has to make.

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 20, 2018, 10:31:31 pm
It killed momentum. Was not the first game that subbing in Thompson and Jones has killed Mo. I can't blame MA. Jones had open looks that he has to make.
Barford seemed to be the problem tonight.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on February 20, 2018, 10:24:02 pm

or pack it in.

Of course we were due! Trademark MA teams.

I hope we do "gather ourselves up" and win it all. I'm all for Hog wins. But, MA....history shows what we'll get.

WPS and GHG!

hoglady

Quote from: elksnort on February 20, 2018, 10:38:16 pm
Barford seemed to be the problem tonight.

Tough for us to win games when Barford and CJ have bad shooting games at the same time.
CJ had some nice wide open 3's - he has to hit those.